Pulling at a fair the day after a demo derby September 13, 2019 07:37AM
As a child, my county fair had their demo derby one night followed by a large NTPA Member State pull the next day. I believe that's no longer the way they schedule it, but got me wondering:

Does this still occur anywhere? If so, do the fairs do a good job cleaning debris off the track? I'd hate to be the puller who riuned a set of tires running over a sharp piece of metal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2019 07:38AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Pulling at a fair the day after a demo derby September 13, 2019 12:04PM
I would say half the tracks we pull on in Ohio has had demo derbies ran on the pulling track.It doesn't matter if it was 1 day before we pull or 1 year, we almost always find small car pieces parts when we walk the track and some places are worse than others. Rocks are also an issue on some tracks.

Re: Pulling at a fair the day after a demo derby September 13, 2019 01:11PM
Waterloo,IL has a pull after a demo derby and figure race.

Re: Pulling at a fair the day after a demo derby September 13, 2019 01:20PM
I think Henry does. He's right, the junk has to be picked up whether it's 1 day or 360 days ahead of. No easy way to do it either, just grab a bucket and start walking the track. The track has to opened up first because buried stuff always works its way to the surface. The mud could be the bigger issue, our derby promoter likes the track very wet.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,675, Posts: 229,777, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason