combine superstock classes August 23, 2018 02:21AM
I think the heavy weight diesel and alcohol classes could be combined. First lower the weight to 7500 pounds straight across the board, second lower the cubic inches in both. make the diesels 540 with 3 or 4 chargers. alcohol class 505 with 3 chargers. I like the old way where guys would put more weight on and jump up in the bigger class. Fans miss the diesels and alcohols fighting it out. Anymore the only way we can see this is on the state level. There is diesel supers that can run with Chizeks tractors. I would make the overhead cam an option. The overhead cam doesn't make anymore power, just less maintenance. I think the classes would grow. With the smaller cubic inches the V8 thing wouldn't matter.

Re: combine superstock classes August 23, 2018 02:30AM
You mean like the Light Super Stock class?

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: combine superstock classes August 23, 2018 02:35AM
Yes. What's wrong if you owned a light super and you wanted to jump up to the 7500 pound class and run. I want to expand the sport. There is no reason to have 650 cubic inch limit in the heavy class.

Re: combine superstock classes August 23, 2018 03:20AM
Nathan Binder
Yes. What's wrong if you owned a light super and you wanted to jump up to the 7500 pound class and run. I want to expand the sport. There is no reason to have 650 cubic inch limit in the heavy class.
What would be wrong with making the light supers 8000 an making them combine with the heavy supers?

Re: combine superstock classes August 23, 2018 06:06AM
Just load the sled off the line don't make a drag race and dss and open ss would be close Mike beck hooked a open ss class 3 years ago and one but the sled was heavy from the start

Re: combine superstock classes August 23, 2018 02:42AM
It would make for a neat class , but honestly they way they have some of the GN SSD tractors running lately I don’t think the alcohol tractors would keep up.

Re: combine superstock classes August 23, 2018 02:54AM
I agree the diesel class is running hard. That's why the weight should be the same. I would like to see a Chizek Light Super Stock tractor at 7500 pounds and Ross at 7500 pounds run heads up against each other

Re: combine superstock classes August 23, 2018 03:10AM
It would end up being like the LLSS class. Yearly rules changes and constant bitching. The LSS class has good numbers now, why ruin it just because the diesel class is dying?

Re: combine superstock classes August 23, 2018 03:37AM
Here is back to back diesel at 6700 lbs vs alcohol at 6500 lbs was a real close result I think it would be cool to see More of this
[youtu.be]
Starts at 32:00 mark

Re: combine superstock classes August 28, 2018 03:09PM
Chizek's Light Supers Have Two Bar Cages and They would have to be changed or retro fitted with three bar cages in order to be able to run at 7500lb But I would like to see the light super stocks and diesel super stock battle it out

Re: combine superstock classes August 28, 2018 03:00AM
How about combine all three classes. And run 14-18 hooks, not 8 like the NTPA GN LSS did.

Diesel - 7000 lbs
540 cubes - maximum of 4 turbos
640 cubes - maximum of 3 turbos

Alcohol Pushrod - 6600 lbs
505 cubes - maximum of 4 turbos
V8's allowed - Only out of two wheel drive tractors

Alcohol OHC - 6200 lbs
505 cubes - maximum of 3 turbos
NO V8's allowed

Maybe even letting the Alcohol's go to 640 cubes with one or two turbo limit would be neat.

Re: combine superstock classes August 28, 2018 03:40AM
Why is everyone stuck on these big cube moters 680+650 cubic inches =cubic dollars the cylinder head is wear the power is. cubic inch limitations and fuel restrictions is what needs to be discussed not bigger. These dinosaur rules where maid for don Barry's Massey and John Deere prostock when they couldn't beat the hyper tractors remember prostock was originally 620 maybe its time to embrace some new technologies and more economical set ups (smaller)cubes

Re: combine superstock classes August 28, 2018 04:13AM
I agree with Fuzz. They should have never got over 540 cubic inch in any class.bigger cubes means bigger turbo's for more air. which all adds up to more and more money. which leaves the average puller/fan out of the picture.

Re: combine superstock classes August 28, 2018 04:36AM
Which NTPA class is in more trouble,...DSS / SSO / LSS ?

LSS had 4 events and 8 hooks 2018

SSO had 6 events and 9 hooks 2018

DSS had 10 events and 19 hooks 2018.

The 2 alkys classes combined don't equal what the DSS had to accomplish in 2018.

DSS had 7 tractors attempt to make all hooks

SSO had 2-4 depending on how much latitude you give them

LSS had 9 tractors attempting to make all hooks.

I'd say SSO in done, and quit hooking DSS so many times also.. Push the LSS to a real full schedule if those in the class want it. IMO

Re: combine superstock classes August 28, 2018 09:14AM
So u run the diesel on kill every single run. It's going to break at some point n time. Also there was a certain GN puller who had health issues over this summer. Yes I believe there should be limits on these tractors so they can live a whole summer. Limits n lighten the sled up a bit and you could have just as good a show.

Re: combine superstock classes August 28, 2018 11:59AM
Lucas Oil East Coast series runs diesel supers, alky supers, and pro stocks together. Its a great class with a good mix of winners.

Re: combine superstock classes August 28, 2018 02:05PM
Motorwood
Lucas Oil East Coast series runs diesel supers, alky supers, and pro stocks together. Its a great class with a good mix of winners.
Why have three classes if they are all going to run together?
Why not go ahead and run the Mods with them also?
I think it would be cool to see the super farms run with the Mods!

Re: combine superstock classes August 28, 2018 03:02PM
LEWIS
why not have a 540 cube limit 4 turbo limit 7000 pounds any fuel same rules across the board you build wichever you think you can win with HEADS UP instead of all the handicap bullshit All this different rules for different combinations is becoming a HUGE Joke The problem will pulling is most Are Chicken @#$%& to run Apples to Apples againt there competitiors I just buit a 425 horse stroke motor for my 86 short bed pickup WOW IT WAS SO HARD JUST ORDERING THE @#$%& man I REALY DONE something calling up summit Thats the problem with pulling Today Todays best is not the best just the Richest

Man, where is the like or thumbs up button for your post?

Re: combine superstock classes August 29, 2018 12:14AM
LEWIS
why not have a 540 cube limit 4 turbo limit 7000 pounds any fuel same rules across the board you build wichever you think you can win with HEADS UP instead of all the handicap bullshit All this different rules for different combinations is becoming a HUGE Joke The problem will pulling is most Are Chicken @#$%& to run Apples to Apples againt there competitiors I just buit a 425 horse stroke motor for my 86 short bed pickup WOW IT WAS SO HARD JUST ORDERING THE @#$%& man I REALY DONE something calling up summit Thats the problem with pulling Today Todays best is not the best just the Richest
that would make way too much sense!

Re: combine superstock classes August 29, 2018 06:10AM
I think I really like the Idea of a SS diesel Combine class.

Re: combine superstock classes August 29, 2018 10:23AM
Instead of making them spend money to change cubes or turbos, what about different hitch heights for alky vs diesel? 18” for alky, 20 inch for diesel or something like that.

Re: Fly in the ointment August 29, 2018 06:50AM
I like the idea of a combined class, even starting a thread similar to this after Burge's run at BG 2 years ago. I really wish Mike Beck didn't have problems during his hook at Wellington last Friday. A complete pass against the rest of the NTPA Open Supers would have been a good test.

However, there is one issue: Can you guarantee the diesel guys currently in the class would be willing to hook against their smokeless brethren? If the classes were combined with a smaller cube limit and most of the diesels say no, the light supers want to continue at a lighter weight, and the current Open Supers, having already spent time and treasure on their current setup decide no, then what are you left with?

I think the top DSS would run closer to the top alkies than many want to admit, and if they could be combined it would be great for the fans, but equally important is the pullers would have to buy in. That's a critical factor, perhaps the overriding factor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2018 06:53AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Fly in the ointment August 29, 2018 08:25AM
I would like to see this as well. But what happens when one or the other dominates. Just like are LLSS class someone complaints the it's not fair for my tractor instead of looking at it as class and putting a good show for the fans. Trust me it happens

David Runkle class rep for Badger State LLSS class. 815-821-4686

Re: Fly in the ointment August 29, 2018 08:27AM
The dss is much closer to Lss based on rules and power. If your going to put anything together it would be those two not dss and ulss. If you think dss can run with ulss then the Lss should have no problem as they have potential to make more power than a dss anyways because of fuel.

Re: combine superstock classes August 29, 2018 09:58AM
All classes have a set of rules to abide by. Some choose to go to the max amount of limits that are allowed; charger limit and or size, cube limit, fuel limitation, etc. So why should those that did their homework and followed everything in the rulebook, be knocked down because those others didn't take advantage of everything that was possible? It's part of the reason there are so many classes now, someone doesn't build as big of a motor then complains that they got beat so they want a new class tailered to them.

Re: combine superstock classes August 29, 2018 02:35PM
I can tell you why and im Stupid they are pricing themselves out of the game go to a farm auction to buy a farm who ever has the most cash or the best credit wins the Bid people are getting tired of the money game its stupid with todays sleds lots of money can be saved in every class to build and draw more pullers and put on the same shows.A LLSS PULLS 330 FT 26 mph A light ss 3 turbos pulls 330 ft same speed .What the hell theres 20 LLSS and 4 SS wich one does the crowd go for Stupid,I had a 140 hp M farmal years ago there was no class for me at my home town pull because it was a NTPA event so i done a exhibition with it me and the sled man got together set the sled and i ran 4th gear 5000 rpms with 13.6 38s made the SS look Stupid the rest of the night because the average fan didnt no the difference and the old hometown M still gets talked about todayand it was a piece of crap

Re: combine superstock classes August 29, 2018 03:13PM
LEWIS
A LLSS PULLS 330 FT 26 mph A light ss 3 turbos pulls 330 ft same speed .

In that example, is there a weight difference between the 2?

Re: combine superstock classes August 29, 2018 03:19PM
Yes the SS weigh more and have a thousand more HP its all in the sled

Re: combine superstock classes August 29, 2018 03:35PM
LEWIS
Yes the SS weigh more and have a thousand more HP its all in the sled

Which is the sad part about pulling now days, we are no longer there to pull, it all just a antique tractor show.
What ever happened to trying to pull the most weight the farthest distance?
What you are saying is there is no need for a SSD class, we could just run the farm stock tractors a second time and tell the fans they are SSD.
Then run them again and tell the fans they are Pro Stocks this time.
I will say you are right, SSD is on its way out, all the classes are because we are no longer having a tractor pull, we are just there to run shiny tractors down the track so the promoter can sell beer!

Re: combine superstock classes August 30, 2018 01:01AM
How has nytpa doing they are testing stuff out every year

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,724, Posts: 229,854, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,979.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro