Best Battery July 07, 2018 04:19PM
Have a 3000 RPM tractor and need a new battery. Have been using a 12 volt tractor battery, but it’s about worn out and needs to be replaced.

I don’t have an alternator. Battery runs starter, electric fuel pump, electric water pump, and electric fan. Would like something that would last for a warm up and two hooks a night. Someone has mentioned a deep cycle?

Any advice on the best route to go would be helpful. Thanks!!

Re: Best Battery July 07, 2018 05:22PM
Go with Optima Red top. Have had mine in my tractor for 9 yrs and still going strong. Not the cheapest but worth the money.

Re: Best Battery July 08, 2018 01:50AM
Local NAPA use to sell Optima. Says after they moved production to Mexico, got bought out, quality went way south. The last several they sold were all returned bad. Replcaed them with NAPA deep cycle units. Before that they say they were real good batteries. Store doesn’t even sell them now. Is it a bunch of BS? He has no reason to lie to me. Gets my money either way.

Re: Best Battery July 08, 2018 08:40AM
I agree new Optima's are junk

Re: Best Battery July 08, 2018 08:52AM
So basically I want a Napa deep cycle marine battery with as many cold cranking amps as I can get?

Re: Best Battery July 08, 2018 11:07AM
Deka batteries are generally considered to be the best commonly available battery out there.

Re: Best Battery July 08, 2018 03:43PM
Cat batteries have lasted me 3 seasons and I replaced them under warranty. At the time they ran starter data logger lights water injection pump and steering for a while. Now im still using 2 cat 31 batteries to run the starter data logger and lights. Have went two nights and didn’t charge.

Re: Best Battery July 09, 2018 11:20AM
We have had nothing but good luck with XS brand batteries. Not the cheapest but have outlasted most on the farm.

Re: Best Battery July 09, 2018 11:57AM
Simple answer...Odyssey extreme series or Northstar (nearly the same). These are ultra-premium AGM batteries. Almost all I ever use and never let me. The only other brand I will use is the premium Interstates which are, of coarse, good batteries.

Re: Best Battery July 09, 2018 12:02PM
Also as PMS Racing said, XS batteries should be great, again very similar to the Odyssey and Northstar.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520