6/22/19 OSTPA Dresden, OH Videos June 23, 2019 09:48AM
Pro Stock Tractors
Light-Limited Pro Stock Tractors
TWD Trucks
Pro Stock Semis
Super Stock Tractors
SMFWD Trucks
Modified Tractors

I did not stick around to get the Limited Pro Diesel Trucks because it was after midnight until they started. Sorry about that.

Re: 6/22/19 OSTPA Dresden, OH Videos June 23, 2019 04:24PM
Thanks for posting videos!!

Re: 6/22/19 OSTPA Dresden, OH Videos June 24, 2019 01:13AM
Definitely thanks Ekauf. Your videos were far better than watching this pull live. It seems to me OSTPA which generally puts on well organized events really fell short on this one! I understand a sled broke, however when you have 2 sleds I see no reason why there should be a 5 or more minute break in the action which happened many many times throughout the evening. Also the sled operators on both sleds had to restart 2 different times each in the opening 2 classes. Rarely will you ever see this with a Stimmel owned sled. They know the pullers, tracks and classes and very rarely miss the weight settings on their equipment. Not mentioning this to e critical, just making the powers to be aware of the problem so they can do a better job next time when it comes to keeping the competition lined up and ready to back in to the sled as soon as it gets back to the start line. I also somewhat blame the pullers for not helping out in knowing who they follow so they can be ready when the guy in front of them is finished. It was a huge turnout. The fans supported the pull, the people running the pull fell way short. It amazes me how an event with so much potential could be botched as this one was. Hope next event is better run and organized. By the way, I'm not the only one who thought this. Many other people sitting around me was complaining about the same.

Re: 6/22/19 OSTPA Dresden, OH Videos June 24, 2019 03:31AM
For having 2 tracks the show was very slow. An example of that was when they were changing weights on the sleds after the first two classes. They spent 20 minutes or better getting the sled ready for Semi's when all they had to do for the SS class was drop in 2 weights and get the class started, Definitely a good crowd.

Re: 6/22/19 OSTPA Dresden, OH Videos June 24, 2019 07:18AM
Just another spectator
Definitely thanks Ekauf. Your videos were far better than watching this pull live. It seems to me OSTPA which generally puts on well organized events really fell short on this one! I understand a sled broke, however when you have 2 sleds I see no reason why there should be a 5 or more minute break in the action which happened many many times throughout the evening. Also the sled operators on both sleds had to restart 2 different times each in the opening 2 classes. Rarely will you ever see this with a Stimmel owned sled. They know the pullers, tracks and classes and very rarely miss the weight settings on their equipment. Not mentioning this to e critical, just making the powers to be aware of the problem so they can do a better job next time when it comes to keeping the competition lined up and ready to back in to the sled as soon as it gets back to the start line. I also somewhat blame the pullers for not helping out in knowing who they follow so they can be ready when the guy in front of them is finished. It was a huge turnout. The fans supported the pull, the people running the pull fell way short. It amazes me how an event with so much potential could be botched as this one was. Hope next event is better run and organized. By the way, I'm not the only one who thought this. Many other people sitting around me was complaining about the same.

As the operator of the General Tire Decision Maker sled, you're right, Josh Morgan does a great job with his sled & he surely does know the vehicles inside & out. However, the infield track was only hauled in 2 weeks before the event, and it was EXTREMELY SOFT. I dropped a gear & some trip before we ever started the show, had to run the 3rd tractor before we got an honest run to judge the sled setting. The loader was busy changing the sled from pro stock to 2wd so I moved the box back 1 hole & moved the trip all the way to the front trying to get some speed, it still wasn't enough. By then the loader was free so I took a weight out & we were good that time. The cenpeco sled did not change for the pro stocks at all, and he only changed once for 2wd. Also as we began the night, the scraper & roller operators had to find a rhythm working with each other, & my inside track had to have the starting line fixed each time because my sled was sinking in 3-4 inches & the tractors destroyed it everytime. The cenpeco sled was doing an excellent job until the allison transmission suddenly started pouring tranny fluid out if the bellhousing. No warning, no lack of maintenance, just a sudden blown out oil seal that nobody could have predicted or prevented, $#!+ happens.

So now that I have signed my name to my post & given you the facts of what really happened, what's your next complaint?

On a positive note, even with the poor track conditions & a new facility with new people who were not used to pulling, I thought all things considered they had a great first time show & I hope I can return next year!

Re: 6/22/19 OSTPA Dresden, OH Videos June 24, 2019 06:48AM
What engine setup does that diesel modified have?

Watched these last night, nice videos as always!

---

Re: 6/22/19 OSTPA Dresden, OH Videos June 26, 2019 02:29PM
I believe the diesel was a Cummins with compound turbo setup. I ran pretty good for some good ol country boys playing around.

Re: 6/22/19 OSTPA Dresden, OH Videos June 26, 2019 03:31PM
60 series Detroit. 3 tubos, 2 stages.

Re: 6/22/19 OSTPA Dresden, OH Videos June 24, 2019 01:04PM
Logan,

As a Puller I appreciate everyone's effort to put the entire pull on. The inner track was definitely too dry and loose and I'm sure very hard to get a good sled setting. It was starting to come around when the sun went down and It is unfortunate that your sled broke but I understand sometimes $hit happens! Maybe next year a backup sled might be a good Idea for this pull?
Our class pulled last (12:30 AM to 1:30 AM) on what became a very good track. I would guess 2/3 of the fans stuck it out to see an awesome field of Limited Pro Diesel trucks (22 to be exact) and we all greatly appreciate the fan's support!
Hopefully this pull will continue to grow and we will be back at the Muskingum County Speedway next year! It is a nice facility with plenty of room to park and maneuver to the scales and to the track.
Thanks to all the folks at the speedway and to everyone with the OSTPA who helped put this pull on!

Ron Kick
48 Special pulling team

Re: 6/22/19 OSTPA Dresden, OH Videos June 24, 2019 02:53PM
prostockpuller,

It wasn't our sled that broke, it was Predator Sled Rental, also from Scottdale PA. I was supposed to be at the PPL event in Michigan over the weekend so it was just a fluke that I was able to come in & help out John Creasy. (Owner of Predator Sled Rental). I hate it for John, like I said it was a complete surprise what happened to his, and yes $#!+ happens to the best of us. John has done a lot of work & made several changes to that sled since he purchased it last year & it is really coming around for him as evident in the three classes he was able to complete Saturday night.

You're right about the fans, I was impressed at the size of the crowd & how many stuck it out, I think if the speedway sticks with it, this will be a premiere event for the Buckeye state!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard