2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull September 27, 2018 06:12AM
The spec for the 2019 Super Farm class turbo is as follows:

"Super Farm turbo rule for 2019. 3x4 Turbo Smooth bore intake, wheel must protrude into 3.00 bore. Exhaust wheel must protrude into 4.00" bore. Turbine wheel exhaust blade clearance maximum from exhaust housing, .060". Intent = no cone shaped wheels"

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull September 27, 2018 07:02AM
This will be interesting.........why buy a turbo for one event?

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull September 27, 2018 07:32AM
Yea that's what I am wondering if were changing it for the whole year to the 3x4

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull September 27, 2018 09:22AM
We said good bye to "Louisville Tires", now it's hello to "Louisville Turbos."

NTPA has locked in '19 rules... Curious what PPL is going to do.

CP

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull September 27, 2018 09:59AM
Hopefully PPL does change their ruels so that ntpa tractors can pull with them and not have to change turbos

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull September 27, 2018 01:17PM
Where do you see the rule change for the turbos in the super farm class in the ntpa

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull September 27, 2018 02:57PM
Nothing changed for '19 with NTPA.

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull September 27, 2018 03:03PM
It would improve that class dramatically maybe those big moters could actually breath a little

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull September 28, 2018 12:09AM
is the farm show really asking pullers to run a turbo is the sf class that no other organization is now using, i;m lost on why they would do that

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull September 28, 2018 05:03AM
Why didn't they just leave it alone or make it 3x3 smooth cover so we can use the same turbo just different cover? Now you just made the class more expensive expecially for the 2 tractor teams. To have 2 turbos for one tractor. Plus now everyone has to hit the dyno twice this winter once for farm show then again for beginning of season. Thanks for making it $10,000 for just one pull. Was going to apply but can't afford it now.

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull September 28, 2018 06:07AM
Maybe that was there intention. Winking

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull September 28, 2018 08:09AM
Whats the difference they all dyno at least twice anyway.
Just before season starts theres always the new greatest turbo that comes out.

Re: Gordyville September 28, 2018 08:42AM
There will be no shortage of SF and many other classes there. They are already accepting entries and have a few drivers posted.

Re: Gordyville September 28, 2018 11:00AM
the list posted is 2018 they never have the list up until november tho

Re: Wrong September 28, 2018 12:56PM
List
the list posted is 2018 they never have the list up until november tho

You obviously haven't looked at the website. They have partial, very early entries posted for the 2019 Winter Nationals.

Re: Wrong September 28, 2018 01:11PM
"list" thinks you're talking about Louisville, not Gordyville.

Nfms sf turbo September 28, 2018 01:10PM
Why don't the committee just buy boxed turbos seal them and give it to the pullers to use for the one or two hooks and then we give them back after the finals. That way they can eat the expense of the turbo instead of the pullers having to buy multiple turbos a year. Why do we need to buy a turbo for one hook. When we cant even use that turbo in any other organization.

Re: Nfms sf turbo September 29, 2018 03:16AM
Buying a turbo for one hook is stupid, they need to pull their head out of their ass.

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull September 30, 2018 10:45AM
Whats stupid is that this class is even in Louisville! Its September and the crying has already started with this class! Clearly it never ends! Just wish the powers to be would see it for what it is.

Re: 2019 Super Farm Class September 30, 2018 03:02PM
OK... so there is a new turbo for 2019.... what about cubic inch... still the same or dropping back to something smaller?? Another post said something about 540. The NTPA site says nothing, just looking to clarify things.

Thanks

Re: 2019 Super Farm Class October 01, 2018 04:30AM
NFMS only. NTPA didn't change anything for '19.

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull October 02, 2018 03:30PM
How many people bitchin about this rule have ever pulled at the farm show? Ones that have this is really nothing new if you have pulled PPL and NTPA in the past. If people wouldn’t screw with their turbos we wouldn’t be having this problem. I commend the committee for doing something to keep us all on the same level.

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull October 02, 2018 11:16PM
Get it together
How many people bitchin about this rule have ever pulled at the farm show? Ones that have this is really nothing new if you have pulled PPL and NTPA in the past. If people wouldn’t screw with their turbos we wouldn’t be having this problem. I commend the committee for doing something to keep us all on the same level.

I am normally one with little patience with people on this and Fonda's board who constantly bash the Super Farm class. That said, if what Get It Together said is accurate, then why would a promoter book this class? Not saying he is or isn't correct, but if he is correct, sounds like more headache than it's worth if I'm the promoter.

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull October 03, 2018 12:41AM
As a super Farm competitor myself... the root of this problem in my opinion is lack of rule enforcement by multiple organizations. The slotted cover specifications have been interpreted in many different ways and I'm sure pushed past the standard of legal intentionally a few times. I run with the ntpa Grand National circuit so I was not at the pull that was sanctioned by the pro pulling League where one of the super Farm competitors were protested and found to be illegal. I do know there was some debate from the competitor whether or not they were legal or not but they did get disqualified for that event and for the next year. Also in my opinion I do not believe this is just a super Farm issue... there was a tractor in the light Limited Pro Stock class in Ohio that was protested and that tractor was dq'd. When I was accepted to Louisville in 2015, I was impressed at the thorough Tech that they had the super Farms do. This lack of enforcement and checking all summer long leads to questionable Turbo being discovered at the farm show. It is hard telling how many 4.3 turbos are in The Limited Pro class and how many 600 cubic inch engines there are in the light Pro class. I guess where I'm going with all of this is if you have a class that has restrictions weather it be Turbo or cubic inch or any sort of limitation, those limitations need to be periodically checked to make sure people aren't intentional cheating or just not interpreting the rules the way they are written. Every class in pulling has a restriction on their weight and their hitch height and those items get checked at every pull. It may not be the most popular decision to make everyone run a different style turbo at Louisville, but I do commend them for trying to keep it an even playing field and for trying to avoid a bunch of Turbo discrepancies when they go to Tech them in Broadbent Arena.
-Chris Weidinger-

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull October 03, 2018 02:21AM
Chris, I couldn't agree more. The truth is that most rules rely on the honesty of the pullers. Having said that, I have stated before on how do you really know true cubic inches, honest fuel, turbo sizes, traction control it is to easy to cheat if your drive to win overcomes you ethics.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull October 03, 2018 04:53AM
With all the controversy surrounding turbos that have map rings/grooved why not just make it all smooth bore?

Red712

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull October 03, 2018 06:07AM
I agree, I think the 3x4 smooth bore will be close power wise and much easier to police.

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull October 04, 2018 03:42AM
I know Badger State checked turbos at a pull this year. All BSTP did was check the slot size, and intake and exhaust wheels. There was a long discussion about what is legal in terms of slot geometry.

Re: 2019 Super Farm Turbo Rule for NFMS Championship Tractor Pull October 04, 2018 08:36AM
Chris, I think your main point of no one checking a thing is spot on.you can have any size turbo,and any fuel rule ect,but if it isn't kept in checked periodically ,any rule isn't worth the paper they are printed on.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM