No Bull GALOT May 29-30 , very interesting! December 19, 2019 09:04AM
After reading the post on the upcoming GALOT May pull I started to do some quick math. It looks like $18k plus per class with an overall $ 110k payout. I am wondering how many pullers per class will show up. My guess is that the TWD followed FWD will lead the numbers count. Without this being a NTPA points event and the prime farming time the numbers will be interesting. I was also impressed with the DSS/OSS combo class that is allowing the 903s in, well done. I would have loved to also see the LSS invited.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: No Bull GALOT May 29-30 , very interesting! December 19, 2019 11:48AM
Agreed, this looks freaking awesome. Also funny that GALOT said for the 903s to come on with it haha

Re: No Bull GALOT May 29-30 , very interesting! December 19, 2019 01:12PM
Does this mean that there won't be a ntpa pull this year. Seems like after the prostock pull last fall and this pull maybe you don't need or want ntpa or ppl doing youre pull.

Re: No Bull GALOT May 29-30 , very interesting! December 19, 2019 02:59PM
They were on the tentative schedule that was handed out at the NTPA banquet for the 12th and 13th of June. I was told last weekend that they have been talking about doing a non-sanctioned pull for a while now to have a large payout. I think it's a great way to help grow the sport. Pullers deserve to at least be able to cover expenses for the season.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: No Bull GALOT May 29-30 , very interesting! December 19, 2019 11:20PM
GALOT replied to comment a saying that this is replacing the NTPA GN event. Hmmmmmm

Re: No Bull GALOT May 29-30 , very interesting! January 17, 2020 12:45AM
Non sanctioned pulls don't GROW the sport. Just the promoters bottom line.
A NON sanctioned pull just cuts out sanctioning body fees, insurance, rule's, established history and the benefit of being a part of a group of other pulls that create a series.
The NTPA, for over 50 years, has stood for a certain quality of event and expectations that pullers fans desire. National events have a solid and stable foundation.
I'm not against any promoter doing what they think can make them money.
But....if NTPA went away tomorrow, would a non sanctioning event being the savior of pulling? Well it would have to be.....

Question December 19, 2019 01:13PM
Just curious if Earl Wells tried to get NTPA to sanction this and they wouldn't, if they would but not in this format, or if the plan all along was to have a non-sanctioned pull (which would allow for the combined SS/903s since they can do what they want for a brush pull).

The Barga PPL pull shows on the Fort website as one week later this year, so unless PPL has a pull that weekend, there would have been no schedule conflict.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2019 11:27PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Question December 20, 2019 12:41AM
Looks like they decided to put the money in the pullers pockets instead of paying the sanctioning body. As with anything earl does I'm sure it will be a first class event. Promoters like this need the support of us pullers, because we all have been complaining for years about low payouts. Here is our chance to show that if somebody puts up the money, we will show up to put on the show.

Re: Question December 20, 2019 01:15AM
Is this " stand alone" going to be the new model for pulling, or is this a one and done event. I think there is more going on here than just a guy wanting to have his own show. He already had a NTPA Grand National event. This, to me has a whole different feel to it. I, for one hope that there is a huge turnout in all classes. With a descent fan turnout and plenty of vehicles (at $500 entry fee) and a few more promoters that have the finances to do this it could be a new model of pulling.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2019 01:16AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Question December 20, 2019 02:10AM
ive felt for years that bg should go solo,they can afford to have the biggest pull for as long as they want,the event is bigger than the pulling track,the tradition is cemented as the cornerstone of the sport.the more can be done to return the track to the drawing feature instead of the party atmosphere,which I enjoy after the last tractor has pulled,but in reality look at the bleachers versus the party,the track events are currently second string,and sadly it looks to be this way for years to come...…..

Re: Question December 20, 2019 02:34AM
We have be discussing this for well over a year now. Not a jab at anyone just wanted to try something different for the world of pulling. The date as far as we know is off of everyone so all parties are able to attend.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2019 02:42AM by Ben-GALOT.

Re: Question and suggestion December 20, 2019 05:08AM
1 question and 1 opinion

Will the entry list be published as they are received?

Even though this is a brush pull, it would be great to also have an unlimited mod class. Yes, I know that's an NTPA-specific class, but an event of this potential should have a mod class to match the purse. It's like having an awesome drag race starting with Funny Car on down but not having Top Fuel.

If the money is right, I would hope the NTPA regulars along with good amount of PPL mod tractors would consider the trip.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2019 05:10AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Question and suggestion December 20, 2019 05:44AM
We are going out on a limb, doing something completely different. This is all about numbers. It will take classes with higher numbers to support the purse. It will take all of entry fee money(plus). Every puller pays the same entry so the purse will be the same for each class. Hence the name,”No Bull Truck and Tractor Pull.”

Re: Question and suggestion December 20, 2019 06:26AM
What are the classes they are having for this event? Any classes comparable to NTPA Hot Farm?

Re: Question and suggestion December 20, 2019 07:23AM
2wd Trucks
4wd Trucks
Mini Rods
Pro Stock Tractors
SSO/SSD Tractors (903 Cummins allowed)
LT Pro Stock

Re: Question and suggestion December 20, 2019 07:42AM
I think its awesome Idea, they are great people with a Beautiful first class venue, barring some unforeseen circumstances we will be there with 3 trucks!

BB

Re: Question and suggestion December 20, 2019 10:20AM
I love this idea and hope this goes extremely well. Here’s my one point and I’m not trying to be negative at all. Let’s take possibly your largest class, two wheel drive - I think 50 entries is within reason. After first day, how many entries head home because they have no shot at the money since there’s points to chase. Across the board with the remaining classes too? Any thoughts or ideas?

Re: Question and suggestion December 31, 2019 07:44AM
Does this mean no Grand National hook at GALOT this year?

Re: Question and suggestion December 31, 2019 12:29PM
Correct

FRIDAY NIGHT BONUS FOR NO BULL PULL January 06, 2020 04:10AM
FRIDAY NIGHT BONUS FOR NO BULL PULL FOR ALL CLASSES
1st $1000
2nd $700
3rd $500

Re: FRIDAY NIGHT BONUS FOR NO BULL PULL January 06, 2020 12:07PM
Whats the dates place and time for this pull

Re: FRIDAY NIGHT BONUS FOR NO BULL PULL January 06, 2020 01:22PM
Lewis read the post that is at the top of the page.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: FRIDAY NIGHT BONUS FOR NO BULL PULL January 07, 2020 12:09AM
NO Super Farms, after they have supported you year after year ?

Re: FRIDAY NIGHT BONUS FOR NO BULL PULL January 07, 2020 03:42AM
Were you supporting mr Wells or NTPA? After all it was a NTPA event in the past using Mr. Wells facility.

Re: FRIDAY NIGHT BONUS FOR NO BULL PULL January 08, 2020 02:17AM
ncpuller
NO Super Farms, after they have supported you year after year ?

Well being you are from NC you probably know us on a personal level and you would know SF is where we started and are still friends with all the super farm guys and are grateful for the support we have gotten from them.That being said we had to pick 6 classes for this year to start with and it was a tough decision on the 6 we went with. This is year one, depending on how it goes we could potentially add/swap out classes in the years to come.

Re: Question January 07, 2020 03:53AM
The words grand national and super farm should never be used in the Same sentence

Re: No Bull GALOT May 29-30 , very interesting! January 07, 2020 04:00AM
DISCLAIMER: As an announcer and past employee of NTPA and having work events at GMP in the past. This year I don't have a horse in this race: Some Thoughts:

As an event guy I object to the term BRUSH PULL in relation to this event. This is a first class MOTORSPORT FACILITY and has pro and racer/puller friendly staff.
It has produced NATIONAL EVENTS and has worked with a number of sanctioning bodies and insurance carriers. It's not at Juniors Farm. Unless you have spent money, promoted and LOST Money, STFU.

This format has been successful in a number of levels of mud and drag racing. Weathers gotta be good, Pullers have to enter (216) and once they paid the $500, give it your best shot and walk away. Once you paid support the event, lets now have a bunch of BS claims. Be a good sport and good luck?

Everyone involved has to have some good luck before this event is a yearly hit.

Sanctioning bodies are the foundation of the sport. A raised purse Grand National has been used in the past at events and it's always an option. Don't know if the sports can make it with a handful of high dollar pay out shows. Schedules change, weather, calendar shifts and sometimes a gamble is something you gotta take.

To all involved, Good Weather and Good Luck

"Wanna make a million in Motorsports? Start with 2 million." Felix Sabates, NASCAR/CART/ Team Owner

Re: No Bull GALOT May 29-30 , very interesting! January 08, 2020 01:20PM
Is there any chance if this goes well, that they might promote other events at other locations? What would happen if they got together with several other premier promoters and put together there own circuit with similar payouts? I really would like to see someone who could do this well enough try. I see competitors put out first class efforts year in and year out while the purse never gets better and year end prize money doesnt increase. We can go over how much pulls paid in the past and which organization paid a bunch back then, but something needs to get figured out going forward, for everyone.

Re: No Bull GALOT May 29-30 , very interesting! January 09, 2020 02:39AM
Well, Been Around, apparently you are not a very good reader of the annual NTPA rulebook. Purse is always listed. And in the past 15 years, there have been numerous purse increases for all classes, in GN & Region. Is it enough? When will anybody doing anything in life be satisfied with enough $$ ??

Name off those organizations and pulls from the past that paid well, that still exist today. Yeah, that's what I thought. Those organizations have been defunct (if not bankrupt) for many years if not decades. Same with most of the big name from the past NTPA pulls, mainly the State Fairs.

Promoting a pull event finds the costs adding up very quickly, usually right along with the personal aggravation level. Bottom line = Is It Really Worth It? Chew on that for awhile!

However, I do agree "something needs to get figured out going forward, for everyone." This is always the perpetual topic on here. Appears like there is never any real clear solution. Let alone amicable to everyone.

Good luck, GALOT, with your new 'modified' pulling adventure!

Re: No Bull GALOT May 29-30 , very interesting! January 09, 2020 04:24AM
Yeah, and alot of pullers went bankrupt because of little bitty crappy paybacks too !!!

Re: No Bull GALOT May 29-30 , very interesting! January 09, 2020 05:14AM
no dumba** - no one went bankrupt because of anyone else, paybacks or other issues except personal choices and real world consequences,over spending and being a wanna be is only the person's responsibility -- NO ONE ELSE. Problem with today's entitled political correct people,no one owns their own issues.A nice payout is appreciated,but never enough to even cover costs of travel,yet alone other costs.

Re: No Bull GALOT May 29-30 , very interesting! January 09, 2020 09:04AM
You 789 are correct, but paybacks need to be better and some have went bankrupt " their choice " , fyi- im far from a dumba!! - im in my early 50s, have pulled at every level, several different classes and still do, im retired, debt free " have been for yrs" and pay upfront as i go, owe nobody nothing and still pull all over the country ", so if that makes me a dumba!! , i guess i am an proud of it, just sayn !!!

Re: No Bull GALOT May 29-30 , very interesting! January 09, 2020 09:28AM
"HURRAHHHHH ',probably livi'n off the taxpayers, confident,well accomplished people don't blow the blow,they set an example.

Re: No Bull GALOT May 29-30 , very interesting! January 09, 2020 10:05AM
Joey, Jealous much, its an ugly trait, don't live off the taxpayers --- worked hard for yrs, owned my own business, and invested wisely !!! PS : coming to track near you this summer- I'll advise you on how to do it.

Re: No Bull GALOT May 29-30 , very interesting! January 09, 2020 10:14AM
Please stay on topic.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: No Bull GALOT May 29-30 PURSE UPDATE January 09, 2020 09:40AM
Thank You Sponsors! We have added money to the purse for 4th-10th places.

No Bull Tractor Pull May 29-30 2020 @ GALOT MOTORSPORTS PARK
(NTPA Rules)
2wd Trucks
Sonny's Racing Engines 4wd Trucks
Pro Line Racing Mini Rods
MAC Trailer Pro Stock Tractors
CEN-PE-CO SSO/SSD Tractors (903 Cummins allowed)
ProFab Machine Light Pro Stock Tractors
Winner will be determined by two-day average finish (tie breaker total distance)
$500 entry
FRIDAY NIGHT BONUS: Thank You Sponsors
1st 1000
2nd 700
3rd 500
• Weekend Winner Purse
• 1st $8000
• 2nd $3000
• 3rd $2000
• 4th $1500
• 5th $1200
• 6th $1100
• 7th $1000
• 8th $900
• 9th $800
• 10th $700
Everyone will be teched prior to show as usual. During the pull the top 3 will be held until after the class is completed to be recognized as well as further teching (fuel,turbo,electronics).

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,700, Posts: 229,800, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard