Custom Gears October 20, 2019 09:47AM
Looking for someone to make custom gears for an Oliver 880. Done a lot of searching on the site but can’t find exactly what I’m looking for. Located in Western PA. Wanting 2 maybe 3 gears made (if they’ll fit) for it. It’s running in the Hot Rod V8 class. Any suggestions?

Re: Custom Gears October 20, 2019 10:36AM
If you know what you want, Corey Keck, Keck Performance in Clarks Mills Pa, can make almost any type of gear.

He has a site on Facebook.

Re: Custom Gears October 20, 2019 10:57AM
I’ve heard that he is good. My worry is that I don’t know what I want/need necessarily and it’s my understanding that he’s so busy that it will be 6 months or longer to get them made. I don’t want to do that because that pushes me too hard to get I back together for next season.

Re: Custom Gears October 20, 2019 10:57AM
Anyone else know anyone that has this skill set and relatively quick timeline?

Re: Custom Gears October 20, 2019 11:43AM
Your best bet on fast turn around time would be Brad at maibaugh tractor service in I believe Crestline, Ohio. He specializes in Oliver Puller’s.

Re: Custom Gears October 20, 2019 02:17PM
A few years back, had a set of custom gears made by True Gear& Spine located in Cambridge, ON ph # 877-270-9985
They have web site with all their services. try them if you can't find anyone else ,they were very easy to work with and turn around time was pretty fast

Re: Custom Gears October 20, 2019 02:48PM
I second true gear and spline..didnt urmson advertise he made gears for 88 to 1655 at one time,hes in valencia,butler county

Re: Custom Gears October 21, 2019 12:47PM
True Gear & Spline got into making literally bullet proof gears back in the late '70's. I see in a google search they are still an active company.

Tom Urmson with his self engineered and quality built brand of "Dynomitrixs" gears have been just as long in the market place. Tom will consult with you what you need. He still adveritses in the Puller magazine. 724 898 zero, zero, seven, ate

Re: Custom Gears October 21, 2019 01:02PM
Thanks for the leads guys. I will check into both of those options.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,657, Posts: 229,735, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,071, Posts: 225,919.

Our newest member JD_8520