2019 Rule Changes! September 17, 2018 02:59PM
The rules to go into effect for the 2019 season have been posted!

Rule Changes

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2018 03:00PM by Brent Yaron.

Re: Light Unlimited September 18, 2018 03:36AM
No changes til 2021.

While the desire for consistency fron year to year is admirable, the current rules are not sustainable imo. Simons are selling at least one (maybe both). Unless there are a slew of people building twin screw or 18-71 tractors, I cannot see how they will average even 5 vehicles per hook next year

Re: 2019 Rule Changes! September 18, 2018 03:52AM
So the Super Farm proposals didn't go through....that sucks. I wanted to see the NTPA enforce their rules

Re: 2019 Rule Changes! September 18, 2018 06:43AM
Did anyone save a copy of what the proposals were?

CP

Re: 2019 Rule Changes! September 18, 2018 10:46AM
Super Farm Division:
Cut back cubic inches, by limiting horsepower and allowing a more attainable, cost effective entry level class.

Even enforcement of the rules in the rule book for all competitors and equipment. Example given to me: quantity of tabs on sheet metal sides only enforced on a few tractors in Bowling Green, OH. They were required to add them to be allowed to compete, while other tractors were not required to add them and were to be allowed to compete without the required tabs. Depending on the official whom inspected the vehicle, determined the requirements to compete. One tech line looked for some items of importance to them, but a different tech line ignored the same items, but chose to look for different items of importance to them.

Require fuel testing at each event. Onsite NTPA must have the ability with the personnel, equipment and procedure to check all fuels in use. If equipment not present at event, to check the fuel in use, that fuel is deemed illegal at that event.

Limit length of track to under 350' maximum. Distances should be restricted to what the vehicles are currently built, tuned and developed for and that has been 320' for an uncountable amount of years. They should not be dictated by the promoter, or the available space, or based on allowable insurance distances or restrictions. Stretching the pulling surface further each year only hurts and costs the owners competing with the vehicles in durability and future performance losses with additional maintenance costs and more likely hood, breakage and damage, i.e. Rockwell, IA finish distances for 2018.

Copy and pasted from “The Original Michael”’s post called “Thoughts on NTPA rule proposals”.

Light Pro September 18, 2018 01:35PM
If the turbo limit is truly what’s best for the Light Pro class then I’m okay with it, otherwise I hate to see a limit put on the ingenuity of the engine builders/mechanics. I guess time will tell.

Re: 2019 Rule Changes! October 29, 2018 02:00AM
Any PPL changes going on?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,744, Posts: 229,886, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM