Chizek drivers September 01, 2018 02:05PM
Wheres was Brian korth to night in Springfield tn. Chizek was drivin all the tractors.

Re: Chizek drivers September 01, 2018 02:32PM
Hopefully Mike did a good job driving unlike his PS days. I think about next year, his son Cody might be 16.

Re: Chizek drivers September 01, 2018 02:45PM
Not to good best pull with all three tractor was 175 foot

korth out September 01, 2018 12:53PM
I heard korth is no longer driving for chizek

Re: korth out September 01, 2018 01:34PM
Not in position to confirm or deny, but have heard the same.

Update. True. He is out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2018 03:01PM by cpr.

Re: korth out September 02, 2018 05:38AM
Well that will work out about as well as Mike Conny thinking he doesn't need Shipleys

Re: korth out September 02, 2018 03:41PM
Burnt his bridge with the Shipley’s. Ain’t looking too hot now.

Re: korth out September 01, 2018 02:27PM
Wasn't drving in Springfield tn tonight.

Re: korth out September 01, 2018 02:41PM
Haven’t heard, but I know he wasn’t happy about what he was getting paid to showcase 3 tractors on a weekly basis.

Re: korth out September 01, 2018 02:39PM
Why would any one care?

Re: Chizek drivers September 01, 2018 04:27PM
Facebook post an hour ago by Brians wife:

Renee Thiem-Korth- The Chizek/Korth team is done. Brian pulled for 11 years for nothing. Last year he asked for payment. This year Mike told him all he was worried about it the money not the sport. Mike told Brian not to worry about coming back. And yes he was taking next year off so we can build. There were other issues as well but Brian's ability was not one of them. I hope this will end all rumors and speculation

Re: Chizek drivers September 01, 2018 11:36PM
Remember a couple weeks or so ago when people were debating whether a tractor does good if it's the driver or tractor itself? Well...

Re: Chizek drivers September 02, 2018 12:28AM
It aint always the horse, the jockey has alot to do with it !!!!

Re: Chizek drivers September 02, 2018 12:39AM
If that horse needs a rider, Where do I send my resume?

Re: Chizek drivers September 02, 2018 12:42AM
What do you mean no money. Is she saying he did that for 11 years for NO money....thats crazy...

Re: Chizek drivers September 02, 2018 12:47AM
I see Mike finished in the bottom 3 , should have called in sick. Where's Terry.

Re: Chizek drivers September 02, 2018 01:54AM
Josh's wedding.

Re: Chizek drivers September 02, 2018 02:41AM
For many years brian drove those tractors for zero pay.
It was chizek who fired brian

Re: Chizek drivers September 02, 2018 01:57AM
Looks like he was looking to make a point. Backed out on a weekend when Josh and Terry couldn’t fill in to make sure Mike didn’t win the championship.

Re: Chizek drivers September 02, 2018 02:55AM
Some people forget who got them where they are or just don't care, i guarantee his truck drivers probably aren't thanked or compensated near enough,but im sure their are plenty of guys or gals that would jump all over the chance to jump in the seat of one of those tractors and probably for nothing " which is crazy ", but people do it, happens far to offen, but sometimes people don't know what they have till its gone, look at results from Springfield, -- lesson learned the hard way, hahaha !!!!

Re: Chizek drivers September 02, 2018 04:24AM
This might be the best for Mike, Brian and the class. Mike is a great owner, Brian is an outstanding driver and the LSS class is one of the best classess. Brian's son should be left out of this. He is a very nice young man. He is learning from one of the best-Terry Blackbourn. Be carefull what you wish for.

Re: Chizek drivers September 02, 2018 04:47AM
Please let me correct something.... monetary compensation was never given to Brian for the 1st 11 yrs of pulling. Mike did however fix his semi & give him some tires and other things along the way. He paid for lodging and did give gas cards a few times as well. Brian asked for compensation when they started pulling two circuits and was gone for 50 plus days a summer. He is a business owner and time away meant no money coming in. Mike and Brian had a working team like no other. The end of this team is sad for everyone involved. In no way is anyone trying to bash anyone, just trying to put rumors to bed.

Re: Chizek drivers September 02, 2018 05:28AM
I can understand this from the sides of both parties involved. But like they say - all good things must come to an end. I hope to see Brian back on the track in the future, maybe state and region 3 pulls? As for Mike and his tractors, good luck finding another driver as dedicated as Brian is.

Re: Chizek drivers September 02, 2018 05:41AM
Like I said awhile back, Brian is an excellent driver! It is unfortunate that the team has split but to me that is all personal issues that have nothing to do with me. Best of luck to both parties involved and I hope to see them in the future

Re: Chizek drivers September 02, 2018 06:19AM
Anyone got any videos of Springfield LSS? What did the Chizek tractors do, just not run well?

Re: Chizek drivers September 02, 2018 06:49AM
Mike had trouble getting them lit off the starting line. Last tractor he hooked he lit it looked like it was on a run but was hard on wheelie bars quick and he got out of it

Re: Chizek drivers September 02, 2018 06:45AM
To Renee, you said in previous post that you all were building, are you talking a house or a tractor, just curious, thank you

Re: Chizek drivers September 02, 2018 08:16AM
Facebook post said they were building a house

Reality show time! September 03, 2018 12:56AM
How about a reality show on MAVtv to find a new driver. Call it the Team Chizek Pulloff. 10 Drivers compete for a spot on the team based on their driving and mechanical ability; track reading skills and ability to give a coherent interview in the winners circle. The question is, who would you pick for the three judges?

I want to be the contestant who comes out of nowhere and wows the judges with his mad skills.

Re: Reality show time! September 03, 2018 01:48AM
I vote for Lewis,he can work on anything, very innovative,with that kind of money backing him, look out !!!!!

Re: Reality show time! September 03, 2018 02:18AM
Yes, sign me up. Maybe I should build them also

Re: Reality show time! September 03, 2018 02:21AM
What you working on now ?

Re: Reality show time! September 03, 2018 02:45AM
I'm just finished the bok war and piece

Re: Reality show time! September 03, 2018 03:08AM
Hard no, Tom McConnell.
Hard
NO

lol

Re: Reality show time! September 03, 2018 03:20AM
^ Lol is that a letter Kenny reference?

Re: Reality show time! September 03, 2018 04:16AM
IF anyone noticed the Lewis post above they have corect spelling question marks and pioriods in place that wasnt me but kool

Re: Reality show time! September 03, 2018 04:47AM
LEWIS
IF anyone noticed the Lewis post above they have corect spelling question marks and pioriods in place that wasnt me but kool

How do you know they have correct spelling and question marks and pioriods in place?
Now I am trying to envision what a "Pioriod" looks like.

Re: Reality show time! September 03, 2018 02:57PM
Paying someone to play with their investment is crazy. I'm sure both will land on their feet but this isn't nascar or drag racing. It appeared that things weren't going to last forever at BG. Both looked sick of each other.

Re: Reality show time! September 03, 2018 03:30PM
Sad
Paying someone to play with their investment is crazy. I'm sure both will land on their feet but this isn't nascar or drag racing. It appeared that things weren't going to last forever at BG. Both looked sick of each other.

Agreed. I am just a state puller and I have a part time driver. I own the tractor and hauler. I pay for the fuel, insurance, and etc.. He has to pay for his membership. as I told him that I would not pay for that. If he wants to drive it, then that's what he has to pay for and he is fine with that for now.

Re: Reality show time! September 03, 2018 11:31PM
How many of you all could take off and run a national pulling circuit for free? Brian has a business and it's not like he has time off or sick days he can use. Time away from his job is money out of his pocket. He's gone for days or a week at a time sometimes. Everyone says they'd do it for free but if you actually received that offer most of you would have to turn it down for the reasons I just stated. If it was all fun and not like a second job I'm sure Brian would still be there.

Re: Reality show time! September 04, 2018 12:14AM
You would think that he would of taking care of that investment to " meaning Korth " but im still trying to figure out why have equipment like that an not drive them yourself.

Re: Reality show time! September 04, 2018 12:32AM
I see no problem with Mike or any one else owning a tractor and hiring a driver. No sure I've seen Earl Wells wheeling down the track. And there are some owners that should hire a driver!

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Reality show time! September 04, 2018 10:14AM
I think Mike's role in it was and is very important! Besides funding I mean His Eyes on what is going on ,out on the track and what changes to be made! I've had people on me all year because I'm not driving one of our Trucks, but my position as Crew Chief is more important to me than driving because we want to do well as a Team, and I am sure Mike feels the same way! Yes I miss driving, and I will again one day, but we intend to earn some Championships first!

BB

Re: Reality show time! September 04, 2018 09:28AM
I'd gladly drive someone else's rig for free instead of spending $200,000 of my own money.

Re: Reality show time! October 29, 2018 02:14AM
Supertiquer

Agreed. I am just a state puller and I have a part time driver. I own the tractor and hauler. I pay for the fuel, insurance, and etc.. He has to pay for his membership. as I told him that I would not pay for that. If he wants to drive it, then that's what he has to pay for and he is fine with that for now.

If you have thousands of dollars in your equipment and someone wants to drive it the they should pay for something.
this is not a major sponsor sport with big dollars flowing in for the ad space.

Re: Reality show time! September 04, 2018 01:52AM
But owning 6 tractors and only drive one occasionally, could that be a little excessive ? Just Thinking !

Re: Reality show time! September 04, 2018 08:16AM
Just out of curiosity, what does Brian Korth do? I was always curious what some of these pullers do for work, that they can spend or have the kind of time off, to pull let alone at the level some of them do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2018 09:29AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Reality show time! September 04, 2018 01:45PM
I think he farms, on the home farm!

Re: Reality show time! September 04, 2018 02:01PM
I thought him an his brother had a tire sharpening business,but i may be wrong.

Re: Reality show time! September 04, 2018 11:31PM
I had always heard Brian got to keep the prize money, any truth to that? Just rumors I had heard, so take it that way.

Re: Reality show time! September 05, 2018 12:27AM
you would be lucky to eat at MACDONNS on prize money

Re: Reality show time! September 05, 2018 01:51AM
3 tractors finishing mostly in the top 5 would prolly pay pretty dang well on the GN and PPL circuits....

Re: Reality show time! September 05, 2018 08:26AM
The news of Brian stepping back shouldn't necessarily take anyone who is an avid sports fan of any kind by surprise. It actually happens all the time in the world of sports. A team does good and things happen in the off season; right, wrong, or indifferent. Fans will either jump for joy or cry their eyes out. Its part of a business as well, which all sports are a business when it comes down to it, including pulling.

One thing I thought of while reading this thread is that of family. A person's family and the time he/she gets to spend with them certainly has a huge draw to either keep a person close to home, not so busy, or out of the sport altogether. As I am raising my kids, and knowing how busy we are with their schedules in school and sporting activities, I can only imagine the number of things that compete for the time of our pulling families that provide us fans entertainment. We all have seen puller/pulling families run a national circuit for a year or two then back down and only run state/local. Absolutely we miss them but there is nothing more important than family. Many times, it is more about time and kids than it is a shortage of money or quality of equipment. From what I see from the outside looking in, the pulling families sacrifice a lot of their personal life to provide us the entertainment we all love. Just like any athlete (which drivers are), when you are a public figure, all fans of that sport often will question decisions and the motives behind those decisions. I would say it isn't for anything other than the pure love of the sport.

In whatever Brian does with his time moving forward, we all ought to wish him the best of luck because he gave us fans a lot of himself and always put on a good show regardless if we liked a 3-tractor team with a single driver or not.

Re: Reality show time! September 05, 2018 11:32AM
Very well saidSpinning

Re: Reality show time! October 31, 2018 01:48PM
mh49
How about a reality show on MAVtv to find a new driver. Call it the Team Chizek Pulloff. 10 Drivers compete for a spot on the team based on their driving and mechanical ability; track reading skills and ability to give a coherent interview in the winners circle. The question is, who would you pick for the three judges?

I want to be the contestant who comes out of nowhere and wows the judges with his mad skills.

this!!!!

Re: Chizek drivers September 05, 2018 05:31AM
well I think now would be a great time to implement that each tractor has its own driver. no more multi tractor teams with 1 driver.

Re: Chizek drivers September 05, 2018 01:09PM
So Smuggler are you suggesting this for all classes - trucks & tractors - or just the lss? There are several others driving 2 in the same class! Petro - Lane - Davis - Bauer all come to mind.

Re: Chizek drivers September 05, 2018 01:25PM
Chizick called me today to se if i could work along and pull with Blackburn ,But i had to tell him not interested Chizick dont live in Missouri any way caught that joke right off besides the guy calling i had his number in my phone from several years ago

Re: Chizek drivers September 06, 2018 12:51PM
it should be across the board. its a huge advantage

Re: Chizek drivers September 06, 2018 01:04PM
I really shouldn't chime in on this post but.....as I'm on here, I'm watching just one sly bandit outfox Beuford and his many ridesBouncing

Best wishes to Brian and Mike and all involved. Thanks for all the premium passes over the years.

Re: Chizek drivers September 08, 2018 02:42AM
Looks like the advantage was brian Korth's driving ability
After the last 2 pull results

Re: Chizek drivers September 08, 2018 04:08AM
So early in the season all you keyboard pullers were convinced that Brian wasn’t that great a driver, the team had to be using traction control...if it was that easy, Mike or a trained monkey could have got past 250ft in the last 6 attempts!!

Re: Chizek drivers September 08, 2018 05:11AM
Seems like something is up... Phillips and Wilhite each drove one this time, still bad results, and they are no rookies...

Re: Chizek drivers September 08, 2018 05:51AM
That’s what I was thinking. Maybe dialed back the boost before he left.

Re: Chizek drivers September 08, 2018 07:08AM
Obviously it's not as easy as BK made it look. A former champ didnt get 10 feet in 3 attempts. What experience do any of these 3 fill ins have with a 4 charger tractor? Maybe MC realizes what he had now. Guess he should have kept his winning driver happy. Proof is out there now. Gotta say it's been entertaining the last couple weeks tho.

Re: Chizek drivers September 08, 2018 07:09AM
Money can’t buy that kind of experience he’s finally met his match

Re: Chizek drivers September 08, 2018 09:32AM
PPL just posted the line up for tonight and Korth is listed as driving Excessive Force.

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Re: Chizek drivers September 08, 2018 10:01AM
That's based off the pre-commit list where they are listed as the drivers of those vehicles. It also say Terry is driving one as well.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Chizek didn't hook,,,driver wanted September 08, 2018 01:16PM
looks like Chizek pulled the plug on the PPL LSS class. Nice to see Blue Blazes with a good run

Re: Chizek didn't hook,,,driver wanted September 08, 2018 01:19PM
One of those guy,s messed with it.They never could get there,s to run or drive them.

Where Does Chizek Go From Here? September 09, 2018 02:53AM
After seeing how the Light Supers have faired after the departure of Brian Korth, it makes me wonder what's the next move for Team Chizek...

Is there a possibility that Terry takes over driving the three Light Supers while Josh takes over the three Open Supers?
OR
Do the three Light Supers get converted to Open Supers?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Where Does Chizek Go From Here? September 09, 2018 03:12AM
I'd almost bet the 3 light supers are in Shullsberg right now, he won't put up with results like Knoxville, on a side note-- congratulations to Mike Wilhite on finally getting his on the right track an making a good run.

Re: Where Does Chizek Go From Here? September 09, 2018 06:04AM
So does anyone "in the know" know why the chizek tractors didn't hook? Not just all this speculation crap. I've never seen 3 good tractors and 2 good drivers have so much trouble

Re: Where Does Chizek Go From Here? September 09, 2018 06:41AM
Geared, who are the 2 good drivers you refer to? I assume Brian is one. Mike never was on his PS. Don't know why he would be now. We know the 2 Blackbourn's are good drivers. Mike's son Cody has got to be getting close to his 16th birthday. He has personally told me a couple years ago, that he wants to drive. As always, all the speculation provides no definitive answers. But time will tell the story. There is more to this story that has not been revealed yet on the chatboard. And I am not going to be the squealer. Be patient everyone. Just sit back and enjoy the next months of the pulling off season. Next thing you know after a long hard snowy winter, it will be summer 2019 pulling time. Let the tires spin, the alcohol fumes saturate the air and the smoke columns billow high in the air.

Re: Where Does Chizek Go From Here? September 09, 2018 07:31AM
He was referring to Brandon Phillips and Mike Wilhite

Re: Where Does Chizek Go From Here? September 09, 2018 09:24AM
No Need to worry as to whos going to run the Lightweight tractors for Mike so Stay Tuned for Wheatland if all goes well getting them Fixed for the Last Hook of the year .. I know how things stand now so you all can keep Guessing and i can tell you no one on this Forum making comments will be a Driver including me ... so stay tuned

Re: Where Does Chizek Go From Here? September 09, 2018 09:37AM
It will take anyone a time to adjust to each tractors personality.Learning curve required for all.

Re: Where Does Chizek Go From Here? September 09, 2018 03:44PM
A question I’ve been pondering is, is Chizek gonna be able to make both Wheatland and Enderle with having this driver situation as well as both hooks are just a day apart? Or is he gonna choose Enderle over Wheatland because of the bigger purse? Then are Terry and Josh gonna have all the opens at Wheatland or have the one that made the Enderle at the Enderle?

Re: Where Does Chizek Go From Here? September 09, 2018 03:47PM
Last year Chizek did attend both events. But being out of the points who knows what he decides to do. Blackbourns will be in Wheatland only, I can bet one that one.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re:Article on NTPA website September 17, 2018 06:19AM
NTPA story

Interesting article. It is completely factual, just seems ironic in light of the happenings of the past few weeks.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,686, Posts: 229,788, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason