Removing 2 speed from quad range transmission July 14, 2019 01:43PM
Curious if it is possible to basically turn a quad range transmission i to a syncro by taking the 2 speed planetary out? If im thinking correctly. A syncro input shaft should male it work.

Re: Removing 2 speed from quad range transmission July 14, 2019 11:51PM
I am curious why you are thinking about doing this. A properly built main clutch and quad will break the trans before it even thinks about slipping.

You are correct, swapping in a sychro input will get the job done and don’t forget the install the plug in the quad feed port and the 1/16” pipe plug on the back of the clutch piston housing that feeds oil to shift the quad on certain one depending on what tractor you’re working with.

Re: Removing 2 speed from quad range transmission July 15, 2019 09:48AM
The high side wiped clear out of it. Wore really bad into the drum. Currently looking for a 4010 or 4020 bellhousing and back so i dont have to worry about the wet clutch anymore. An imput shaft is way cheaper to limp it through the rest of thos season than rebuilding the 2 speed.

Re: Removing 2 speed from quad range transmission July 15, 2019 09:48PM
How much power are you putting to it?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009