Who bought this tractor? February 24, 2019 09:28AM
A puller from Colorado named Bill Williams ran a JD 5010. This tractor has been in the retired tractor museum at Bowling Green and looks like it was bought by someone from Ohio and ran a few years. Does anyone know the name of the puller from Ohio who bought that tractor and what years it ran in OSTPA?
Thanks.

Re: Who bought this tractor? February 24, 2019 10:35AM
Tractor was built by Doug Russell! First 5010 in the 7ss class. Don't quote me but I believe last I knew Jim Dewitt owned it. Called the storm tracker!

Re: Who bought this tractor? February 24, 2019 11:52AM
GirbachA
Tractor was built by Doug Russell! First 5010 in the 7ss class. Don't quote me but I believe last I knew Jim Dewitt owned it. Called the storm tracker!

I saw Bill pull the 5010 JD several times and I can only remember it being in the 9SS,12SS,and 12 Unlimited classes...His 4010 was one of the first in the LSS class..I think the 5010 went to Shelbyville,KY when Bill quit pulling it..After that I don't know..

Re: Who bought this tractor? February 24, 2019 12:28PM
If it was the one in Shelbyville, that would have been Dave Perry-- the tractor in Shelbyville was named " Rated PG " Dave an his son n law Bob Gravitt ran it, it was sold but i dont know where it went.

Re: Who bought this tractor? February 26, 2019 07:09AM
Doug Drussell built the 4010 and 5010 for Bill Williams. The 4010 was the first 4010 to get into the 5 and the 5010 was the first to get into the 7. The 4010 (Parts of it) went to Doug Roberts. The 5010 I don't know forsure where it went but this tractor showed up around NW Ohio (owned by jim dewitt) and was at the museum in BG a couple times. I asked Mr Dewitt if Drussell had a hand in this tractor and Mr Dewitt just smiled. I just assume this is the tractor.

Re: Who bought this tractor? February 26, 2019 10:12AM
Yes this was Bill Williams 5010 and it passed through Kentucky on its way to my shop. It's still in the barn and looks a lot dustier than the picture. I never really learned the entire history of the tractor and wish I would have had the chance to talk with Bill about that.

Re: First 4010 in 5000 SS February 26, 2019 12:09PM
Roy Tallon

Tallon got one down to 5000 lbs in 1969, though there wasn't much left. See link for story and photos. Not sure when Bill Williams 4010 first ran in the 5.

Re: First 4010 in 5000 SS February 26, 2019 02:16PM
thanks for the link and the reading it is neat to see how things have changed and what was done in the day to compete

Re: Who bought this tractor? February 26, 2019 01:04PM
JimmyD
Yes this was Bill Williams 5010 and it passed through Kentucky on its way to my shop. It's still in the barn and looks a lot dustier than the picture. I never really learned the entire history of the tractor and wish I would have had the chance to talk with Bill about that.

How does one get a 5010 down to 7000 lbs with the rear end being as heavy as it is?

Re: Who bought this tractor? February 26, 2019 02:24PM
JimmyD. I believe Bryan Conner worked for doug Drussell at the time it was built. Bryan might remember somethings about it?

Re: Who bought this tractor? February 27, 2019 09:26AM
When I got the tractor it weighed north of 7900# . I had some help with creative machine work and lots of grinding wheels to get it to 7500# including me! If anyone has any more history on this I welcome any input you may have. I do know it ran at Louisville on occasion and around Colorado but not much beyond that.

Re: Who bought this tractor? February 28, 2019 10:09AM
JimmyD do some research on Google for Doug Drussel Sedalia Colorado last I knew he was still up in the mountains. Yes he did build both the 4010 and 5010 for Bill Williams I was in the shop numerous times while both were being built but don't remember a lot of the details do to it being 50+ years ago. Doug was as close to genius as you can get. Some things I remember Doug building; A tow vehicle that was a Ford van body on a one ton dually chassis with a turbo charged vt903 cummins for power. A 5000lb Modified with a v-8 turbo charged tank motor for power. A JD 4430 SS 466 w/3 chargers and 10 ply Firestones that was under 6500lbs with driver. Doug also built and rode a proto type Rokon motorcycle from scratch, before Rokon went under so it never went into Production. Also designed and built a centrifical clutch for of road dirt bikes. If you can contact him via phone he is a gold mine of information.

Re: Who bought this tractor? June 16, 2020 11:36AM
i sold him the tractor from shelbyville ky name was rated pg we finally got it down to 7500lb with driver then sold it when got devorced pulled all around ky ohio and nat,farm show

Re: Who bought this tractor? November 04, 2023 11:04PM
Any contact info for the owner of the 5010 or where it is now ?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,700, Posts: 229,800, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard