NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes...new update September 23, 2019 03:23AM
This weekend applications for the 2020 edition of the National Farm Machinery Show Championship Tractor Pull were in the process of being mailed out.

At some point later today, online applications will be accessible at champpull.org

There have been several changes made to the schedule and classes.

Wednesday February 12th, 7pm EST -
6350# Modified FWD Trucks
9300# Super Farm Tractors
7500# Modified Tractors
10,200# Pro Stock Tractors

Thursday February 13th, 7pm EST -
6400# Light Super Stock Alcohol Tractors
9300# Super Farm Tractors
6200# Super Modified TWD Trucks

Friday, February 14th, 7pm EST-
9500# Limited Pro Stock Tractors
6200# Super Modified TWD Trucks
8200# Diesel/8000# Alcohol Super Stock Tractors - Combined

Saturday February 15th 12pm EST -
7500# Super Stock Diesel 4x4 Trucks
8500# Light Pro Stock Tractors
6400# Light Super Stock AlcoholTractors

Saturday night Finals 7pm EST -
6200# Super Modified Trucks (4 from each qualifying session, 8 total)
7500# Modified Tractors (6 total)
10,200# Pro Stock (3 from each qualifying session, 12 total)
9300# Super Farm (4 from each qualifying session, 8 total)
8200# DSS/8000# Alcohol SS (6 total)
6400# Lightweight Super Stock Alcohol Tractors (3 from each qualifying session, 6 total)

Additional notes:
Modified Tractors, 7500#, (4) 8-71's 45% over or (3) 14-71's 70% over; No screw-type blowers.

8200 DSS and 8000 Alcohol SS are combined for 2020.

Super Farm Tractors will run 2019 normal turbo specs of NTPA/PPL rule books.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2019 04:37AM by Bryan Lively.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 23, 2019 03:37AM
And let the arguing begin!!!!!

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 23, 2019 03:44AM
I think this is a fantastic setup

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 23, 2019 04:17AM
Freaking awesome. 2 LSS and a Finals. AND Combined Diesel and Alky HSS. Props to the NFMS, cant wait.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 23, 2019 04:31AM
WOW way to go NFMS! Thank you for listening to the fans!!!

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 23, 2019 05:05AM
Looks great, hopefully they'll have record numbers of LSS applications (Chris is you're reading this, Red Thunder should be there this year, same to Kyle and Gary, can't wait to see Bad Blood mix it up this Winter).

I also think it's pretty cool that the combined SS class is happening and it's almost ironic that these letters we mailed before Triple Bypass won the Unlimited Super class this past weekend. It should be an awesome class to watch, one of the best rivalry's in pulling is back. The only question I have is will they take the top 6 overall or will they take the top 3 alkys and top 3 diesels to the finals? This should be fun to watch!

I also think the Mod changes should give them some extra room for error and allow them to put on a great show, but also a safe show.

Kudos to the Farm show for making some big changes.

Thanks for posting this Bryan.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 24, 2019 01:04PM
Jake Morgan
Looks great, hopefully they'll have record numbers of LSS applications (Chris is you're reading this, Red Thunder should be there this year, same to Kyle and Gary, can't wait to see Bad Blood mix it up this Winter).

I also think it's pretty cool that the combined SS class is happening and it's almost ironic that these letters we mailed before Triple Bypass won the Unlimited Super class this past weekend. It should be an awesome class to watch, one of the best rivalry's in pulling is back. The only question I have is will they take the top 6 overall or will they take the top 3 alkys and top 3 diesels to the finals? This should be fun to watch!

I also think the Mod changes should give them some extra room for error and allow them to put on a great show, but also a safe show.

Kudos to the Farm show for making some big changes.

Thanks for posting this Bryan.

Ditto on what you said Jake. If we weren't broke and working on a new chassis, we would try to apply. We know we can't compete with the top notch tractors, but if we weren't rebuilding at least we would try. Hopefully this goes over good and I encourage all my friends and competitors to send in an application. Also great to see the 2 heavy ss classes combined again.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 23, 2019 06:06AM
Thanks Bryan, looks good - hope your doing well still thinking about you.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 23, 2019 06:35AM
Just curious since the are combining the classes will there still be only 12 in the class or will they do 16 like they use too?

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 23, 2019 06:39AM
Mod class back to NTPA rules?

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 23, 2019 09:14AM
Not exactly the same as NTPA mod rules. 3 with 1471 are restricted to 70% overdrive in NTPA. Not sure if the current 1471 tractors run below 45% but we run closer to 70
%. These new NFMS rules dont make a lot of sense to me. Dropped the weight to NTPA Mod weight but didnt follow the same overdrive limits with the 3 - 1471 tractors. Must be a reason why?

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 23, 2019 10:21AM
For the mod the 14-71 blowers need to run at 70% overdrive to compete, hopefully they change it!! Would be nice to see some of them tractors show up

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 23, 2019 11:40AM
Is the mod weight going to be 7500 lbs or 7800 lbs like it has been in the past. It was always listed at 7500 lbs but let you go at 7800 lbs. ????

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 23, 2019 11:49AM
7500#

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 23, 2019 08:16AM
As a 40 year die hard supporter of pulling and a 30 year ticket holder for seats at NFMS, I applaud the committee for making reasonable changes. As a whole, I approve of what they've done this year. Combining heavy super was great. Adding another Light Super class is acceptable. As much as I love Pro Stock, they need to drop a session, maybe two. Quite frankly, only 26 showed up to a pull that paid a lot more $$ so I'm not sure they are that interested in anything other than a points championship. Not sure about the Mod rules.. Seems like they are directly targeting PPL tractors with the rules. Maybe that's in response to the idea that PPL folks have been catered to recently. Should be interesting to see who applies. Mods are great, regardless. I'll close by saying this, and we all know it probably won't happen.....Bring back Mini Rods!!!

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 24, 2019 04:52AM
Note change to (3) 14-71 overdrive made in original post from 45% to 70%. Thanks.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 24, 2019 01:47PM
I heard top 6 go to finals in SS class. Just as well start the guessing game now, what 6 are you predicting get accepted for Diesels.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 25, 2019 01:52AM
Blagrave, Schlabach, Ross, Beck, Payne, Burge, Lehn, Shramek......8 to choose from, which 6 deserve it the most.....which ones won't put in because of the combination?

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 25, 2019 03:46AM
You forgot Hunt...

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 25, 2019 04:03AM
Hadn’t thought about that. I hope they invite more than 6 DSS. Hunt, Ross, Blagraves, Schlabach, Beck, Payne, Shramek, Edson, Burge, and Degenhardt... be hard to leave 4 of those out.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 25, 2019 05:10AM
Guys.......it would depend entirely on 2 things here:

- Who feels like applying
- Who gets accepted

Sometimes there are guys who'd rather not deal with the hassle and production that is the NFMS. Others will pull every where they can.

Time will tell I guess.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes September 25, 2019 06:07AM
The light supers definitely deserve 2 sessions and a finals but my only question is broadbent isn't big enough now where are they going to park everbody?

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes...new update September 25, 2019 01:12AM
Looks awesome. Cant wait to watch the Super Stocks run together. They should add 1 more class of Light Pro tractors and 1 more class of Limited Pro Tractors, then do away with the Super Farm Class.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes...new update September 26, 2019 01:50AM
I would like to see pulling as a whole get completely away from the Achohol tractors. In most organizations its going with more smoke and with good reason with all the cracking,popping and only half of the class making a pass. With the exception of Blackbournes theres not much of a option to get a tractor to run on a regular basis. I really enjoy going to the Western Series events as all the tractors run and are competitive. If they would just allow the 3.6 turbo on diesels in LLSS and even up the field that would possiby get rid of some of the poppers and class fillers. Just my 2 cents

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes...new update September 26, 2019 03:13AM
Screw you dude, there are like 400 diesel only classes around the country and like 4 alcohol classes and still it's not good enough for you whining diesel guys. I think they should allow alcohol or at least gas in EVERY tractor class. Maybe not everyone wants to pull the same stupid cookie cutter, smoke blowing tractors. Variety makes things interesting. As for your opinion on LLSS so we should give smoke blowers even more of an advantage so just to weed out alky tractors, what a ridiculous opinion. If you don't like alcohol don't watch it, you can still watch 90% of tractor pulling. How about you leave me alone and let me enjoy watching a superior performance fuel and I'll leave you alone while your watching smoke blowing tech from the 70's.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes...new update September 26, 2019 03:37AM
troll2
/trōl/
noun
noun: troll; plural noun: trolls
a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.
a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes...new update September 26, 2019 03:58AM
So out of the 6 LLSS that took points with Western Series, 4 blow smoke. Of the two alky tractors, 1 got 4th place in points and the other had a first and a second place finish but got last in points because he missed a hook. But yet you feel that 40 cubes, a cooler, and 200# isn't enough, so you need 100 cubes, a bigger charger, and 200# to keep up with the "poppers and class fillers"? Sounds like someone is scared of the potential or needs to get out their checkbook and start building.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes...new update September 26, 2019 04:32AM
Are we off topic again?

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes...new update September 26, 2019 04:06AM
Quite a few of us like the alky tractors and I haven't seen very many of them pop and sputter...By the way I pull a smoker..

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes...new update September 26, 2019 02:20PM
Getting rid of Achohol tractors
I would like to see pulling as a whole get completely away from the Achohol tractors. In most organizations its going with more smoke and with good reason with all the cracking,popping and only half of the class making a pass. With the exception of Blackbournes theres not much of a option to get a tractor to run on a regular basis. I really enjoy going to the Western Series events as all the tractors run and are competitive. If they would just allow the 3.6 turbo on diesels in LLSS and even up the field that would possiby get rid of some of the poppers and class fillers. Just my 2 cents

WOW!!!! What is "Achohol"?

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes...new update September 27, 2019 01:01PM
"Achohol" = Methanol alcohol Spiked with AC Refrigerant. When you get your Supertiquer back together, you need to try that potent fuel mixture. Make your 505 think its a 650. Yeah, definitely need a component chassis. Gotta get perfected for Rantoul 2021.

Re: NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Applications and Class Changes...new update September 27, 2019 02:26PM
hot fuel
"Achohol" = Methanol alcohol Spiked with AC Refrigerant. When you get your Supertiquer back together, you need to try that potent fuel mixture. Make your 505 think its a 650. Yeah, definitely need a component chassis. Gotta get perfected for Rantoul 2021.

LOL Our 505 is actually a 409. So how do we make our 409 think it's a 505? No wait, VP m5 fuel will do that! lol Smiling

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,628, Posts: 229,690, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520