Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 09, 2018 03:25PM
Where where all the tractors used to be a good pull will not pay to sit in stands next year

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 10, 2018 06:06AM
The reason is pro farm is a 466 class not 640.

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 10, 2018 07:34AM
And for little classes,having a PTO effects horse power how ??????????? I know it is hard to have Hobby,Improved and "STOCK".So maybe just a speed limit with no PTO rule would be more favorable for most,can't please everyone.Atleast a few tractors left after finding out no pull - no pto.Thanks to the people that work hard to promote organize and work the event. ^ mph would suit many,some want slower,some want faster.However with a 4 - 5 mph limit the low powered tractors are still at a disadvantage,the middle tractors are just right,and high powered at a speed which requires skill,fortitude and ability to use the power,making it somewhat fair for all,being a drivers class is what this all about,fun and testing our knowledge and abilities for fun,making friends and getting out of the house,barn,bar or trailer.

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 10, 2018 11:53AM
B S them tractor are not 466 you don't 30+mph at 10000# with 466

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 10, 2018 11:58AM
Then you must have some lousy running 466 stuff. Not saying those rigs are 466. But a properly built 466 will run right with a big motor.

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 10, 2018 02:23PM
Nate must got 30 Miles per hour out of his yeah he’s not for 466 Any blind fool can see that

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 10, 2018 10:03PM
Rumor has it Miller sold his ntpa tractor but kept his 672 for a project he has and his wife is going to drive it.

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 11, 2018 07:25AM
Nate going 30 MPH ??? . He beat Iron Binder - Jake Decker.. How Fast was he going ? Easy to see they are over 466 ...
They put on a Awesome show & that is what people come to see. Agree or Disagree ?

Now Safety Equipment / New guy from RIce Lake, Wi Andy (Don't know the last name) He pulls Improved Farm 10,000 -m 11,000 #.
He has pulled at 3 shows now .. He has no Helmet .. No Safety Blanket .. I don't think it's a 466 inside .. only out side.
What is his tubro size. Nobody checks nothing ... But Boarderline Pullers & local pulls don't either.
SO ?/ why have rules if nobody follows them ??

So what if Rich Miller wants to pull a 672 ? If his wife wants to drive .. what's wrong with that ?

Wondering where the tractors were. They Pulled at Roberts .. but they were from Minnesota. A bunch at Ridgeland too.

Baldwin had a good pull. It takes money to pull Pro Farm - Improved farm , Super Farm or Open.

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 11, 2018 08:17AM
Andys tractor is a 466 it just hes the right combination that makes power.
He definatly should not be pulling or shouldnt be able to pull without safty equipment.
These inproved tractors should also be required to have roll cages.

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 11, 2018 12:35PM
you are trying to tell me you can make 800+ hp with 466 2.8 rotter pump B S

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 11, 2018 01:58PM
I have one dyno at 921 in Mondovi wi

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 11, 2018 08:49AM
amen on safety equipment.

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 11, 2018 09:00AM
Good show you’re on drugs there used to be all kinds of hot tractors now you can count them all on one hand

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 11, 2018 09:05AM
Pretty hard to enforce rules when the venues don’t want to Chuck tractors it’ll all be over with once someone gets hurt or killed

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 11, 2018 03:19PM
You see the problem is people are willing to spend way to much money on this inproved class.
to build a competitive inproved it will cost you 30000 on the low side.
And 800 hp is easy to get

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 12, 2018 08:13AM
So who is going to tech? I hear all the time that people will tech an no one does. No classes at all. The truck pullers are the only ones that get teched and thats far and few between as well. Safety equipment should be mandatory and every pull should have at least on person who knows the rules for safety and class rulls. Someone is going to get hurt when tractors are running well over 3000 rpm on cast flywheels. 5500 farm is a good example. Andy has more safety equipment than most people i have seen running the 11000 improved class. He has SFI certified fly wheel and clutch. But no one thinks its crazy to spin a 560 to 5000 rpm on cast... seriously. 9500 farm stock have no safety equipment and most of those guys can run 18+ mph. So where do you guys want to draw the line between ok? Id rather stand buy the improved tractors than farm.

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 12, 2018 08:33AM
How about side shields tiebars wheelie bars seatbelt helmet just my two cents and maybe a turbo that fits the rules not 2.8 slotted

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 12, 2018 10:49AM
Border line pulling is the is one of the only places that doesnt allow map grove turbos. Andy doesnt have a belt driven fan so why do you need side panels? I have never seen a pull that requires side panels with an electric fan in improved. Andy has a seat belt, wheelie bars and rops. Doesnt matter any ways Ben allows slugs for 2.8 smooth bore. And how about diesel pick ups spinning 5000 rpm are people going to make then run skatter blankets to?

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 13, 2018 04:35AM
Baldwin was always a good show but this year was a disgrace. Why have rules of they aren't enforced. AND I find it funny that about 5 years ago or so...all these pulls implemented a speed limit on the farm stock classes. Now they went away from it and didnt have a turn out. Weird. Why go to your hometown pull if you stand absolutely no chance because there is nothing preventing cheaters from taking 1, 2, and 3. If these towns and pulling organizations want to keep going they have to do something or pulling as a sport will die. I realize most fans like a fast paced show and dont necessarily care about farm stock, but without farm stock the pull would only last an hour.

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 13, 2018 05:29AM
Saw a nice looking 6030 with a cage and cut tires leave on a trailer but didn't see it pull.. Did I miss it?

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 13, 2018 08:02AM
As for the shitty pull! We had 104 hooks not to many trucks and plenty of smoke. There were a lot of tractors still parked in the shed and I get it there is farming to do.
We run the pull fast and efficient. The pull ended at 11:40 pm and the Village does not like us pulling after 12:00!
We had trouble with the farm class 4500 and 5500 that was on the poster. We had hot farm tractors that wanted to pull farm stock. So we had 8 DQ's for the night.
Just trying to put on a pull! I get nothing from it! The money gets past on to the Fire Dept. and the High school Band that help at the gate and lining up the tractors.
I spend a week off of work to set the event up with a few others! Sorry for the disappointment. Thanks for the feed back!

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 13, 2018 02:14PM
I personally don't want to run farm stock against legit farm tractors. I would much rather see a 7mph speed limit improved class and a 3 or 4 mph FARM STOCK class. I know I heard that would make the pull last too long, but its not classes that take time its tractors that take time. You could have 100 hooks with 10 classes and 100 hooks with 25 classes and the show would be the same length. As for the payout issue, with an absolute farm class you would bring in the locals guys puting more money in with entry fees allowing a bigger purse. Safety equipment is important but you know the second I put a scatter blanket on my tractor then it would be a big scary monster and not a tractor and I wouldn't even be allowed to pull improved, I would get jumped straight to hobby where I don't even have a dog in the fight. They didn't want me to pull farm in Baldwin because of my wheelie bars, why should I be punished for having safety equipment?

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 13, 2018 02:54PM
Roberts and Baldwin have had speed limits for the he past few years, so then this year we all show up and all of a sudden no speed limits. And not a word about not having them anywhere just show up expecting it to be the same as last year and it’s different, that’s was makes me mad if your gonna change something pretty important like speed limits not having or having them advertise it so we know. Either way we’re gonna show up and pull would just be nice to know what we’re getting into instead of being surprised all of a sudden.

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 13, 2018 08:06AM
No sorry you didn't. He did not fit the 466 block rule or the 4 inch exhaust rule.

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 15, 2018 02:41AM
Clayton this weekend.. Now you can type about that pull.
It's gotten way out of hand all the keyboard pullers.
Have your own pull . Lets see how that goes .

Re: Baldwin Wisconsin tractor pull June 15, 2018 11:11AM
I help run the Boyceville pulls, and I have helped with Glenwood, I know what it takes and that its alot of work.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,804, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,958.

Our newest member CBeard