Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 16, 2019 04:19AM
[www.youtube.com]

Check out this European Massey Ferguson at the 1:25 minute mark..I assume this is a 3000 rpm single charger tractor?? I've heard multi turbo higher rpm tractors unwind like this one but never a 3000 rpm one..

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 16, 2019 09:17AM
Actually it’s only at 2700rpm. They turn some big old turbos in the Limited rpm classes abroad. Around 4” on little 4 cylinder 336ci motors at 2700rpm too!

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 16, 2019 10:10AM
How do they spin that? What turbo and who makes it. Why do they use a 4 cylinder?

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 16, 2019 10:35AM
4 cylinders usually have a bigger displacement per cylinder than six cylinders and hit a harder lick when they fire

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 16, 2019 01:32PM
With a longer pulse duration that lets them flop on the big end.

CP

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 16, 2019 01:45PM
Or lug it out the gate with all that torque from the longer stroke and bore than a 6

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 16, 2019 02:53PM
They use 4 cylinders because it’s a 4 cylinder class....

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 16, 2019 03:04PM
What turbo and where is it made

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 16, 2019 03:08PM
They do their own turbo’s

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 17, 2019 06:21AM
The tractor is running an 8.4L Sisu at approximately 540 cubes with an HX82 charger according to the teams website.

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 18, 2019 04:09AM
I’m a Massey fan, but the international that pulled right after him put it on him real bad lol

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 18, 2019 10:23AM
Sweet sound. Thanks for sharing. The Europeans are in a league of their own.

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 18, 2019 10:47AM
Why does everyone act like Euro Pulling is so superior to American? When Rocky and Xtreme Temptation came over, I was able to speak with them briefly at Gordyville. They claimed 4000hp, but had never had either on a dyno. Turbos are home made, I’m sure they are good, but with never dyno testing them, they can’t be as developed as a Hart’s or Wimer of equal size. Their “intercooler” was simply a 4 inch pipe that went through a water box, no ice, just ambient temp water.

I am not throwing stones, as those things run awesome in their respective classes, and both of the drivers and crews were super nice and very fun to talk to! I just honestly feel that of a person built a tractor to meet euro pro stock rules here in the states, it would be a better running machine.

Again, not throwing stones, just an honest opinion!

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 18, 2019 11:43AM
They have an American built prostock over there. It runs good but no better. Your description of the intercooler is laughable as they are more efficient than most running ice over here. Not sure if you are aware or not but a track equals 1 dyno pass at a time with results that directly translate to on track performance. Seen many a dyno king get smoked over here. Most often it just lines someone’s pockets

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 18, 2019 12:40PM
They showed me their coolers, it was a 4 inch pipe that went in, went down in some water, hooked back around, and came back out. No way that will cool the air to even ambient temps, let alone ~70ish degrees or below on 80 degree days like the big ice water intercooler that Super Farms and Pro Stocks run.

CP is either running one of their motors, or is just making exhibition passes. I have not followed that close enough to know which it is. No way he is allowed to compete in their Pro Stock class running his 680. They have those 510’s screaming, they are impressive I’m not going to say they aren’t, but no way one puts out what a 680Ci Pro motor is. Similar rules plus 170 cubes. If you think they are, then that end this convo right there. Their rules just keep the reins pulled tighter, and I’m not saying that’s a bad thing.

Lastly, if you think that you can learn as much on the track as on the dyno, when it comes to building motors and horsepower, then you have no clue what dynoing is. I agree, there are some great pullers who win a lot of events without having the most power. There are guys who beat em down on the dyno to find ever last horse, but can’t figure out how to put it to the ground and get waxed week in and week out. Horsepower most certainly is not everything. However, find a good puller who has spent the time to find a lot of power, and watch out.

Again, I am not saying Euro Pulling is bad, I love watching them on YouTube and the Euro Super Pull is a dream trip of mine. I am not saying that we can’t learn some things from Europe as far as event promotion and spectator involvement go. Also, they Rocky team was awesome to talk to at Gordy and Louisville and were extremely nice. This is in no way a bash on them or Euro Pulling in general. I just don’t understand why people think their actually pulling vehicle themselves are just automatically so much better than those in the US. For some people grass is alsways green though I guess.

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 18, 2019 01:04PM
Data all comes from a logger whether it be from a dyno or a track. At no point did I say a euro pro makes more power than a 680 pro. They are much more efficient however. CP ran his normal setup and made exhibition passes at 10000 lbs. In my previous post I wasn’t referring to CP but another American built to euro specs pro over there. It was dyno’d here and runs the euro circuit. Good running tractor but not superior to what they already have over there. By the way what did the core look like in the cooler

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 18, 2019 01:13PM
You think all a dyno and a data logger are the same thing. Point made. You have never been to a dyno and actually seen what building power and making improvements looks like if you think you can achieve the same thing with a Corsa. Data loggers are awesome in season tools. They are NOT dyno replacements.

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 18, 2019 01:24PM
Lol whatever helps you sleep

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 18, 2019 09:22PM
Honest Opinion
They showed me their coolers, it was a 4 inch pipe that went in, went down in some water, hooked back around, and came back out. No way that will cool the air to even ambient temps, let alone ~70ish degrees or below on 80 degree days like the big ice water intercooler that Super Farms and Pro Stocks run.
These "boxes" are actually water tanks. Basically air to air cores sitting in (sometimes circulating) water. They will not cool below ambient, but keep the air at +- 50 F.

Honest Opinion
CP is either running one of their motors, or is just making exhibition passes. I have not followed that close enough to know which it is. No way he is allowed to compete in their Pro Stock class running his 680. They have those 510’s screaming, they are impressive I’m not going to say they aren’t, but no way one puts out what a 680Ci Pro motor is.
When it comes to peak horsepower, it's mostly about flow and whatever the stuff below the head has to rev to get it through the engine. Shorter strokes allow for faster revs and the bore / valve size pretty much remains the same.
Low end torque however is a totally different story and "peak hp" is not what pulling is about.

Honest Opinion
I just don’t understand why people think their actually pulling vehicle themselves are just automatically so much better than those in the US. For some people grass is alsways green though I guess.
Few people here think their vehicles are "better" (= will pull further). Those who do are wearing their flags as blinders.

There are developments happening on both sides of the ocean and to stay on top of the game you have to keep a close eye on what is happening on both sides, as otherwise, you'd miss out on something. Just look how Joe Eder all of a sudden performed after having been at several European workshops this past winter (and taking some very close looks at tires and cuts here).
Not that the rest hasn't caught up rather quickly ...

What is a little different here, Tractor Pulling is not so much rooted in the farming community (rich farmers here are either highly specialized in some off crops or don't live anywhere near the pulls) but more in the industrial community and the area of Europe where Pulllig mostly happens is heavily industrialized and densely populated. Even though we pull in what we call "the country side", you are hardly ever more than 20 mls away from a full computerized machine shop or a city with more than 100,000 people.
So the access / proximity to machinery / technology etc. makes it easier to build stuff.
And be it that you often have guys on the team that do R/D, FE, CAD construction at work and also know which company in the area does what.
And if you can then offer "the local company" advertisement and VIP treatment for their costumers at the local event - you can get some things going (design in your spare time, get the material and use the 5 axis CNC after work hours or get the apprentices something to do).

The backside of the story is, that while you can often get stuff done "for yourself" here, making it a business selling pulling parts is hard, as the market (the pulling scene) is just way too small. You have a new development for a modified tractor? You will have 5 - 7 potential costumers here over 2 - 3 years.
So there is little to no sense in developing anything for the purpose of selling it. Which of course then takes the financial motivation out of the story.
But it's also a reason why those who develop parts here are trying to get into the US market where there is the numbers and money.

To sum it up: Pulling here is much more of a little R/D circus with many various prototypes than the US pulling. That makes it interesting to watch. But the competition in the US is A LOT tougher!!! If you have a bad day in Europe at a top level event you are maybe 6 - 8 places down. In the US at a top event you may be 20 down.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2019 09:43PM by Sascha.

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 18, 2019 12:28PM
Honest Opinion
Why does everyone act like Euro Pulling is so superior to American? When Rocky and Xtreme Temptation came over, I was able to speak with them briefly at Gordyville. They claimed 4000hp, but had never had either on a dyno. Turbos are home made, I’m sure they are good, but with never dyno testing them, they can’t be as developed as a Hart’s or Wimer of equal size. Their “intercooler” was simply a 4 inch pipe that went through a water box, no ice, just ambient temp water.

I am not throwing stones, as those things run awesome in their respective classes, and both of the drivers and crews were super nice and very fun to talk to! I just honestly feel that of a person built a tractor to meet euro pro stock rules here in the states, it would be a better running machine.

Again, not throwing stones, just an honest opinion!

Its not that the Europeans are superior to the US pullers but its the wide variety of stuff that they pull over there..Their Pro Stock class actually has some color in it.....Their Mods aren't all Hemi powered...90% of the time on youtube I watch European pulling....Plus as a bonus when the helmets come off its amazing how many nice looking women pull over there..Kyra Kustermans sure does a nice job on a Light Mod powered by a V-12 Continental tank engine..Allisons are still very competitive over there..Check out the video below..

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 18, 2019 12:43PM
My Opinion, now that is one thing I do agree with completely!! The amount of variety and color in Europe in every class is impressive and very entertaining. As I said in my post above, I’m not saying Euro Pulling isn’t awesome and there is nothing we can learn from them. That in no way was the point of my post.

Re: Never Heard A 3000 RPM Turbo Sound Like This One August 18, 2019 02:48PM
To many US cookie cutters Europeans has not fell into that category just yet still playing in our 80s when pulling was exciting here.Now if you have the cash just buy it theres no more inavation .Some little rich gay guy down in the bronks that' don't know what a tractor or a cow is can buy there way into a grand national champion ship from the business directory on this Sight which is great

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009