I have a question September 25, 2018 03:01PM
Over the last 40 years that I have been a spectator and over the last 25 years that I have been a competitor my question is to all you that complain and gripe on this message board/forum is what is it that you want to see in truck and tractor pulling?

Re: I have a question September 26, 2018 05:20AM
Well I'll take a shoot of answering what I want to see improved in truck and tractor pulling. People that are not so worried if someone else expresses their opinion that runs counter to their's. Rules that promote the growth of classes with sensible cubic inch limits. Promoters that understand what the fans want to see. Leadership that has a clue about leading. We have to many absent leaders that collect a check and don't earn it, that are taking money out of the pullers pockets. Pulls that start on time and run fast. Track length of 320 not 380. Announcers that know the difference between a John Deere PS and a Oliver LLSS, that know that NB is New Brunswick and not Nebraska. Pullers that care more about the health and growth of their class than their own needs. I want to see the high dollar classes come to the reality that without some type of limitations their classes are doomed. Guys that build 3-6 tractors and they ALL look alike, come on show some imagination. That one really amazes me, they can't even come up with different names. Promoters that add one class and think that they've really changed their 50 year old show. I want to see Leaders that look down the road 3-8 years and see how the rules may influence the growth of the class. Uniform rules. Good Lighting for the fans and pullers, 3 100 watt light bulbs just doesn't cut it ! To realize that with today's ag economy sound choices need to be made with the pulling vs farm discussion.

So to summarize; most, if not all of the problems with truck and tractor pulling can be laid directly at the door of leadership, be it state, regional or national. The leadership makes and carries out the rule making and enforcement. Lets start to expect that these will be made with the pullers, fans and promoters first.

And to clarify something, a message board/forum page is nothing more than a vehicle for fans, pullers, promoters to express their opinions, nothing more nothing less. To disagree is one thing, however to tell someone that they don't have a right to express their opinion unless you agree is rather unamerician.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: I have a question September 26, 2018 02:20PM
Dick Morgan
Well I'll take a shoot of answering what I want to see improved in truck and tractor pulling. People that are not so worried if someone else expresses their opinion that runs counter to their's. Rules that promote the growth of classes with sensible cubic inch limits. Promoters that understand what the fans want to see. Leadership that has a clue about leading. We have to many absent leaders that collect a check and don't earn it, that are taking money out of the pullers pockets. Pulls that start on time and run fast. Track length of 320 not 380. Announcers that know the difference between a John Deere PS and a Oliver LLSS, that know that NB is New Brunswick and not Nebraska. Pullers that care more about the health and growth of their class than their own needs. I want to see the high dollar classes come to the reality that without some type of limitations their classes are doomed. Guys that build 3-6 tractors and they ALL look alike, come on show some imagination. That one really amazes me, they can't even come up with different names. Promoters that add one class and think that they've really changed their 50 year old show. I want to see Leaders that look down the road 3-8 years and see how the rules may influence the growth of the class. Uniform rules. Good Lighting for the fans and pullers, 3 100 watt light bulbs just doesn't cut it ! To realize that with today's ag economy sound choices need to be made with the pulling vs farm discussion.

So to summarize; most, if not all of the problems with truck and tractor pulling can be laid directly at the door of leadership, be it state, regional or national. The leadership makes and carries out the rule making and enforcement. Lets start to expect that these will be made with the pullers, fans and promoters first.

And to clarify something, a message board/forum page is nothing more than a vehicle for fans, pullers, promoters to express their opinions, nothing more nothing less. To disagree is one thing, however to tell someone that they don't have a right to express their opinion unless you agree is rather unamerician.

Dick, thank you for your very good response.

Re: I have a question September 26, 2018 02:59PM
Dick Morgan

Two thumbs up, Richard. It's no different than a certain unnamed Senator from Hawaii telling men to just shut up if they have a different opinion than hers regarding current events of national interest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2018 02:59PM by The Original Michael.

Re: I have a question September 26, 2018 03:22PM
I'd like to see fewer political posts.

Re: I have a question September 26, 2018 03:55PM
Dick, I totally agree with you, EXCEPT, for your very last word in your dissertation:
"To disagree is one thing, however to tell someone that they don't have a right to express their opinion unless you agree is rather unamerician."
It does not matter what country pulling is taking place in. So "unamerican" should be changed to simply: disrespectful.

The other big need I see, well no, rather hear, yes, that's the problem, too often cannot hear the announcer, is the lack of a good sound system so that all the spectators, which includes pullers, can hear the announcer. Hopefully an announcer that knows his/her relevant pulling data and can relate it as informational education.

Re: I have a question September 27, 2018 09:30AM
No doubt. When the system is junk, everyone looks at you like you're on fire. Sometimes I can engineer it to go, sometimes it's an infrastructure problem that I can't. Very frustrating when this happens. Not blaming any promoters, but the sound system is generally after lights at the bottom of the list of concerns. It seems like it has always been that way.

CP

Re: I have a question September 26, 2018 03:42PM
Dick, I think you are spot on with your assessment! I do believe leadership is the most important thing for an association. To have a leader that knows all aspects of pulling. Promoting, rules, running an event, thinking outside the box. Just look what has happened to Outlaws to see how true this is.

Re: I have a question September 28, 2018 07:11AM
Cost! Purses haven’t went up and can’t go upas promoters are getting tapped out. Rules to keep the cost down, which leads to more pullers, less breakage. I think that is how Outlaws grew so much these last 15 years.

Re: I have a question September 26, 2018 04:45PM
dick that's a very good post and a very good job by you in that you didn't single out any org by name your post was a general post to all orgs then I scroll down and see "spot on" post and that post singles out just one org I am pretty sure that all 3 "major orgs" have all kinds of different issues that need to be addressed some good some bad that's life tho love the post dick and thank you for having this forum

Re: I have a question September 27, 2018 02:36AM
I think this goes to all pulling groups, not just this so-called big 3. Heck I don’t know how you get the big three. Yes NTPA and PPL are big have multiple different pulling groups under them in lots of different states. Outlaws has done many things in the past and I applaud them on the way they have grown over the years and done lots of good things for pulling. Now they really have no more members and events than many other pulling groups. I also agree that leadership is the most important thing with all groups, Big or small.

Re: Why we're sometimes negative September 26, 2018 10:15PM
The answer to the original poster's question is one word:
Passion. Most of us on this board are passionate about the sport, whether as pullers, promoters, manufacturers, or fans. We have different views on how to make it a better sport, but the reason we take time to post is because we care.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,761, Posts: 229,922, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM