Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

2018 PPL Champions Tour Pre-Committed List Part 2 April 09, 2018 12:16PM
Part 2

Brent Yaron

Thoughts April 09, 2018 12:20PM
I will post the Silver Series when it becomes available. What do you find interesting from the list. What I noticed is where are the Long's two wheel drive trucks, the Big Bad Dodge SSD4x4, Maximus Prime I, and the Slagh's third mini. Also, the numbers in both Super Stock classes look great, but the Pro Stock numbers that pre committed seems a bit low. Otherwise, lots of new names on the list and can't wait for the season to get underway!

Brent Yaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2018 12:20PM by Brent Yaron.

Re: Thoughts April 09, 2018 12:44PM
Long's sold both 2 wheelers.

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Re: Thoughts April 09, 2018 12:48PM
I did not know that. Any knowledge of where they went?

Brent Yaron

Re: Thoughts April 09, 2018 02:22PM
I agree the ULSS numbers are great and also the pro stocks do seem a little less than usual. Very interesting to see that the Sheltons are having a second mod out along with the the Longs I wonder if one of them bought Wayne Bunnage’s mod. Overall looks like a great list pullers

Re: Thoughts April 10, 2018 02:25AM
I may be mis-remembering, but I think Cains bought them. Longs will have 2 mods this year.

CP

Re: Thoughts April 10, 2018 03:30AM
Curious to see how Mac Daddy can run both NTPA and PPL full time?

Re: Thoughts April 10, 2018 04:28AM
MAC nasty is precomitted to NTPA....MAC daddy and Mr. MAC daddy or precomitted to PPL

Re: Thoughts April 10, 2018 04:40AM
Didn't realize they were up to 3 tractors now. The logistics still seem pretty daunting though. That's a lot of hooks. Blackbourn's will also have to decide which one to focus on due to overlap as well if I'm not mistaken. Haven't studied the schedule's that much this year, but I think that last year the only class that could get away with hitting all the pulls for both sanctions was the LSS.

Re: Thoughts April 10, 2018 06:24AM
Pretty sure they mean MAC Daddy and MAC Nasty because they have been on the pre commit list the last few years with MAC Daddy and Mr. MAC Nasty but never ran for points. Blackbourn's pre commit every year as well but they focus on the NTPA circuit and hit up PPL events when the schedule allows. I believe that the USS class overlaps with Benson, NC and Fort Recovery, and Hamburg, NY and Bowling Green.

Brent Yaron

Re: Thoughts April 10, 2018 06:33AM
Which circuit is better to precomitt and pull with?

Re: Thoughts April 10, 2018 06:42AM
All personal opinion really. Some will do if for who they think is a better organization, or maybe who offers more money to win, or which has pulls closer to home. It's different to every puller.

Brent Yaron

Re: Thoughts April 10, 2018 03:57PM
You guys should go to the PPL website & look at the "Champions Club Information & License Form". It's the 2016 form as it hasn't been updated lately, but the first page explains the requirements & perks of being a pre-commit/champions club member with PPL.

Re: Thoughts April 12, 2018 02:21AM
Talked to Dick a while ago about his truck. He said he sold one of them to Dale and the other was going to set this year... supposedly. Smiling

Re: 2018 PPL Champions Tour Pre-Committed List Part 1 April 10, 2018 07:59AM
where is Slama's 2nd tractor dont see it in the pre-commits list

Re: 2018 PPL Champions Tour Pre-Committed List Part 1 April 10, 2018 09:33AM
Did jeff hirt sell fast lane?

Re: 2018 PPL Champions Tour Pre-Committed List Part 1 April 10, 2018 10:05AM
Is there some benefit to pre-committing if your not going to make every pull like Blackbourn's in PPL? Won't that mess with the point system? I know NTPA only awards points to guys running GN. At GN pulls, if you get 5th place but two guys ahead of you are local, then you get 3rd place points. Why would they let a team pre-commit even if they aren't planning on making every pull and will have no chance to win the title? Not trying to cause any trouble or point fingers, just curious as to how it all works.

Re: 2018 PPL Champions Tour Pre-Committed List Part 1 April 10, 2018 11:24AM
When you sign up for pre-commit you get special payments and privileges. If you don't make the hooks you lose those privileges. PPL you have to make all but 2 on the schedule, NTPA you can't miss a single hook. You also take up a spot someone else might want because there are a limited number of spots.

Re: 2018 PPL Champions Tour Pre-Committed List Part 1 April 12, 2018 05:35AM
I know I am a day late and a dollar short on when/where some of the vehicles exchanged hands, but had the XXX ULSS of Keener's leave his stable? Thank you for the info.

Re: 2018 PPL Champions Tour Pre-Committed List Part 1 April 12, 2018 08:51AM
If I'm not mistaking the XXX super stock got sold in 2015.
That is what I remember from my visit to the NFMS that year.

Re: 2018 PPL Champions Tour Pre-Committed List Part 1 April 12, 2018 11:06AM
Keener’s still have the sheet metal for XXX, they sold the motor to Kim Parobek that he put in the chassis of my other dear, which was the old smokin hot Deere chassis.
You have to have a ppl license to pull at goshen, and you used to have to have one to pull at Indy as well, so it’s tuff to chase points without one! Hope this clears these few things up!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,757, Posts: 229,914, Members: 3,335.
This forum: Topics: 37,092, Posts: 226,013.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM