Spring weather May 16, 2019 05:25AM
How is everyone coming with planting. In southern Indiana we are still pretty wet. Got 200 acres of corn in ground. No beans. Might try to run planting beans Sunday. Got a lot to go.

Re: Spring weather May 16, 2019 11:47AM
Haven’t turned a wheel here. They are calling for another inch too.

Re: Spring weather May 16, 2019 11:02PM
I'm about 45 min. north of St. Louis Mo. nothing done here, It's so wet you get stuck mowing the yard.

Re: Spring weather May 17, 2019 02:37AM
Hard to find dry fields more rain coming Sunday through next week

Re: Spring weather May 17, 2019 05:11AM
Have 3/4 of our corn in which most was planted in April. Rain every few days. Ground is wet. I disked some river bottom this morning which was wetter than I like. Then the rain came again. Not much planted in this area and farmers wanted to start making baleage this weekend. That's not going to happen. Wetter here than last year. We made a pull last Sat. and might this Sat. if it doesn't get rained out. That's here in Northern Pa.. Good luck to all.

Re: Spring weather May 17, 2019 01:39PM
in far northern central Indiana, monsoonal rains continue to make soil even wetter and with bigger field ponds. What very little has been planted was far from ideal. First planted exceeds 2 weeks emergence. Lawn grass is dark green & needs lots of mowing. Being a spring here like I've never seen before. It's raining again. '96 was also horrible.

Re: Spring weather May 17, 2019 02:01PM
Just south of Des Moines we are done with Corn and Beans. Had 3 n half in of rain last night. We have been lucky most of the bad weather has been north and south of us.

Re: Spring weather May 18, 2019 05:57AM
SW Wisconsin had a lot of corn planted this week in horrible planting conditions only so it could down pour Friday night and wash a quite a bit of it out. Most of the bean stubble ground going into corn had an inch dry crust with solid mud under use guys were very lightly working it with something to break the crust and dry out only to have it get rained on again

Re: Spring weather May 21, 2019 01:30AM
One week ago we had very little planted started planting when it was too wet and most are more than half done with a few done. rain back again today and forecasted for all week. If the forecast holds true Looks like the last 30 or 40% of corn in this area with either be planted in June or switch to beans, and/or prevent planting We normally plant here the second half of April Northeast. Nebraska

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,674, Posts: 229,772, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,077, Posts: 225,945.

Our newest member Jason