Gun Powder and Lead / Commander at TomahWh June 21, 2019 05:33AM
What happen to these two tractors that they scratched this afternoon

Re: Gun Powder and Lead / Commander at TomahWh June 21, 2019 05:38AM
Commander I am not sure about, but Marcus had what sounded like a backfire that’s stopped him abruptly.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Chizek? June 21, 2019 08:41AM
From last night's livestream, I thought they said both Terry and Josh Blackbourn were there.

All 3 Chizek LSS and the newest v6 Open SS are NTPA legal. Did Mr. Chizek bar the Blackbourns from running any of his tractors at NTPA events (even though 2/3 are legal)?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2019 08:42AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Chizek? June 21, 2019 09:23AM
Blackbourn’s were there to help the Spiegelberg’s. Yes, sounds like Chizek doesn’t want them running NTPA.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Chizek? June 21, 2019 03:44PM
I don't see how having 5 tractors running for points is a win for anyone. Ten pullers last night and 3 were Hull's. Tell me how the class is better now than it was in the past?

Re: Gun Powder and Lead / Commander at TomahWh June 21, 2019 09:26AM
What’s the V-6?

Re: Gun Powder and Lead / Commander at TomahWh June 21, 2019 09:36AM
I wouldn’t ran either if two of my heavys got kicked out for bs reasons.

Re: Gun Powder and Lead / Commander at TomahWh June 21, 2019 12:09PM
why,-- you must have never competed in an honorable club

Re: Gun Powder and Lead / Commander at TomahWh June 21, 2019 02:21PM
Enforcing the rules for once is a bs reason?

Re: Gun Powder and Lead / Commander at TomahWh June 22, 2019 08:18AM
MG1206
What’s the V-6?

Considered Armed & Dangerous HD

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Gun Powder and Lead / Commander at TomahWh June 22, 2019 09:46AM
John Murray

What’s the V-6?

HD is an inline 6

Re: Gun Powder and Lead / Commander at TomahWh June 22, 2019 10:45PM
Andre Bedard

What’s the V-6?

HD is an inline 6

Andre, I went on the assumption that MG1206 was just talking about the 6-cylinder--regardless of configuration.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Gun Powder and Lead / Commander at TomahWh June 21, 2019 01:57PM
We saw hootman working underneath the Commander after last night's show. Not sure what was wrong. Hats off to the red thunder team. They were awesome

Re: Gun Powder and Lead / Commander at TomahWh June 21, 2019 02:45PM
Give me a break if they wanted to enforce it they should have nipped it in the ass back when the crazy Canuck tried it not when terry tried it just because he figured it out and got them running strong.

Re: Gun Powder and Lead / Commander at TomahWh June 21, 2019 02:51PM
Then why didn't they?

Re: Gun Powder and Lead / Commander at TomahWh June 21, 2019 03:16PM
It was completely legal when Patrice and Pierre built their tractor so it wasn't an issue of "enforcement". They enforce the rules at the time as written. There was nothing illegal about what the Beaudry's did.

As for why it wasn't nipped in the bud... Why wasn't the Prostock cubic inch problem nipped in the bud? Why wasn't the Superfarm cubic inch limit nipped in the bud? Why wasn't the hemi overdrive limit nipped in the bud? Why wasn't the cross dressing tractor issue nipped in the bud? Why wasn't the Hypermax block nipped in the bud? We could go on and on with bad rules.

Um... the answer is the same for ALL those issues. The leaders in the sport have zero foresight. None. In all those issues they didn't look past the present. They looked at what they had and didn't look any further.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Gun Powder and Lead / Commander at TomahWh June 21, 2019 03:26PM
Jake Morgan
It was completely legal when Patrice and Pierre built their tractor so it wasn't an issue of "enforcement". They enforce the rules at the time as written. There was nothing illegal about what the Beaudry's did.

As for why it wasn't nipped in the bud... Why wasn't the Prostock cubic inch problem nipped in the bud? Why wasn't the Superfarm cubic inch limit nipped in the bud? Why wasn't the hemi overdrive limit nipped in the bud? Why wasn't the cross dressing tractor issue nipped in the bud? Why wasn't the Hypermax block nipped in the bud? We could go on and on with bad rules.

Um... the answer is the same for ALL those issues. The leaders in the sport have zero foresight. None. In all those issues they didn't look past the present. They looked at what they had and didn't look any further.

Exactly, thanks for making my point.

I guess "why" will have to go to PPL pulls now.

Re: Gun Powder and Lead / Commander at TomahWh June 21, 2019 03:49PM
So when did the rules change? What year?

Re: Gun Powder and Lead / Commander at TomahWh June 22, 2019 12:05AM
So it was legal when crazy Canuck did it but not when chizek did it? I’m not sure when the rules changed or why, but Chizek has been running these V8s for 10 years!! To outlaw someone who had supported the class all that time is ridiculous. But the class numbers speak for themselves. Just watch PPL results

Your answer June 22, 2019 12:14AM
LSS Fan
So it was legal when crazy Canuck did it but not when chizek did it? I’m not sure when the rules changed or why, but Chizek has been running these V8s for 10 years!! To outlaw someone who had supported the class all that time is ridiculous. But the class numbers speak for themselves. Just watch PPL results

The Tech section of the NTPA website may have your answer. It may even be written in red letters.

Here's a question for you: Through sometime in the early 90s, NTPA TWD rules allowed engines up to 650 ci at the GN level and 575 ci at PN and RN level. When NTPA changed the rule to be 575 ci across the board, was that "ridiculous," to use your term? I mean, guys like Nation and Brockmann had been running 650s for years.

To follow your own logic, is it ridiculous when NHRA, NASCAR, or Indy Car make rule changes that cause Schumacher and Force, Hendrick, or Penske to change engines or chassis they've ran for years?

Hey Jake or Richard, how many replies on this thread with different user names have the same IP address?

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2019 12:49AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Your answer June 22, 2019 01:25AM
Well no tractor pulling organization (PPL or NTPA) is going to be the NHRA or NASCAR. I never think that is a good comparison. And as far as the TWD class I don’t know the story, but probably not a great comparison either with there being 500 TWDs in the country. I do know that in 2016 there were 6 OSS to make all hooks, 2017 there were 4, and in 2018 there were 2. NTPA made the decision to kick out a lot of potential tractors, specifically 2 (and in effect 3) that supported the class for many years. It is a dying class, outlawing V8s isn’t going to magically make people start building new 6 cylinder open supers. Instead of enjoying the class while it is still around in the NTPA, they put another bullet in it and now the PPL has 3 more committed open supers and 3 light supers. Just my opinion

Re: Your answer June 22, 2019 02:17AM
Listen! As I have stated at least twice before on here when this Chizek SSO topic comes up, he is not running NTPA because of the 903 rule being changed.
That is NOT the issue.
It all goes back a year ago. All 5 Chizek tractors were committed to both circuits for at least the 2 previous seasons. In fact, they even won championships in each circuit within the same year.
2018 season starter started with SSO NTPA Benson AND PPL Fort Recovery on same weekend. Chizek went to Fort. NTPA took notice. All Chizek tractors then pulled at Tomah. Two key people exchanged some words concering Fort attendance. Chizek SSO did not pull NTPA then for rest of season.
So that opened the door for NTPA to finally nip the 903 rule in the butt after the Enderle.

So, LSS Fan, how many of the otherwise PPL 903's really ever came & supported the NTPA SSO class? The answer is they really did not. And as far as the TWD cubic lnch limits that were different for the different NTPA circuits, yes, that caused quite a stir. But look what it did to bring that class to uniformity and close competition. And look at overall size of class today and those pullers can easily compete on multiple circuits (unless it is a T-bucket [not allowed at PPL]).

Jake, since this thread has not stayed on original topic, if you want to move all the '903 issue' responses to you starting a new thread, do so, as I do not know how to do that.

Re: Your answer June 22, 2019 05:58AM
So you think Chizek was done with the NTPA and wouldn’t have had any of his 6 tractors at Tomah? Serious question. I do not have a horse in the race, it is just my opinion that is was a bad idea and probably a little crappy to do after how much Chizek had supported the class, whether he went to PPL a season or not. And this is coming from someone who is not a Chizek tractor fan but certainly enjoyed seeing them pull.

Re: Your answer June 22, 2019 07:38AM
LSS Fan, that is not what I said above. I simply stated the situation, but you are not comprehending it.

Have you considered after how much Chizek supported NTPA that it was his "little crappy" decision to have bailed out to go to one scheduled conflicting PPL event instead? But, hey, he is the owner and can go where he wants. His decision. So then he got hit with an unexpected consequence. Fur hit the fan. So then everyone has to live with the outcome.

Bottom line is, the class still exists and operating in the 2 major circuits. We do not need to keep beating on this topic. Leave it alone. Let's move on.

Beaudry’s got permission June 22, 2019 12:52AM
Beaudry’s got a variance from NTPA. At the time they built theirs the rules still stated TWD tractor. But once you issue one variance you open Pandora’s box. Along cane Kevin Campbell, the first to perfect the 903 and it was all downhill from there. NTPA has a chance to right a lot of wrongs with DPS finally gone, about 20 years over due in my opinion. Doubt it happens though.

Re: Beaudry’s got permission June 22, 2019 02:38PM
Chizek needs to go run Nascar or nhra. He blows more money then all the other pullers in the class. As a pull fan I like the smaller guy that works on his own stuff and works hard for his dollar. Just my opinion .

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,778, Posts: 229,951, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,035.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009