MPH Farm Stock Class February 06, 2019 02:55AM
We have a meeting tonight to decide if the MPH farm stock class will be official. If class is approved I will post rules, dates and places of pulls. Would love to see a lot of pullers come out and support this if approved. Thanks for your patience.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 06, 2019 05:29AM
Where is this happening at? Which club? State?

---

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 06, 2019 04:26PM
RYAN68
Where is this happening at? Which club? State?

This sounds like a nation wide class to me. I wonder if a pace tractor will be used?

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 06, 2019 09:45PM
If I'm not mistaken, the above post is for Darke County Tractor Pullers in Western Ohio/eastern Indiana.

The rules package should be similar to Indiana Pulling League.

12000 lb, 10 mph, steel flywheel, top cuts allowed.

Rules and dates should be on DCTPA website soon.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 02:55AM
The class was approved last night at the DCTPA meeting. As smokin4250 said the pulls will be in East Central Indiana and West Central Ohio (Winchester, IN, Greenville Ohio area). This will be a points pull for DCTPA. Please call or text 765-576-1250 or email jjmks4@gmail.com for any questions or check the DCTPA website. I will be uploading the rules and locations. Thanks for all the inquires and please spread the word. Thanks, Jerimy.

DCTPA Farm Stock Rules

1. Weight: 12,000
2. 10 mph
3. 3000 rpm.Tractor must have an ISSPRO single magnetic attached to the front of the engine to measure engine rpm’s. The lead from the pick-up to the rear of the
tractor is to be made of 14-16 gauge wire attached to a 110v, 3 prong female electrical outlet.
4. No cubic inch limit
5. No Duals. 20.8x38 or 18.4x42 top cut allowed. No front cuts allowed
6. Wide front end only
7. Air shut off required
8. Tractor must have an operator controlled fuel shut off valve (not the injection pump shut off)
9. Wheelie Bars Required. (Must be able to support tractor)
10. Steel flywheel required
11. Deadman throttle
12. Roll cage and roll bar allowed but not required(must wear helmet and five point harness with roll cage)
13. Driver must wear long pants and leather work shoes
14. Cross bolts in the exhaust
15. Crankshaft dampner must be covered
16. Stock wheelbase
17. Fire extinguisher located by driver
18. Engine driven fans must be shrouded.
19. No vertical hitches or clevis’s allowed.
20. DCTPA judges decision on any rule will that is in question will be final.
21. All competitors will have 150 feet to get mph set. After 150 feet if competitor goes over 10mph, pull will be disqualified

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 05:35AM
I was hoping for at least 12 mph maybe 15 mph that’s a lot of tractor to haul around for 10mph but I give you credit for staying after it and getting something done

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 06:20AM
bbailey I understand where you are coming from but we had to start somewhere. Thanks for your response. In the future, we are looking to add a lighter class but we want to see how this goes first. If you can come out and pull with us.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 09:09AM
8-10-12 it really doesn't matter. Just remember, the faster the class the more money it takes to keep up. 8 or 10 is plenty fast for a farm stock class. Stick to your guns fellas. If let let it creep up you gonna hurt yourself and the class. I've been there and seen it before. Also, it doesn't matter as much how much money you spend. Because the slower you keep it the less power matters. Just some food for thought and best wishes with your new class.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 10:34AM
The slower the more boring too. Speed limits are the bread lines of the pulling world.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 11:03AM
Some of us can only afford to pull speed limit classes....I have 16K in a 12 MPH tractor where the next step up around here would cost me 50K and it probably wouldn't win....Lots of pullers start in speed limit classes and move on up if they can afford it..

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 11:28AM
That's exactly right! The only way to keep things in check is to limit speed. Plain and simple. If someone wants to go spend 30k on a tractor to compete in the speed limit classes, then let them waist their money. The problem is too many people move up and forget where they come from. Think they are too good to pull lower level classes. Some of the most enjoyable times are playing on the good ol antiques. And yes there are many people enjoy watching the local farm stockers and antiques. Don't give in to the naysayers. Pull even 8 mph. I promise you will have just as much fun and won't break the bank doing so. Also almost everyone has a chance to win.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 11:38AM
Money wins. No matter what class. Speed limits don't even up @#$%&.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 12:12PM
You can say it doesn't matter all day long, however we have taken tractors right from the farm and unhook them from the plow or disc and go and compete and win against some tractors that were running hot and even some with GPS on them and still beat them with a true stock tractor. I've seen it happen many times. I know the speed limit thing does work.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 12:22PM
Looks like a copy cat of another set of rules , all but the tires, of another club. Must have seen it works

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 12:42PM
Just an observer the rules are remotely close to the IPL class. I spoke with them about this to get information to put something into place in this area. We are just trying to offer something to where pullers can get a chance to pull closer to home. I guess I don’t understand why people are bashing this or saying things about this in a negative way. If you don’t want to do it then you don’t have to. We know this is not for everyone. And that’s OK. For the ones that do want to be involved hopefully will have a lot of fun.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 12:50PM
Not bashing at all. I think it's a good thing. More places to pull tractors. I just wish rules were the same , so everyone could play. Just like ntpa and ppl superfarm rules. They need to work together, instead of trying to win tractors over .

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 12:49PM
This just makes it obvious that this actually does work even tho a lot of ppl whine about speed limits and how boring it is. It seems to be working just fine with a certain organization...... I mean goin in to year 3 class numbers are doubling and the class is getting a lot of positive attention because of the affordability.... and it even attracts the attention of other classes that sit and watch it...... so call it what you want to the ones that get bored with it...... but if you want pulling to continue they may be the only stufff that will end up staying alive in the pulling world

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 12:57PM
Just an observer wasn’t meaning you On bashing the site. I think it’s a good thing also. A lot of NTPA and PPL guys got their start pulling farm stock. But I would like to know what rules would limit the one from going from class to class. We tried to make this so that they could pull both places. Thanks for the support

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 01:08PM
I think myself speed limit ought to be from start to finish, and tire size shouldn't matter. Bigger tires don't always win. Just my opinion is all.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 01:22PM
Yea from what I seen 20.8x38s won 2 years in a row, plenty of guys with 42 inch tires that had opportunity. And there’s a few 18.4x38 tractors that are a force to reckon with....the driver is what wins it in the end

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 01:37PM
Imitation is the best form of flattery. Not bad for a bunch of lowly brush pullers.... Right Enforcer??

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 01:45PM
Thankfully we are allowing 20.8x38 and 18.4x42. Also 18.4x38. Lol

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 01:52PM
Why have a tire limit? Guys can pick up old tires cheap. Who cares how big of tire they run it's only 10mph.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 02:03PM
It’s a rule that we thought we needed to enforce. We know there may be some that it may not work out for but that’s what We decided.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 02:16PM
I should have specified 20.8X42

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 08, 2019 01:16AM
Joe Moore
Why have a tire limit? Guys can pick up old tires cheap. Who cares how big of tire they run it's only 10mph.

Because 20.8 wide tires are enough and make for a level playing field....Most of the tractors in MPH classes only had 18.4 or 20.8 wide tires when new...38 inch 9 hole dual rims are everywhere...We don't need 24.5x32 or 30.5x32 tires in a MPH class..Go build for an unlimited speed class if you feel the need for wide tires..

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 08, 2019 02:44AM
BTW because maybe you should do some fact checking before you spout off. Joe has a light pro stock that goes fast. He also with his family pulls farm stock. Plus he is vice president of IPL. What are your credentials.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 08, 2019 04:38AM
Joe Moore Fan
BTW because maybe you should do some fact checking before you spout off. Joe has a light pro stock that goes fast. He also with his family pulls farm stock. Plus he is vice president of IPL. What are your credentials.

My credentials are I've pulled a variety of tractors for lots of years...I've pulled 3 MPH thru 12 MPH classes with lots of different tractors with tire size limits from 13.6x38 up to 20.8x42..There are 5 different associations within 4 hours and none allow larger than 20.8x42's in their MPH classes......The majority have voted and don't want big tires in these classes..There are plenty of other classes offered for big tires and big wallets..I have a LLSS with 30.5's for my go fast needs..

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 02:27PM
Time will tell if your tire size rule is a waste of time and effort. I say it will prove to be pointless.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 07, 2019 11:15PM
This is typical for these guys. Look what they did with hot farm allowing 540 and 24.5 tires in the class. That class already exists it's called Light Pro. Making rules for the few. SMH

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 08, 2019 02:33AM
I have kept silent for fear of giving the keyboard pullers substance for criticism. I think you have done a great job in starting this new venture. Keep up the good work! KLG

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 08, 2019 04:13AM
I think what most forget is these aren't out of field stock tractors. These are budget built pulling tractors for an entry level class. Speed limit is a great equalizer to horsepower. For those complaining about speed limits fine don't watch or participate. The fastest growing and one of the most competitive classes we have in IPL is our farmstock. Most people start somewhere and this is a $3 corn class not $7 corn class. Oh and we will be running 30.5 old school firestones on our farmstock this year.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 08, 2019 07:13AM
I second that Goose!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2019 07:15AM by turbo.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 09, 2019 02:13AM
Great set of rules and good for them. From pulling and watching for years the tractor that’s going to win usually with today’s sleds is the one that can go all the way down the track and be right at 10mph or 9.9. The guy that is 9 mph won’t get as far because the sled will react faster on the guy that is slower and stop him sooner. The faster guy the sled takes a bit longer to react letting them get further down track. So if a stock tractor can run right at 10 mph and have enough to horse it it will beat the guy with higher horsepower that is running 9 mph and spins out when the sled hits.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 09, 2019 03:06AM
ody we do have rules 3000 RPM 2.7 Turbo our tractors and your tractors will not blow up we've been pulling this way for 10 years and not one tractor has blowed up unless you build it wrong this won't be the tractor pulling it will be a driver driving I understand your thinking but we let the tractors pull and the true winner does win do you put an arm behind a boxer let him fight with one arm we love our class and so does our fans we do have a very tough class most including me should be hot Farm and we always have a floating finish no cut tires and stock appearance and I noticed somebody wants cut tires why would you want cut tires with a speed limit and I wish you guys well

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 08, 2019 03:24AM
Been there
8-10-12 it really doesn't matter. Just remember, the faster the class the more money it takes to keep up. 8 or 10 is plenty fast for a farm stock class. Stick to your guns fellas. If let let it creep up you gonna hurt yourself and the class. I've been there and seen it before. Also, it doesn't matter as much how much money you spend. Because the slower you keep it the less power matters. Just some food for thought and best wishes with your new class.

you are exactly right, and the ones that usually vote for faster mph, bigger pumps, bigger turbos etc will leave the class in a year anyways. after that you are left with 8 1466's and one 4440 cause your running a super farm motor in a stock class to compete.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 09, 2019 02:33PM
As a resident of Southwest Ohio I’m very excited about this new class! I’m a farmstock puller myself and I love seeing the small low budget pullers right alongside the $250k pro stock tractors. I hope this class takes off and a lighter class can be added in the future.

Just out of curiosity:
Why are cut tires allowed?

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 09, 2019 04:00AM
What size pump what size turbo are you guys w8anting to run

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 08, 2019 01:59AM
Good job, guys. I know that a very slow speed limit can kill a class, but 10mph is a good start. Like others have said, keep a limit on it, and it should be a relatively affordable class with large numbers. All the best!

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 08, 2019 03:08AM
Thanks Goose and Kevin. All we have to do now is get pullers to commit to running the points. If anyone wants to to do this please contact jjmks4@gmail.com or text, call 765-576-1250. Excited for the future. Thanks, Jerimy

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 08, 2019 04:36AM
I watched the video,the longest pulls were from tractors with more power in higher gear,than most,true farm stock tractors were 30 - 40 ft back. That being said speed does limit somewhat,about 20% of the time a smaller engine with mostly stock parts going less than the speed limit most of the distance pulled will win,power,rpms and drivers with more HP will out pull 80 -90% of the time wether at 4 mph or ten.Speed limit only limits the lesser tractors not ones that can rpm up to keep more speed longer. Facts my friends,can't argue with reality.However power alone does not win pulls,judgement calls on weight placement,when to give er the beans,where on the track,how much air pressure and what gear,hitch height,how the track changes,(we don't get hot laps)so being an attentive driver with experience and knowing your tractor does play a huge role,but most will choose the higher powered rig,if you can.Set -- up,-- set up!!!!!!!

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 08, 2019 04:25AM
sorry but I think speed limits are stupid the crowd loves our class without a speed limit the crowd loves speed not antique tractor pulling

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 08, 2019 11:27AM
Tony DeLuca
sorry but I think speed limits are stupid the crowd loves our class without a speed limit the crowd loves speed not antique tractor pulling

Tony,how do you think lots of NTPA,PPL,Outlaw,and state level pullers first got their start? Lots started out with classic or farm stock tractors in MPH classes..They sure didnt start out on a 4000 horsepower 4 turbo Super Stock....There has to be starter classes..In the current Hook Magazine theres a picture of NTPA Pro Stock puller Danny Schmucker pulling a 6 MPH John Deere G.....He enjoys all levels of the sport as do many of us..I'm more relaxed pulling a 3-4-5 MPH class than I am when I'm pulling one that goes 25 MPH and will eventually blow up..I have many friends that wouldn't be pulling if it weren't for speed limit classes..

Sure,most crowds love no speed limit classes but theres a place for speed limit classes..Some associations start with 10-12 MPH classes and have plenty of classes that see speeds of 20-30 MPH to make the fans happy...Some of the largest crowds I have ever seen at NTPA pulls or any other pulls were back in the 1970's when there was a 6-7 MPH speed limit with a pace tractor...Now,even speed doesn't draw the huge crowds like it once did..

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 08, 2019 01:08PM
My honest opinion.. NTPA and PPL are missing the boat, and ultimately will see a slow death. People wonder why county fairs cannot keep pulls around.. Associations cater to the bigger HP classes, and forget about their roots. They need to have feeder classes to get people interested. Maybe not at every pull, especially your big time pulls (BG, Tomah, Hillsboro, etc). Can't count how many times listening to people in the stands wish for a more "stock" class at pulls, not because they don't appreciate a 2000hp tractor running 25-30mph down the track, but because they want to see the color battle and an actual pull, like it used to be, not whoever has the biggest checkbook.

But there's no reason that this can't happen at regional or smaller pulls, a more stock class could easily be added. You can have a $30k "National" show with 35 hooks and drag that out for 3-4 hours, why not add a $800 class of farm stockers, get another 10-15 hooks, ram em through, and the crowd will appreciate it. You get a farm stock type class in front a big crowd, and give them recognition, that is just gonna build a fire inside that guy to want more. Next thing you know, their in the shop building something bigger and wallah, you have a new competitor in the SF, LSS, 4.1 or whatever class.

Our club added a 10mph Farm Stock class last year, it's been a great success. The crowd appreciates it, seeing a 10mph class as well as a 30mph 4.1 LP class on the same night, and it doesn't break the promoters bank account. Diversity is a good thing in truck and tractor pulling.

My $.02..

---

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 09, 2019 12:15AM
Very well said. I do agree that you can be 'too slow', but pick a happy medium where a decent show is put on without breaking the bank. I've always said that it is not necessarily the cost of building the tractor, it is the constant cost of maintaining it that hurts! Cheers!

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 09, 2019 01:33AM
Yep I agree also

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 09, 2019 07:18AM
Tony DeLuca

Who do you pull with, Tony?

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 08, 2019 09:56AM
Tony, so you know how everyone thinks,what they like,want and so on. Well then you must be a politication.A mixture of classes works well,we don't eat steak every meal.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 09, 2019 03:40AM
t 'n't eat steak everyday I live paycheck to paycheck my new email got put in the wrong place just what I think and we are gaining classes at fairs the only thing that I think everybody should have a steel flywheel my opinion let these tractors run do you run 7 cylinders in a drag race we let our tractors have the bragging rights not the driver saying I outdrove you and I'm not here to piss nobody off these are our rules and I honor yours

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 08, 2019 03:37PM
My 2 cents. This is going to be my first year to be behind the wheel in 40 years and I can barely contain the excitement. I will be pulling a "farm stock" tractor, because right now that's all I can afford and I have no desire to be more than a farm stock puller. I can agree with the need for the speed limits and the rpm's being governed. I've spend hours watching all the different farm stock classes that I can find on YouTube. One thing I can say is that many of these farm stock tractors haven't been in the field for a long time,and that's ok. Getting to my point, a farm stock tractor would not be allowed to pull in a farm stock class. There are no farm tractors in the field with wheelie bars, rpm sensors, kill switches, etc. I have a rule that was used for farm stock tractors in a few places I pulled at in the late 70's. Sit on the line wide open for 30 seconds, I wonder how many of the farm stocks today would stay together. I do not expect there's any chance of me winning, but at the same time I don't expect to be last due to the DQ's.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 09, 2019 02:36AM
Massey- man,go out enjoy,do it to have fun,let it grow on you and please don't be negative about winning or not before you go. positve energy is the best not matter how you finish,but put in the level of work and money and inteterst you can justify and play,laugh,share with friends,make new ones and enjoy.Pay attention to details,learn to "read the track",weight placement compared to others that pull ahead of you and become very knowledgable about your tractor,become one with your ride while working,massaging and driving your rig,it is more fun that way for me and others that have passion.Learn air pressure,driving style and how to tweek inches and feet into your distance without money added.A mid mount weight bar is a 50% forgiver,a hundred lbs from front to rear is a lot,so sometimes if not sure,put it in the middle,you can only be half wrong. LOL Let's warm this darned cold weather up,already had a cancelled pull in Waterloo.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 09, 2019 06:57AM
Been pulling for 36 years. Never seen anyone hold something wide open on the line for any amount of time for a rule. Speed limits are a false sense of security for pullers and a product of low participation by tech committees.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 10, 2019 10:37PM
Mr. xyz, perhaps I sounded negative but that is far from the case I have so excitement built inside I'm about to pop. Thanks for your words. I pulled every weekend for about 4 years in the 70's. My dad owned on of the sleds and we went all over Ky, area, it was a BLAST. I remember the Kentuckian when it was a single engine and pulled at the county fairs. I wasn't much into modified tractors but still though it was class act even then.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 11, 2019 12:31AM
Massey Man , you wouldn't by chance be kin to Eugene Hourigan would you, i grew up in th 70s also in Ky.Eugene had a sled back in those days an use to do all the county fairs around here.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 11, 2019 12:24PM
No, my grand-father and father owned and operated Cole & Tuttle Imp. (Massey- Ferguson Dealer in White Mills Ky.).

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class January 18, 2022 08:53PM
Anderson Farms & Trucking
Massey Man , you wouldn't by chance be kin to Eugene Hourigan would you, i grew up in th 70s also in Ky.Eugene had a sled back in those days an use to do all the county fairs around here.

I know this is an old thread but Eugene is my grandpas brother. Bobby was my grandpa. Miss him a lot

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 11, 2019 01:07AM
Hey there Garlon
Are you gonna take the ol girl back home next weekend?

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 11, 2019 12:21PM
Yes, I am. I was going to send you pictures with the roll bar on it when I get home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2019 12:25PM by massey-man.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 11, 2019 03:12AM
Here is a list of the points pulls for this coming year. Please let me know if you want to run for the points. Cost is $50 for membership and $25 to run for the points. Total would be $75 for the year. Call or text 765-576-1250 or email jjmks4@gmail.com also you can go DCTPA and contact them. Thanks for all your support, Jerimy

12,000 DCTPA Farm Stock Pulls

Red Key, Indiana
Saturday June 8
4:00 p.m. Start

Greenville, Ohio
Saturday July 13
10:00 a.m. Start

Union City, Ohio
Saturday August 3
1:00 p.m. Start

Greenville, Ohio
Tuesday August 20
10:00 a.m. Start, 2 Tracks

Palestine, Ohio
Monday September 2 (Labor Day)

Lynn, Indiana
Saturday September 7
7:00 p.m. Start

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 11, 2019 01:32PM
I used to pull a lot of the farm stock classes with the speed limits 3,4,5 6, 8, and 10 mph and was very competitive. We had a great bunch of pullers and had a lot of fun. But now it's not the same and not near the fun. The reason why is because the difference in the sled and weight transfers of today with the hydraulic push down on the back of the pan. Todays sleds are designed for a light sled in the first 150 feet so the puller can get up a lot of speed, then dumps a huge amount of weight on the pan to stop them around 300. 150 feet - 20 to 30 mph, 300 feet stopped. You hook a tractor on there at 10 mph or less, it seems as if everyone stops very shortly after the pan drops, and everyone is within 5 to 10 feet of one another. Who ever trys to push the horn the hardest with out blowing it, and has the most speed up when the pan drops will always be the winner. When that pan drops it seems to have enough downforce to stop a 30,000 lb tractor and that is why everyone stops in such a tight bunch. Gone are the days where you get your tire pressure right, just the right balance, you come up to that hole where everyone else is spinning out, and you go off to the side of it, or straddle the other holes, your front end picks up, and you walk right through and put another 30, or 50 feet on the whole field. I'm sure a lot of you have experienced this and it's the best feeling when you make a pull like that. So my opinion, drop sleds and speed limit pulls don't interest me anymore. I wish you success, but I sure it would be much greater with an old style sled without the pushdown pan. PS The people that put on the pull at the Drake County Fair in Greenville 10 to 20 years ago was the greatest bunch of people I have ever pulled with. And they probably still are. They used to make power track that you couldn't get enough weight on the front.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 11, 2019 02:11PM
Just fyi, the highly advanced sleds of today are actually better than the old ones. A good sled operator can and will adjust his sled for the speed limit classes so that the sled reacts slower which doesn't hit the slower tractors near as hard. Which in turn puts on a better show.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 11, 2019 11:58PM
Agree. They can drop the skid early and use less weight in the box, use the limit chains so the skid doesn't fully engage the grousers, lots of things they can do. In my opinion, of the sleds I have pulled, the Bungart operators are the best at doing this. have seen them drop the pan at 125-150 feet and bring you to the smoothest stop using the weight in the box. Don't even feel the pan drop.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 12, 2019 04:58AM
Had a change in dates. The Red Key pull date has changed. Please note this on your calendars. Thanks

12,000 DCTPA Farm Stock Pulls

Red Key, Indiana
Saturday June 15
4:00 p.m. Start

Greenville, Ohio
Saturday July 13

Union City, Ohio
Saturday August 3
1:00 p.m. Start

Greenville, Ohio
Tuesday August 20
10:00 a.m. Start, 2 Tracks

Palestine, Ohio
Monday September 2 (Labor Day)

Lynn, Indiana
Saturday September 7
7:00 p.m. Start

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 12, 2019 05:51AM
My experience with Bungart is it depends on which direction the wind is blowing whether they stop a speed limit class gently or if they slam them. I pulled them twice within one week last summer and once I was slammed hard and the other they stopped us with the box like they should for a speed limit class. It seems like if they are being lazy and just want to get the pull over with they will slam with the pan instead of using more weight and no pushdown.

But yes, I agree that those sleds and operators are capable of bringing a speed limit tractor to smooth stop, IF THEY WANT TO.

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 12, 2019 08:32AM
Drew,I agree,they can stop slow classes with finesse and slow pan drop,but mostly do not,lazy is the word,most don't move weights in the sled anymore,sit and laugh at smaller,slower 4-5 mph tractors.No speed limit classes that is fine,however with low weight tractors at slow speeds we are all in a three foot range.We have voted to not have a drop pah sled at some big National pulls,but they still have em.Old fashioned isn't always bad,but the operators have to want to do a liitle adjustment on settings.Where is spring weather?

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 13, 2019 12:50AM
I agree--Bungart operators are tops!

Re: MPH Farm Stock Class February 12, 2019 07:39AM
Hey Jeremy FYI Membership is 25 Points is 50
Tony Tres, DCTPA

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM