NFMS tractor pull drivers list??? December 03, 2018 12:57AM
Usually the list is always out before the tickets go live on ticketmaster...not that it is going to change anything for me. I will still be there to watch every year but it is just nice to see for some people to know who they will be watching. Just a reminder that tickets go on sale this morning in just over an hour.

Re: NFMS tractor pull drivers list??? December 03, 2018 05:03AM
The list should be up very soon. Letters hit mailboxes on Friday.

Re: NFMS tractor pull drivers list??? December 03, 2018 07:33AM
Friend of mine got his letter today.

Re: NFMS tractor pull drivers list??? December 03, 2018 08:16AM
Just seems later than years before...it is usually out between Thanksgiving weekend and December 1st. Just a bit later than I remember. It always gives me my pulling fix and something to talk about with my pulling buddys during the lull in the pulling season. I have seen some on facebook and heard of some from other people. Just curious...can't wait for the some more motorsports action!

Re: NFMS tractor pull drivers list??? December 03, 2018 09:39AM
It used to be out before Outlaw banquet as they would recognize who was going to Louisville. That is always the weekend before Thanksgiving.

The applicant list grows every year December 03, 2018 12:05PM
I'm pretty sure that the applicant list grows every year. Sometimes takes a little longer to sort through.
They do a great job sorting through all of the applicants to put together a great show every year.
Just my $.02Cool

Re: The applicant list grows every year December 04, 2018 02:41PM
Same bunch every year !!! Been that way for as long as i can remember, probably don't sort through any just take last years program an copy it !!!!

Re: The applicant list grows every year December 05, 2018 12:12AM
what cynicism, with that kind of spitula , I understand that a lot of the competitors are the same but how many other tractors for some of the classes are out there. Not a huge group to choose from in alky super or dsl super but I am certain they had to look at the limited pro and light pro apps.

Re: The applicant list grows every year December 07, 2018 06:26AM
I doubt the list gets bigger every year. More winter pulls now than ever, their purse isn't anything special, hardly any DSS or heavy alkys left, can't fill all their pro stock spots, etc. And from a fans view, it's a slow moving pull on a short track with outrageous ticket and concession prices.

Re: The applicant list grows every year December 07, 2018 09:46AM
Ticket Prices are much cheaper this year than in years past...you are defiantly right that I doubt the list has been growing. Other than the addition of Light and Limited Pros. I would like to know the number of people turned down in every class. Not names...Just a number.

Re: The applicant list grows every year December 07, 2018 11:28AM
I heard that they don't turn any PS guys away and DSS and OSS don't have many apply. And not a lot of Lt PS and 4.1 applied either.

Re: The applicant list grows every year December 07, 2018 11:33AM
I agree, I don't think the number of applicants is growing in the classes that have pulled there for years. ALL of the growth in pulling is happening in classes like Light Pro, Hot Farm, and Light Limited Super. The higher horsepower classes have allowed the rules that make those classes more cost prohibitive and their numbers are either stagnant or declining.

The LSS class is the one exception. It's high power and high cost but I think it's continuing to steadily gain numbers on most circuits. However, I'd be willing to bet that applications for the LSS class were down this year. Honestly I don't blame guys for not applying. They're treated like second class pullers, the class pays way less than Open Super, yet they probably have as much or more invested in their tractors (light parts are more expensive to make), in general the class has much, much, much newer vehicles than Open Super and DSS, they have newer technology under the hoods compared to most Open Supers, they put on the best show of the pull for the last two or three years, and yet they still don't get a week night, they don't get a finals, they get paids peanuts. If I owned one I'd probably stay home until there was a little more parity.

(I don't want it to sound like I'm picking on Open Supers, rather I'm just comparing the LSS to the Opens because they are their closest cousins to compare to.)

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: The applicant list grows every year December 07, 2018 02:20PM
Is this why there is no hootman this year?

Re: The applicant list grows every year December 07, 2018 02:21PM
I think he’s working on a new motor combo this offseason.

Re: The applicant list grows every year December 07, 2018 02:45PM
You would be correct sir

Re: The applicant list grows every year December 11, 2018 07:05AM
Jake -

In 2018 the CTP purse was $276,850. LSS payout, per session, is equal to every other class, for clarification.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: NFMS tractor pull drivers list??? December 07, 2018 01:19PM
I sure hope LSS dont get treated like second rate pullers. They are far and above the best class at the farm show. I am a Pro Stock guy to the core but indoors LSS take the cake. So if you dont here it from anyone else lss drivers.... I appreciate you

Re: NFMS tractor pull drivers list??? December 07, 2018 01:53PM
You can miss ten years of the farm show and show back up and its the same old names year after year just a different day.

Re: NFMS tractor pull drivers list??? December 07, 2018 10:09PM
Lewis Conner
You can miss ten years of the farm show and show back up and its the same old names year after year just a different day.

Might be the case because some of the same pullers that get to pull there each year work very hard at what they love to do and spend all summer long competing on national and state circuits traveling many miles each year (and working around the clock in the shop). Those pullers should be pulling there every year if they finish well at many events.

You have to remember, it is a "show" with only a limited number of spots available. They try to assemble a great group of vehicles to provide a great show that most fans enjoy. This is not Bowling Green where they can run 60 tractors or trucks in one class. It's hard to please everyoneSpinning

For those that did not get invited or did not apply there seems to be some other winter events to go to (not as many as in the tnt /sro/monster truck days), but quite a few January to March). Just my opinionThumbs Up

Re: NFMS tractor pull drivers list??? December 08, 2018 12:00AM
In my opinion " everyone has one an this is mine " the best 3 winter hooks are Gordyville, Lexington,Ky, Murfreesboro,Tn " not necessarily in that order " the pulling atmosphere is so much better at these pulls, alot more equipment at Gordyville. If a person can't get his "fix" at Gordyville, i highly doubt you can get one, lol, the 3 pulls i just mentioned have got great pullers an its more down to earth an LESS POLITICAL !!!!!

Re: NFMS tractor pull drivers list??? December 07, 2018 11:52PM
Not totally accurate. Click the banner in this post to go to the podcast where we chop up the numbers.

CP

[www.sidetrackedproductionsinc.com]

Sideshow: The Case Against NFMS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2018 11:53PM by cpr.

Re: NFMS tractor pull drivers list??? December 08, 2018 03:34AM
I guess you missed the part that i said " just my opinion " !!!!!

Re: NFMS tractor pull drivers list??? December 08, 2018 03:37AM
No, I was replying to Lewis. I agree with what you wrote.

CP

Re: NFMS tractor pull drivers list??? December 08, 2018 05:18AM
No harm no foul, lol

Re: NFMS tractor pull drivers list??? December 08, 2018 12:15PM
Its just a two and a half hour drive for me to the farm show.I worked the farm show one year for Bush hog and one year for Surge Milking Systems as much as I love tractor pulling i average going one day every 3 years compared to Gordyville been there once and Murfreesboro not missed for several years the Farm show Sucks

Re: NFMS tractor pull drivers list??? December 08, 2018 02:45PM
oh cmon lewis the only thing wrong with the farm show is the 10 bucks to park and the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over price concessions. As for the pulling I never have been to a pull I hated but then again it could stand to be a little cheaper on the ticket for me to cram my oversized body into that undersized seat.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009