Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 26, 2018 12:15AM
Well I am disappointed in Outlaws! I have never seen an association go backwards so quick in my lifetime. Britt, IA just had 26 total hooks last night with 5 classes. Heck the biggest class was super farms with 7 tractors and two classes only had 3 tractors in each of them. Before you say a word about it being a Wednesday in the middle of the week, its been that way for 3 years now and all classes have multiple hooks tonight and tomorrow in Iowa on a sweep. In 2016 there was over 40 hooks with just 4 classes and 38 with 5 classes last year. At this pace Outlaws will be lucky to book 20 events next year and you cant blame the promoters for changing associations as Outlaws suck right now. Bash all you want but these are facts and there are a bunch of disappointed fans.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 26, 2018 01:04AM
I have noticed the same thing the numbers are terrible. Come over to Council Bluffs and Wayne, NE and you will see lots of iron with Nebraska Bush and PPL Western Series. Outlaws just making bad choices on rules and class scheduling at events. Britt had 4 tractor classes and one truck class. You would think they could put the mods in and take out the DSS class. Again that's the CEO and COO'S class so lets have that class with 3 tractors in it and screw the fans. Probably be down to just one tractor by the end of the sweep. And what's with the crazy points system where some DSS havn't hooked or hooked just 2 or 3 times and still in the points race with tractors that have went to all of them. Crazy, who thinks this stuff up!

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 26, 2018 10:09AM
True, there are classes that have higher numbers but here in Nebraska the opportunity to see a DSS in action is limited. I think getting to see four DSS go down the track is the equivalent of seeing double or triple the numbers of a different class that you get to see every week. And with some luck, maybe that DSS class will gain in numbers. It's my favorite class in pulling today. I wouldn't be afraid to book the class if I was a promoter as long as I had a couple other classes with it that could provide more numbers.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 26, 2018 01:37AM
Again when a fan makes comments about an Outlaw event that only had 20 some hooks in 5 classes it’s labeled as bashing. It’s the facts and some associations may also be down on numbers but some associations are up on numbers here in the Midwest this year. A lot of the new pullers they have gained came from Outlaws. I heard from a reliable source that Wisner next year is giving Outlaws one track and Nebraska Bush and PPL the other track. That will be a good change and make for a great event. It will be interesting to see who brings the most iron. Going to be great for the fans to see some different iron.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 26, 2018 01:43AM
You can use the economy logic if the guys that use to pull Outlaws quit, but they haven't there are plenty of familiar names in the Nebraska Bush and PPL Western series results and point standings. It's just facts, not bashing. I have plenty of friends that pull Outlaws but the numbers just aren't there!

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 26, 2018 03:31AM
It's nice and easy to cherry pick an event and start the bashing, but I think sometimes not enough pressure gets put on the promoters. I know this will upset some, but just last weekend we had over 50 hooks in only 5 classes at a one off Outlaw show in Sweet Springs. No sweep, no 2nd hook, and half our show was pullers from hundreds of miles away. I understand fans want a good show, and they have just come to expect that booking the Outlaws will just lead to big numbers, but sometimes promoters of the show have to get on the phone and talk to pullers themselves. Also provide a great atmosphere that makes pullers want to come back. We feed our pullers a meal, we ask them all every year what we can do to improve, and we always thank them for coming. Every single one of them. And in return, they always show up and put on a great show. Outlaws have responsibility for sure, but it's also on the promoters to take the reigns of their own show regardless of what organization they choose to have at their event

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 26, 2018 03:44AM
Not sure if Sweet Springs is during the fair or if there is a fair. A big difference between stand alone events and fairs. Fairs are always short handed with volunteers and lots of times can’t feed pullers and make phone calls. They should have to either as the expect a turnout when they sign up with somebody to put on a pull. So in the case of Britt, IA are they not doing what they were before and that is why they lost about half the vehicles.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 26, 2018 04:14AM
I think the big difference is Sweet Springs is more in the middle of Outlaw country for the classes they had. Out of the 50 pullers that came, 30 was from Missouri and then add in the fact that it was on a Saturday. Maybe Outlaws will have to quit having pulls during the week as apparently not getting the turnout anymore. Maybe do a better job on which classes they offer where.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 26, 2018 04:23AM
So when Outlaws don't get good numbers, it's their fault. But when they get good numbers, it's because of location and a Saturday only show? And a show with 40 percent. 40! Of its pullers are out of state, that's right in the heart of outlaw country? With these standards, Outlaws will never be able to make anyone happy.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 26, 2018 04:41AM
Typically Outlaw lover that can’t see the forest for the trees. Yes any association will draw better when they pick classes that the pullers in those classes live close too and make it a Saturday instead of a Wednesday. Look at your own website. Sweet Springs, MO had about 50 hooks and 30 were from Missouri. When you pick classes like P4x4, LSS, LPS and PS there are a lot of Missouri pullers in those classes. Just saying. Scheduling makes a difference, no matter what association it is. Outlaws used to have good numbers and could have a good turnout no matter where they went, not the case anymore and need to do a better job of picking pulls and classes.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 26, 2018 04:47AM
We've been pulling with Outlaws for about 6 years now. Sure we like it, we like the organization and the people. But we've been pulling for 60 years as a family and have ran with almost every organization you can think of over the years. But when I judge pulling, I try to be objective and I always use my registered account unlike most of you. We live in Sweet Springs, the name is Dohrman and the tractors are Orange. Try having the balls to use your own name or come find me in person before you start saying anything about us on pulloff.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 29, 2018 05:52AM
Gotta look at other ppl,s views, they see all these big rigs pulling in pulls with FARMS all on the door and trucks machines etc,, fancy trucks tractors and stuff,, then Trump is giving them 12 billion for a handout,, the view on all this farms, pulling and big fancy trucks is bad on common ppl,,,the thought of them is they don't care about the waste of money by the handout guys just grinning to get that check building that tractor,,

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 29, 2018 06:04AM
And Doug what do you do for a living.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 29, 2018 10:25AM
To Jacking It
Only because you are a dumb azz am I writing this but before you wrote your post did you bother to check out how many of those $$$ are going to well fair and hud approved housing? I thought not because people like you are probably the ones on well fair complaining about something you aren't smart enough to build !Please call me at 872-386-2777 and my name is Bob Klausen

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 26, 2018 03:32AM
What rules got changed to try to draw other tractors?

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 26, 2018 05:52AM
Questions
What rules got changed to try to draw other tractors?
Well in the super farm class guys can pull their Hart's charger if they just switch out fuel and water to the VP fuel and VP water to match outlaws!

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 26, 2018 04:39AM
This is for Thomas H

As for the Super Farm class:

There was 10 last year

This year there was 7

1 is broke bad
Turbo Up's driver got 20 plus stiches yesterday
A Gray Area's driver had to work

AND that is all I have been doing this summer. (work) I had a customer's line go down and we are running there product to keep them going

You want to bash a good group of people.....put your name and phone.....I'll call you and we can find how big you really are

I'm done now.....Bash away.....dare ya to put your phone Number

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 27, 2018 11:08AM
Tugger,

I really enjoyed pulling last evening in Dubuque IA with the outlaws. Can't say enough about the good people I met with at this event. I also noted a good sized crowd in the stands.

I wish NTPA, PPL, and others could align with Outlaws common sense rules on the Super Farm class with the fuel/water/turbo rules. I think it would open up for more tractors to compete. And I appreciate that the Outlaw club that will do random checks to keep those who would like to try and cheat at bay.

Let's talk about ways to uplift each other and improve this sport.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Curt Jensen
Greeley, IA

John 3:16
Proverbs 14:3

PS....Thanks for letting me use your battery pack!

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 26, 2018 03:43PM
You know, it just doesn't seem like that long ago, Outlaws could do no wrong. Doug would get on here and write about how great things were and how many new things and places they were going. Life was great! Now in less then one full season without Doug, this same group in so many eyes can do nothing right. Their losing events, losing track space and pullers are all going elsewhere. So we want to evaluate an organization by number of hooks? Why? Outlaws have had hooks through out their existence in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Iowa, and Nebraska that haven't drawn good numbers and yet in 2018 they have yet again the same thing going on and now the organization is falling apart. Sound the alarm, create chaos, get the word out this thing is going down. I can remember being at an Outlaw event in Kansas that I think only had 15 hooks. Bennet couldn't make up enough to talk about. We couldn't pack the track enough. I think we got the show to an hour and half and were headed home before the sun went down that night. That was probably ten or more years ago now and maybe more. The Outlaws made it through that then and they will make it through now. I agree scheduling can help with numbers, but there is far more then a good schedule that can help your numbers. Lots of behind the scene things can take place to help with numbers, more then most know. Promoters got help out as well its not just all about the organization that night. Pullers need to help out by being a good cheerleader of their classes and organization with other friends in the pulling world for support. There are lots of factors that contribute to numbers at an event. You can point at a wide variety of items regarding the shortfalls in Outlaws or pulling in general when ever you want. It happens to all organizations no matter how good or big they are. At some point your going to get those events that just don't draw. What makes pulling truly a cool sport to follow is the people. I have met a ton of great people across all pulling. Outlaws have a ton of great people and pullers that have supported this organization through the good and the bad over the last twenty plus years. If you doubt them now, then why didn't you doubt them five and ten years ago? Oh, because Doug was running the show and numbers were at an all time hight and they were on TV and from the outside world of pulling had everything going perfect Right? Well, now you seeing the reprocussions of all that glitter and glamour. It all came at an extreme cost. You all don't realize how much time and how much investment several pullers of Outlaws have gone to extreme measures to keep this organization going. Why? Because of the history, the people, the events the promoters, the fans, and all the key board kings of pulling. They have a bad event and they get ripped every time. I saw lots of videos and pictures from Whitewright, TX earlier this summer and that was an awesome show. The crowd was amazing and the turnout was tremendous. Didn't see any post on Pullouff.com ripping them about that event? Lets compare your tractor to an organization? How many of you build a tractor that runs perfect right out the gate? How many hours do you spend tweaking your vehicle so that it runs better at the next event? Don't you continue to keep adding to your motors and tweaking them until they are running top notch? Don't you think that an organization is doing the same stuff? No one wants to see Outlaws fail! It wouldn't be good for the sport. PPL has some things going good, they have a good model right now, that is no doubt, but that is all from the outside looking in. Internally like a motor in your tractor or truck you don't always know what is going on inside. Over the last couple of years Outlaws had some engine mechanical failure. They are rebuilding it, and tweaking it, that I am sure of. They have had some really good events this year and some not so good events from a numbers stand point. Thats pulling and that has been going on for a long time and isn't changing anytime soon. To keep constantly comparing PPL and Outlaws has been a little ridiculous for a while now. They are run completely different and have different issues. Rules are different and the way each operates is different. So, basically there not the same. They pull tractors and trucks, but so does NTPA and no one compares them to Outlaws. Again, if you ever want a history lesson on Outlaws check out the Old Outlaws Facebook group. One thing you will notice is how many guys have been with Outlaws for a very long time! That is pretty darn unique in all sports. They will get better, maybe not as fast as some would like and diffidently not by tomorrow night. If you want to discus call me or talk to me at Wayne tomorrow night. Keep supporting all of pulling. Lots of people need our support now. Crops are drying up, cost are rising and yet profits are shrinking. Support the sport and the guys that have put on the shows for so many years. Stop being so critical of the small things! Appreciate what this club has gone through and will in a short time get back to.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 26, 2018 11:07PM
Very well said !!!!

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 30, 2018 05:56AM
Kurt Schanou
You know, it just doesn't seem like that long ago, Outlaws could do no wrong. Doug would get on here and write about how great things were and how many new things and places they were going. Life was great! Now in less then one full season without Doug, this same group in so many eyes can do nothing right. Their losing events, losing track space and pullers are all going elsewhere. So we want to evaluate an organization by number of hooks? Why? Outlaws have had hooks through out their existence in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Iowa, and Nebraska that haven't drawn good numbers and yet in 2018 they have yet again the same thing going on and now the organization is falling apart. Sound the alarm, create chaos, get the word out this thing is going down. I can remember being at an Outlaw event in Kansas that I think only had 15 hooks. Bennet couldn't make up enough to talk about. We couldn't pack the track enough. I think we got the show to an hour and half and were headed home before the sun went down that night. That was probably ten or more years ago now and maybe more. The Outlaws made it through that then and they will make it through now. I agree scheduling can help with numbers, but there is far more then a good schedule that can help your numbers. Lots of behind the scene things can take place to help with numbers, more then most know. Promoters got help out as well its not just all about the organization that night. Pullers need to help out by being a good cheerleader of their classes and organization with other friends in the pulling world for support. There are lots of factors that contribute to numbers at an event. You can point at a wide variety of items regarding the shortfalls in Outlaws or pulling in general when ever you want. It happens to all organizations no matter how good or big they are. At some point your going to get those events that just don't draw. What makes pulling truly a cool sport to follow is the people. I have met a ton of great people across all pulling. Outlaws have a ton of great people and pullers that have supported this organization through the good and the bad over the last twenty plus years. If you doubt them now, then why didn't you doubt them five and ten years ago? Oh, because Doug was running the show and numbers were at an all time hight and they were on TV and from the outside world of pulling had everything going perfect Right? Well, now you seeing the reprocussions of all that glitter and glamour. It all came at an extreme cost. You all don't realize how much time and how much investment several pullers of Outlaws have gone to extreme measures to keep this organization going. Why? Because of the history, the people, the events the promoters, the fans, and all the key board kings of pulling. They have a bad event and they get ripped every time. I saw lots of videos and pictures from Whitewright, TX earlier this summer and that was an awesome show. The crowd was amazing and the turnout was tremendous. Didn't see any post on Pullouff.com ripping them about that event? Lets compare your tractor to an organization? How many of you build a tractor that runs perfect right out the gate? How many hours do you spend tweaking your vehicle so that it runs better at the next event? Don't you continue to keep adding to your motors and tweaking them until they are running top notch? Don't you think that an organization is doing the same stuff? No one wants to see Outlaws fail! It wouldn't be good for the sport. PPL has some things going good, they have a good model right now, that is no doubt, but that is all from the outside looking in. Internally like a motor in your tractor or truck you don't always know what is going on inside. Over the last couple of years Outlaws had some engine mechanical failure. They are rebuilding it, and tweaking it, that I am sure of. They have had some really good events this year and some not so good events from a numbers stand point. Thats pulling and that has been going on for a long time and isn't changing anytime soon. To keep constantly comparing PPL and Outlaws has been a little ridiculous for a while now. They are run completely different and have different issues. Rules are different and the way each operates is different. So, basically there not the same. They pull tractors and trucks, but so does NTPA and no one compares them to Outlaws. Again, if you ever want a history lesson on Outlaws check out the Old Outlaws Facebook group. One thing you will notice is how many guys have been with Outlaws for a very long time! That is pretty darn unique in all sports. They will get better, maybe not as fast as some would like and diffidently not by tomorrow night. If you want to discus call me or talk to me at Wayne tomorrow night. Keep supporting all of pulling. Lots of people need our support now. Crops are drying up, cost are rising and yet profits are shrinking. Support the sport and the guys that have put on the shows for so many years. Stop being so critical of the small things! Appreciate what this club has gone through and will in a short time get back to.

The pull you are talking about in Kansas was probably a 3 class pull at Ft Scott with 15 or 17 hooks..They also had a few local tractors and pickups...Just recently I see that a Region 3 NTPA pull in Minnesota only had 17 hooks in 3 classes..It can happen to any organization.....I'll be at the Mound City,KS Outlaw pull on Aug 5th and the Sedalia,MO pull on Aug 13th..I'm sure that I'll get my moneys worth as I also do with PPL and NTPA....I sure miss the joint Outlaw-NTPA pull that used to be at Jeff City,MO..It didn't get any better than that..

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 30, 2018 07:05AM
Your right it could happen to any club and there not the only ones with low numbers and it all depends on if there is another pull going on because that just makes it worse if there only a couple and the crowd wants to see the most tractors and trucks they can

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 28, 2018 05:45AM
With the Sweet Springs event there was no fair, just a Brush Pullers of MO antique/farm pull. I must say with being on the BPM side, outlaws put on one hell of a show and everything was ran greatly.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs July 31, 2018 11:55AM
Over the years I have seen lots of different pulling groups put on pulls and some come and some go. Outlaws by far has had the best pulls for at least the last decade or more. A lot of us had not heard of Outlaws until Roberts got in charge. No doubt he did things different and had lots of good ideas that other groups are using today. You can sure tell the tide is turning now and yes some groups are down on numbers but PPL Western Series is the ones to watch now. They seem to be gaining in numbers and a lot of them are ex Outlaw pullers, but they are also drawing new pullers. That is what Outlaws use to do so good, bring lots of new iron to their pulls. I think these bad numbers are going to hurt Outlaws just like it hurt other groups over the years. It is just a snow ball effect and good numbers make a lot of things good for the promoters and fans. Bad numbers lead to less and less fans and then less and less promoters. Just my thoughts from watching pulling the last 25 years.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs August 01, 2018 02:30PM
Couldn’t agree more! This past weeks sweeps the PPL Western Series had twice the vehicles show up compared to Outlaws. Plus like the start of this thread, why did every class in Outlaws have less hooks this year except the DSS. The DSS have the lowest numbers and are the highest maintenance and Britt has 3, Dubuque 2, and Sac City 3 and a class jumper. Why not put the Mods in there as they haven’t hooked for weeks. PPL now has about 10 Mods showing up and putting on quite the pull and Outlaw Mods are a no show. Go figure that one out.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs August 01, 2018 11:49PM
You are right numbers don’t lie last weekend in sac city the outlaws had nine super farms the same night western series had six super farms in Wayne Nebraska one of their biggest shows ,light limited pros outlaws have 12 of them in sac city western series had 4 in Wayne Nebraska plus the outlaws had another show out in corydon Iowa the same night ,and last night in Worthington Minnesota the western series only had nine limited pros those are the facts , Plus they only had 15 4.1 tractors in Worthington and used to have 30 in that class so I guess if you have the facts their numbers are down also

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs August 02, 2018 12:44AM
I think some you are referring to is Nebraska Bush classes instead of PPL Western Series. Either way all events no matter what association will have off nights for different reasons. No doubt though Outlaws is going one direction and PPL Western the other direction. I will let you figure that out and unless you are listening to fake news you would know!

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs August 02, 2018 01:43AM
So it took 2 organizations to field the same number hooks that Outlaws had last Friday night? Asking for a friend.

2 tracks for both, outlaws just used two different zip codes.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs August 02, 2018 02:07AM
I've been following a lot of these threads and the only thing I can see is that Outlaw's are living "rent free" in a lot of these poster's heads. It's quite comical.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs August 02, 2018 06:41AM
Pretty evident why super Doug sold it, the ship he created had a lot of wholes in it and was catching up to him

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs August 02, 2018 08:20AM
The ship doesn’t have a captain anymore. Lots of bad decisions made the last couple of years.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs August 02, 2018 04:09AM
CNN Special Report- The Outlaw Truck & Tractor Pulling Association has had such an increase in numbers these past two years that promoters are running our of pit parking space. Some classes have been reported to have over 50 vehicles in each class. Yet Outlaws are so good at what they do they are able to hook a compete class of 50 in less than 30 minutes. Because of this promoters are scrambling to get them booked for next year and the bidding war has began. Offers to feed them, wash their rigs, double there purse, babysit their kids, free beer. The biggest problem with the promoters is because of this tremendous turnout we are running out of bleacher and other seating areas. Reports of over 100 events booked for Outlaws in 2019 has been confirmed by numerous sources, none that we can mention at this time. It’s great to see this American Icon leading the way in pulling after 10 years of stagnant growth! #MPGA Making Pulling Great Again!

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs August 02, 2018 04:24AM
We know what Trump would call this. FAKE NEWS! But on the bright side, just like the liberals, the Outlaw followers can now sleep good at night knowing everything is great in the pulling world and they are leading the way!

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs August 02, 2018 04:37AM
You know for the past few years there has been tons of posts on here about how pulling is dying and what the pulling community can do as a whole to fix it and I’ve got to tell you this sure as hell isnt a good way to encourage anyone to promote anything, if anyone has a problem with an organization maybe they should consider offering ideas to find a solution rather than running them down, all organizations have good people involved sometimes they just need to find their place, I’m not biased towards any organization and they could all be improved if people actually wanted to think about ways to help instead of just opening their mouths.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs August 02, 2018 06:46AM
8500 Limited Pros were in Humbolt, Iowa not in Wayne. Also there were originally 8 I believe we suppose to hook in Wayne but didn’t because of the rain. Also western series doesn’t have a Super Farm class.

Re: Outlaws has gone to the dogs August 02, 2018 06:56AM
Thanks for straighting our that FAKE NEWS!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,768, Posts: 229,935, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,026.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009