Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 16, 2018 01:03PM
Has anyone seen any kind of pullers list if so were at?

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 17, 2018 12:46AM
On their Facebook page
Link to VTPA Facebook page

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2018 01:28AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 17, 2018 05:14AM
Does anyone know how the pull is and how many pullers are there. Was wondering what's going on

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 17, 2018 08:54AM
Looks like Tom Mcconell is screwing everyone again. What I’ve seen track is junk and nothing is as was promised by the blow hard himself

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 17, 2018 11:54AM
After listening to Tom, hope everyone got there early before sold out. Standing room only!

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 17, 2018 05:20PM
I just got home it was a good pull dont go hating on Tom .How many others could of pulled off getting that facility he may have done some screwy dills before but know one else has done as much for pulling as he has

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 17, 2018 05:47PM
Kudos for getting into the venue...I'll give him that.

But....1) everything he has been talking about for the last few months was nothing like the extravaganza promised. This doesn't surprise me.

2) the fire safety crew was pitiful. If you were there, you know what I mean.

3) the 12000 # guys and gals got hosed. Changing the order and then changing it again?
Running them last because of excessive smoke? Please....that Fordson in the antique class pulled 7-8 times while I was there, was smoking like a freight train, and nobody said anything. Don't penalize the "muscle class" because you're too cheap to rent a smoke tube.

4) midnight curfew? New one on me. See #3.
Good thing they didn't run everybody out from the afternoon to the evening session like Gordyville. If they did they would have been even more classes that got the shaft.

Will be interesting to see how many puller show up again tomorrow, and what time the show gets over tomorrow night. More importantly, I wonder if they'll learn from what transpired today and make it a better show tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2018 01:05PM by smokin4250.

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 17, 2018 11:32PM
How was the audience? Many people there?

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 18, 2018 12:57AM
Less than 350 in stands.

Give or take. Lots of drivers and crew on floor.

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 18, 2018 05:00AM
I didnt se anyone roasting hot dogs on a open fire pit .Was there any fires for them to put out ? so how could we tell how pitiful they were .i can say no need for bug spraying this winter from all the smoke, Im going for the record thumbs down please check the bottom box,Toms the man

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 18, 2018 05:12AM
I do believe Tom needs to add a open rpm class like the old modified stock class used to be with about a 400 cube limit 5 or 5500 pound

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 18, 2018 08:45AM
No hot dog roasting.

Just bananas....

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 03:10AM
I went Sunday and it was a dusty crappy show. Never again

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 11:31AM
sunday had a 6500 mod farm with 6 molines and one oliver was a good show fellow with a big mm 20mph and 234 just before going up the ramp

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 12:29PM
The curfew is probably in the contract. People go on overtime and double time after midnight. I work audio and video and after 10 hours I going time and half and from midnight to 7am I get another half. I can add on from there but can add up. Plus that's a state building and convention center so it may have been needed flipped for the next show. Welcome to the production world. Have seen wedding shoved out because the contract time was up.

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 05:15AM
How close did they come to the 500 entries?

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 06:45AM
If you counted all of the spectators cars (all 300) and haulers then they might have had 500. And that entry thing is a scam. some guys hooked 10 times so who knows whats real.

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 07:57AM
It is real and Tom made it happen something none of these other fly by nighters ever done for the sport with that said We may here he left with out paying the electric by the end of next week but what ever he got it done and i hope he has another

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 11:14AM
So Lewis you are saying as long as there was a pull in Freedom Hall it doesn't matter if the the bills are paid, that's a rather sad commentary about values.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 12:54PM
No Dick im not saying that I am saying like him or not Tom makes things happen that others cant and dont ,KNOWING him he got a grant worked out from the farm BILL to help put it on ,Good job Tom Lol Finally some controversy and excitement on here i still got it remember to check the box marked thumbs down please thank you

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 11:21AM
well I was there all wkend and it was a junk track but that was the dirt that they had to work with, apparently some of you have never been to tunica or the horse park. As for the muscle class was told by the man in charge of the track that they had to run last or it was going to be shutdown. As for the fire truck didn't see a fire to put out. I know Tom has had his moments but he did get this one pulled off. I love those folks that say never again and he didn't pay out enough but where is the pull that you are putting on so I can attend and make fun of your mistakes.

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 11:34AM
The one, and thank God, only fire was the McVey "retro" mod that ran Saturday night.

There are several videos that you can search on YouTube that show it catching on fire, and the driver pretty much had it out by himself before the fire crew could even find the fire extinguishers.

Before anybody gets their panties in a wad, no I don't want that job. And God bless the men and women who do it day in and day out. But, the response time for them even figuring out there was a fire, let alone getting the equipment to put the fire out, was not very good.

If the fire was any more serious than what it was, the one fire extinguisher that the driver carried was not going to put it out.

If we're going to have an event where we have to have fire personnel there, they should be attentive as to what's going on. I understand that hours can go by with out so much as a blip, but the first time there is a fire, they need to be on it quick.

Forget about the damage to property. That can be replaced. If that driver would have been on fire, they would have been in pretty bad shape waiting for those fire personnel to get the situation under control.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2018 12:13PM by smokin4250.

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 12:10PM
okay my view was blocked by the smoke and other tractors that is bad then but there were a half dozen fire extinguishers on the wall down the center just nobody grabbed one and went that should not have happened. That explains the half dozen new ones that showed up for sunday

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 01:10PM
Ive had bigger fires on my pants after welding than that I bet the guys are proud a bunch of nervous people didnt go spraying all that white junk all over his machine making a mess .Now a question for Dick i met you in the hall so how did you like the pull, I can yes it was a little ruff around the edges but for that many hooks and the first time what could one expect heck five classes 7 in each class i could have coordinated that

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 01:23PM
Lewis I was not at the pull. We had 15 inches of snow here in Western NY so I was busy with that. So you didn't meet me there. However I would enjoy chatting with you some time.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 01:33PM
Im sorry i was thinking of Bryan P.S thanks for getting me registered i love this thumbs down and up thing and love this sight

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 02:05PM
what I want to know is why you didn't come down and at least say hi and maybe you could have given announcing a whirl

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 02:46PM
I will someday we can be Sisklal and Ebert beside you had your hands full and done a good job

Re: Vintage tractor pull Louiville this weekend November 19, 2018 02:50PM
thanks I was trying to keep it all moving with some good help, I know it takes a bunch of folks working together to make all of it happen.

Re: Vintage Modified Tractor Video Link 2018 Louisville November 20, 2018 12:36PM
I always wanted to see Lloyd Mcvey"s Super Banana run. Finally got to see it.
I remember reading an article about it in the Puller , I believe in the 80's. Thanks really enjoyed it.

Re: Vintage Modified Tractor Video Link 2018 Louisville November 20, 2018 01:04PM
Did you notice he got the fire put out himself, good job and a great rule to have a fire extinguisher within reach had to use mine a few times

Re: Vintage Modified Tractor Video Link 2018 Louisville November 20, 2018 11:58PM
I love the old mod's. Thanks

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,648, Posts: 229,717, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,068, Posts: 225,907.

Our newest member JD_8520