MPH Farm Stock Class October 03, 2018 03:22AM
I am working on a mph farm stock class that will be possibly ran for points with an organization. We are located in the East Central Indiana and West Central Ohio location. I am posting this to see how many pullers are interested. IPL does this already and they do a great job with this. Most of the pulls they have are in Northern and Central Indiana. Rules will be somewhat the same as the IPL Farm Stock Class. Please comment or reach out to me if interested. My number is 765-576-1250 and I will be posting the complete set of rules in the near future. Also, any input or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class October 03, 2018 05:16AM
Thats a great idea! We have a points paced farm class in north eastern WI we currently have 3 classes: 4700 6mph 5500 8mph and 8600 8mph. We do have a tire rule for the 4700 because we try to keep the 5500 guys from jumping classes other than that its run what ya brung just keep it under the speed limit!

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class October 03, 2018 05:50AM
I might be interested depending on rules and where

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class October 03, 2018 06:53AM
IPL runs a good class. I would try to follow what they do.

Have a decent purse and that will help attract pullers.

Hope this works out.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class October 04, 2018 04:46AM
We pull in the IPL and it is a great class with those rules. Lots of fun and an affordable fast growing class

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class October 03, 2018 08:51AM
The following are the current listed rules for the IPL farm stock class for those unfamiliar with the association

1. Weight: 12,000 lbs.
2. 10 MPH
3. 3,000 RPM. Tractor must have an ISSPRO single magnetic pickup attached to the front of the
engine to measure engine RPM’s. The lead from the pickup to the rear of the tractor is to be
made of 14-16 gauge wire attached to a 110 V, 3-prong female electrical outlet. The 2 wires
from the pickup need to be attached to the 2 main spades, not the ground spade, of the
electrical outlet. This outlet receptacle needs to be mounted next to the rear mounted air
shutoff cable. Wire must be one continuous wire that is visible with no splices. If you compete
at sanctioned events with Indiana Pulling League, Inc., this system must be attached and in
working order. Any tractor found to be over the allowed RPM limit will be disqualified.
4. No cubic inch limit
5. No duels. Any Tire Any Size Top Cut Only.
6. Wide Front end only
7. Air Shut Off required
8. Tractor must have an operator controlled fuel shut-off valve (not the injection pump shut-off).
9. Stabilizer Bars Required. ( See general rules for specifications)
10. Steel Flywheel Required.
11. Dead man Throttle.
12. Seat belt Required. (Five-point harness and helmet required with a roll cage)
13. Driver must wear long pants and leather work shoes.
14. Cross bolts in the exhaust. ( See general rules for location requirement)
15. Crankshaft Dampener must be covered in all directions.
16. Stock Wheelbase
17. Fire Extinguisher located in the driver compartment.
18. Motor driven fans must be shrouded.
19. No vertical hitches or clevis's allowed.
20. Newer Electronic tractors allowed as long as they meet all other rules.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class October 04, 2018 01:30PM
I’m with the Indiana pulling league my number is on their webpage as a class rep for the farmstock class. If you have any questions please feel free to call me. I’m not sure of your exact location but there’s some guys that if it don’t conflict with us, that may make a hook with you. keeping the rules similar to ours would allow crossing over to run with us or we come run with you. We’re just trying to keep it fun and competitive but yet safe. There’s way to much that’s getting run with lack of safety that is gonna ruin it for the guys that want to do it right. I wish you luck with it so far it’s been working really well for us! Indianapullingleague.com

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class October 05, 2018 07:16AM
I will be reaching out to you for more information. As of right now we're just trying to do everything we can to get numbers for a class. I've heard nothing but good things from the guys that run IPL. I don't want to take anything away from IPL. Just want to get something affordable and fun for the guys in our area. Thanks

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class October 06, 2018 11:43PM
well if you follow what we did give it just a little time and im sure you will have a decent sized class put together. I didnt think ours would turn out the way it did being a mph class but when guys want to have fun and compete and see this as very affordable they will come to play. This is the most fun ive had pulling in years, sure i want to go fast but funds aren't there to do it at this point but the competitiveness we have and the bond we all have to me is the best part of it and what its supposed to be about

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class October 07, 2018 12:35AM
Well said FS4430! I pull a Hot Farm, and love it. My buddy used to pull a Pro-farm, then
Backed down to farm stock with a 1066 and 666 in speed limit classes 4-8 mph. Several
Neighbors also have started pulling the same classes. It is fun to watch and see the comrodery
Between them, and occasionally a “grudge match “ . Speed limit pulling is definitely a drivers
And set up sport. Which makes it fun as it should be. But not a huge spectator draw, other than
More local pullers=more local puller friends and family’s in the stands.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class October 07, 2018 04:59AM
Be glad to send you a copy of Southern Indiana Farm Stock Pullers rules. We have over 20 hooks annually with average of 12 tractors. If there isn’t a conflict on the schedule I’m sure some would venture your way to an event. Feel free to contact me for any help in your venture. graveskerry@yahoo.com. Great to see others getting involved in the mph classes.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class October 09, 2018 02:37PM
And what’s nice for the higher horse power guys is that we usually run first to break in a fresh track

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class October 07, 2018 02:18PM
Would be nice if the new class would be 12 or 13 mph.

12000# seems to be what everyone is running.
11500# wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Make sure everyone can hear the horn.

Are you going to honk it all you want to 100/125/150', then blow the horn and you're out like most central Indiana pulls?

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class October 08, 2018 02:01PM
IPL (10 mph) and West Michigan Pullers (8 mph)[formerly Michigan Truck & Tractor Pullers] each have a large monitor placed beyond the full pull mark that the puller can watch the speed readings so each puller can control him / her self own speed. At the end of the puller's pass, the monitor informs what the fastest speed was. Over the speed limit, automatic DQ.

Both are excellent classes as are the Thumb TPA 10 mph in 8000, 10000 & 12000 # versions. Those Thumb tractors are quite the class, in all regards! I suggest you study their rules, too. They have many Fords that know how to pull and put on a show. And most of their tractors also look first rate.

Go on my website going back from 2018 to perhaps 2012 and you will find events from those 3 associations and the classes we are talking about.
www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class October 09, 2018 01:09AM
The following are the currently listed 2018 rules for the West Michigan Pullers 12,500 lb Field Farm Tractor class
for those unfamiliar with the association

1. Tractor: must be manufactured stock model two wheel drive, rubber bar type tires. Tires may be top cut or
stock, cast or press wheels. Factory fenders are required on all tractors. PTO’s are optional, if equipped it must be
shielded.
2. Fuel System: Must have stock appearing fuel system or may use “A” size pump. Aftermarket Fuel Lift Pumps
allowed.
3. Water Injection: Not Allowed.
4. Tires: May be top cut or stock, cast or press wheels. Maximum tire size is 20.8 x 42 or 18.4 x 46 or equivalent.
May use tires that are smaller diameter but vary in width: Examples would be 24.5 x 32, 30.5 x 32, 23.1 x 34, 18.4
x 38, etc.
5. Turbo: Must have a 3” maximum ID. Solid pipe with a 3” minimum length before turbo. No more than 3” from
the face of the wheel. All inlet air must flow through this restriction. Stock turbo setup with a 3” ID. Hose
connection at turbo is mandatory. M&W or equivalent may be installed.
6. RPM Limit: 3000 RPM maximum. Must have magnetic tape on balancer or on flywheel. Also vehicle must have an
ISPRO #19R8906 magnetic pickup attached to the front of the engine to measure engine RPMs. The lead from the
pickup to the rear of the vehicle is to be made of 14-16 gauge wire extension cord with a molded 110V, 3 prong
female electrical outlet. This 110V plug needs to be mounted next to the rear mounted air shutoff cable. Wire
must be one (1) continuous wire outside the frame rails and visible. NO SPLICES PERIOD! Tractor will be hooked
to RPM monitor box while going down the track. A tractor will be allowed a one (1) time hook without RPM
pickup.
7. Weights: All weights must be safely secured to the tractor and must not exceed rearward beyond the rear tires.
No weights inside cab. No extensions of front weight brackets.(except for International’s factory small weight
bracket can have 1 set of blocks to miss grill). Three point hitch components may be removed. Any ballast or
external parts lost while hooked to the sled will be cause for disqualification. Tractors may be weighed after the
pull as requested by the judges.
8. Draw bar: Maximum drawbar height is 20” from ground to top of draw bar that is rigid in every direction. The hole
must be a minimum of 18” behind center of rear axle and at least 3”x 3.75” in diameter with at least 6” clearance
above the hole. Cross-sectional thickness must be 7/8” minimum. Pulling point may not be more than 1.5” from
back of hitching device. Twisted clevis must straddle draw bar. No vertical hitches allowed.
9. Throttle: may be stock type or dead man style side throttle.
10. Exhaust Pipe: All straight pipes must be vertical (no curves) and a minimum of 18” above the hood outlet. Two
3/8” cross bolts are strongly recommended.
11. Hooking to Pulling Sled: While hooking, the tractor must be in neutral with the driver’s hands up and foot off
clutch.
12. Speed Limit: Field Farm stock tractors are limited to an 8 mph speed limit. Going over this speed is immediate
disqualification and loss of points.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class October 10, 2018 01:14AM
Just wanted to reach out to all of those who posted on this and thank you. All the information that has been provided has helped tremendously. I will be finishing up the rules and posting them in the near future. Keep in mind that the rules may be tweaked after they are presented to the club. Nothing drastic will be changed, maybe just a few additions or rewording. There has been a lot of positive comments on this class. I have spoke to a lot of different pullers over the past few weeks and they have voiced their interest in this class. The last thing I will ask is if you are interested in this class, I would like to have 8 to 10 names that will pre-commit to this class. Before you say I can't commit to this because I don't know when they are. That's ok. I just want to have a good base of pullers when I present this class to the club. So if you think you might want to run this class please let me know. No one will hold you to this. Just want an idea. If you want to put your name on here that's fine. I would rather you text, call or email me your name and phone number. My name is Jerimy Stephan and my number is 765-576-1250. My email is jjmks4@gmail.com Again thank you for all your help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,657, Posts: 229,736, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,071, Posts: 225,920.

Our newest member JD_8520