New pulling association in the mid west July 17, 2018 07:34AM
My buddy who lives Missouri said he heard that Doug put in paperwork to start another Association in the Midwest

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 17, 2018 08:03AM
Let's dilute things further. I mean, there are too many tractors at current pulls.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 17, 2018 02:15PM
I wish some kind of universal organization could be done. Within 50 miles or less radius I can encounter at least 7 different organizations. All with their own different rules and wanting their dues to come pull with them. I understand why they need the dues. Mostly insurance. But if they could get together on the insurance thing could we save a bunch of money? And a common setbof rules would allow a lot of us to cross over and help out with a common problem. Not enough tractors.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 17, 2018 03:25PM
3010JD
I wish some kind of universal organization could be done. Within 50 miles or less radius I can encounter at least 7 different organizations. All with their own different rules and wanting their dues to come pull with them. I understand why they need the dues. Mostly insurance. But if they could get together on the insurance thing could we save a bunch of money? And a common setbof rules would allow a lot of us to cross over and help out with a common problem. Not enough tractors.

20 years ago, we had a universal organization and it was called NTPA. When NTPA decided to dictate to most state pullers is now the reason why we have all these different organizations and rules.

The problem with pulling July 17, 2018 10:27PM
Supertiquer

20 years ago, we had a universal organization and it was called NTPA. When NTPA decided to dictate to most state pullers is now the reason why we have all these different organizations and rules.

Herein lies one of the problems with the sport. The flip side is the reason NTPA was formed was to have unified rules across the country. What you called dictating could be viewed as overruling local opinions in order to have unified rules for the greater good (unless you are referring to things other than safety and class rules).

Just look at the mess that is the LLSS class for a perfect example of why NTPA came to be. One class which had numerous sets of local rules. The National rules are a step in the right direction, but how much better would it have been to have one unified set of rules to begin with.

Re: The problem with pulling July 18, 2018 01:02AM
The Original Michael

Herein lies one of the problems with the sport. The flip side is the reason NTPA was formed was to have unified rules across the country. What you called dictating could be viewed as overruling local opinions in order to have unified rules for the greater good (unless you are referring to things other than safety and class rules).

I am referring to everything in general. Why is it that they only have 8 member states now when they used to have over 30 at one time?

Re: The problem with pulling July 18, 2018 02:07AM
It’s amazing how many supporters Roberts has now, when he was running Outlaws he couldn’t do anything right. Now he’s a genius

Re: The problem with pulling July 18, 2018 02:34AM
Most don’t know what they had till it’s gone. The outlaw pullers and promoters did, his criticism came from others that were jealous of Outlaws success. It’s pretty obvious now that Outlaws isn’t what is was when he was in charge.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 19, 2018 06:06AM
The Midwest is a pretty big geographical region that includes more than just Missouri. Outlaws never made a dent in my part of the Midwest (Wisconsin) and I don't see why a new Roberts sanction would change anything in that regard. PPL is expanding west and into the southern areas of the region. Mr. Roberts will have his hands full trying to compete with them. Best of luck to him either way. I hope he makes it go and can turn the establishment on its ear a little. The only way the pullers will get better treatment is through competition between sanctions.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 17, 2018 09:16AM
I wish he would and he would be the only one that could pull that off. With him starting from scratch and making rules, running events it would probably be a different look than what we have seen before. I know it would be exciting and outside the box. Just what pulling needs.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 17, 2018 06:42PM
Probably just starting a Missouri State association to be part of NTPA.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 18, 2018 01:44AM
If Doug would start a association even if part of NTPA it would take over here in the Midwest in 5 years. I know if he makes the rules that have common sense so more people can get in the sport without having to sell the farm to get started. He the one that seen these problems coming with rules and how they affected the cost and breakage. His rules we discussed 2 years ago on the LLSS class is what it needed and would have had 20 tractors plus by the second year. Now look Outlaws went with the rest of the country on a class that is going backwards on participants and cost is out of hand. What did they have at the first LLSS class for Outlaws, 2 tractors and one broke and never made it to the track. The winning tractor at the first ever Outlaw LLSS class was 17 feet. Keep that in mind, I am sure the promoters are.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 18, 2018 02:21AM
I have no idea on the Doug deal, but did want to chime in and apologize for the poor showing of the LLSS class at Onawa. I had a fuel pump belt that popped off after the engine went lean and abruptly ended my run. We have changed several things around and are having to fight everything. NO ONE was more disappointed than I was I can promise you that. After working all week to try to get my second tractor running I just ran out of time, we have been fighting a machine shop screw up and will have the second tractor ready for Sac City. Steve's tractor broke a fuel supply pump coming off the trailer and he was unable to run. We also had another puller who finally got his tractor fired around noon on that Friday just to find out he had a fuel pump issue and 2 cylinders weren't firing. Yet another puller who planned to run the class also had a pull in his hometown that night and he chose to stay close to home. So I would expect to see 4 or 5 at the Sac City pull. I certainly hope the Outlaws and their promoters will give this class a few hooks to get going before judging, I can assure you I'm giving it everything I have to get my 2 out there and running.

Scott Walker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2018 03:20AM by Puller892.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 18, 2018 02:22AM
Would work
His rules we discussed 2 years ago on the LLSS class is what it needed and would have had 20 tractors plus by the second year. Now look Outlaws went with the rest of the country on a class that is going backwards on participants and cost is out of hand. What did they have at the first LLSS class for Outlaws, 2 tractors and one broke and never made it to the track. The winning tractor at the first ever Outlaw LLSS class was 17 feet. Keep that in mind, I am sure the promoters are.

So he would have had 20 plus tractors by the second year and you are dooming the class after one hook. Tell us more with your crystal ball. Since you know so much, I am sure that you know that 2 other tractors were hoping to be there but had technical difficulties the day of the pull. I am also sure that you know there are at least 4 others being built/brought up to date with safety equipment for 2019 and there is at least one more that stayed for his hometown pull that he helps put on. Now don't forget to drink your kool-aid so you can get back to bashing.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 18, 2018 03:20AM
Call it bashing or what ever you want. Blame Roberts or whatever, the fact of the matter is only one tractor hooked in that class. Heck there wasn’t but about 25 total in the 4 classes. So when Outlaws does a bad job and someone points it out on here it always gets labeled by the Outlaws as bashing. Sound like a bunch of Democrats! Live with the facts, not a good return to Onawa for Outlaws and not near what Outlaws brought to Onawa in the past.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 18, 2018 03:34AM
If they are whining, they sound like Democrats. If they say what happened is really fake and go around kissing people's ass, then they are a Trump supporter. Both sides are messed up, not just one side.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 18, 2018 03:38AM
Bashing
Call it bashing or what ever you want. Blame Roberts or whatever, the fact of the matter is only one tractor hooked in that class. Heck there wasn’t but about 25 total in the 4 classes. So when Outlaws does a bad job and someone points it out on here it always gets labeled by the Outlaws as bashing. Sound like a bunch of Democrats! Live with the facts, not a good return to Onawa for Outlaws and not near what Outlaws brought to Onawa in the past.

Nobody said anything about the rest of the classes or total turnout in Onawa but you. We (Puller892 and I) were simply talking about the LLSS class that was brought up specifically. It only stands to reason that if the person bringing up the LLSS class is going to give Doug's rules 2 years to grow that the current LLSS class should be given 2 years to grow as well. It is kind of hard to make a judgement on a class that has exactly 1 hook under its belt.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 18, 2018 04:19AM
So a guy or gal brings up the fact that only one in the class and only 25 total at the pull and apparently was not pleased with the pull and you Chris tell him or her to go back to drinking their kool aid and bashing. I think it was a good point and as far as I know was the facts. So now let’s criticize the fans for voicing their opinion, cause it couldn’t been Outlaws fault the pull sucked!

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 18, 2018 06:47AM
Really
So a guy or gal brings up the fact that only one in the class and only 25 total at the pull and apparently was not pleased with the pull and you Chris tell him or her to go back to drinking their kool aid and bashing. I think it was a good point and as far as I know was the facts. So now let’s criticize the fans for voicing their opinion, cause it couldn’t been Outlaws fault the pull sucked!

First, I sign my name to my posts, so you can tell really easy which are mine. Go back and re-read both of them. I have not spoken about the Outlaws as a whole, that pull as a whole, or any other classes. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about those subjects. What I spoke on was the LLSS class specifically and how the poster was being very one sided in their views. Did we (the LLSS class) hope to have more iron right out of the gate, sure. But life happens. Sorry that you felt the way you did about the pull but I will not apologize for putting my family and my career before getting my pulling tractor finished.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 18, 2018 07:32AM
Must be more than one Chris Vanatta, because one said, quote, “Now don’t forget to drink your kool-aid so you can get back to bashing. When is bashing stating the facts. Was there not just one in the class, 20 something in the whole pull. You just quoted everyone has their opinion but on the LLSS class the poster was being very one sided on their view. Heck that’s the same view everyone had, one tractor and 20 something total. What does any of this has to do with you putting your family and career first as no one mentioned you.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 18, 2018 08:42AM
Ever since the national rules has come out , there has been nothing but complaints about the LLSS classes. Give these guys a break that just started this class. Seems like 10 years ago everyone thought the rules that where in place where fine. But now there no good ? What's hurting this class is the darn turbo rule on the deisel 470's because they can't keep up. Right now Badger State is making work between both fuels. There has been an alky in the top 4 every pull . Now that's 2 Alkys against 8 deisels on the same size turbo.

David Runkle class rep for Badger State LLSS class. 815-821-4686

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 18, 2018 12:04PM
Earl, you forgot to mention the weight, 6000lbs is plenty an most everyone knows it.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 18, 2018 12:29PM
So less weight=more tractors? And less complaints?

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 18, 2018 12:56PM
Yep-- 5500 or at most 5700, then it would be fun, half to set them up an drive them, it would be way more competitive and exciting, not necessarily most horsepower wins.Just looking back at how it was when 18 to 30 tractors showed up an everyone had a chance.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 19, 2018 05:41AM
back when everyone had a chance,come on people,everyone always has a chance,some just not so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! human nature to survive,win conquer and control will always win over the weaker,those of us with less money,ability and on and on,some prioritize and commit more,some strive to be their best,others not so much.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 19, 2018 08:54AM
Yep,exactly, at 55 or 57 hundred pounds, everyone would have to strive to be on their game.

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 20, 2018 01:59PM
"everyone would have to strive to be on their game." Umm, is that not the objective of any pulling class and at any weight? And also in life?

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 20, 2018 11:01PM
I don't care what weight your pulling at or what advantage you think it has. You still have to update you tractor to complete = more hp. So the old way of doing things is in the past doesn't work anymore. Believe me , I have been there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2018 12:02AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: New pulling association in the mid west July 21, 2018 12:18AM
Theres a reason that there use to be more tractors in the class on any giving night. Alot of whats wrong with the world today is we're getting to far away from the days past. Im not against innovation at all, there classes for that. As the old saying goes, you don't know what you had till its gone, cause there use to be alot more competitors when it the weight was lighter, "just sayn- there was", im not trying to start anything, but there was period.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,637, Posts: 229,703, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520