Hydraulic oil December 28, 2019 01:39AM
I'm sure this topic has been beat to death but I am finishing up my new puller and looking for a good trans oil to use I have some hytran laying around but I’m curious what everyone is using is it worth it to spend that much on something I may be draining every few years and isn’t going to get a lot of hours?

Re: Hydraulic oil December 28, 2019 05:51AM
Hytran will be fine.

Re: Hydraulic oil December 28, 2019 06:41AM
in my humble opinion,-- if someone is worried about 75 bucks for a pail of oil,- they should not try and enjoy the sport of pulling or any other motor sport,takes that much and more for just puller fuel,fuel for pulling unit and food, and more just to be gone every day,- not to mention yrs, the old saying goes like this, "PEOPLE SURE ARE FUNNY", Happy holidays,enjoy best you can,I would not let the world know how cheap I was.

Re: Hydraulic oil December 28, 2019 09:21AM
Guy is just curious whether it’s worth it or not, don’t think he’s looking to cheap out. Why spend more if you don’t have to? To first timer I will be running hytran in my build as well. I would think the oil Case ih or John Deere dealers and other large brands sell would be fairly high quality, but that’s just an assumption.

Re: Hydraulic oil December 28, 2019 09:50AM
whether it is worth it is personal,I drove 1900 miles,paid 187 in tolls,another 1200 in misc and pulling expenses,won the Championship and received a pittance for prize money,was it worth it ??????? Not the same with oil,mechanical is different from personal needs,most oils are basically the same,- just different additives packages.If you want Gold but buy lead because it is not worth it,- what do you have,-- certainly not Gold.

Re: Hydraulic oil December 29, 2019 12:39AM
First off how much power does you new puller have? I used hytran untill it could not lube my gears enough. After breaking a few gears in my tranny (from spalding) i switched to lucas synthetic 75 weight. That was at the 2500hp mark. Hope this helps. Oil topics always bring out the dusche bags

Re: Hydraulic oil December 28, 2019 11:02AM
Tell you what...take it from someone who lives and breathes lubes everyday. Go to your local Cenex and get yourself some Quiklift and you’ll get an excellent quality hydraulic oil at a very fair price.

Re: Hydraulic oil December 29, 2019 02:07AM
Strange how people critic others posts with nasty words,-- but they think it doesn't apply to themselves,I Love It.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Hydraulic oil December 29, 2019 09:34AM
Today’s hydraulic oil is made for more than just hydraulic applications...

Re: Hydraulic oil December 29, 2019 03:42AM
Pulling tractors don't need hydraulic oil (or any mixture there of). They need gear oil.... synthetic is the best.

Re: Hydraulic oil December 29, 2019 04:59AM
Ag tractors with 300 - 600 hp pull at the max all day long with hydraulic combo gear oil,have for 40 yrs.

Re: Hydraulic oil December 29, 2019 10:10PM
I used 50 wt synthetic Big Truck Transmission oil. The oil will lubercate the gears under extreme pressure and flows well in cooler conditions like indoor pulling. Hytran and Hygaurd work ok in 500 to 800 HP Pullers. You will find that good oil will save you many transmission parts and repairs.

Re: Hydraulic oil December 30, 2019 12:33AM
We used Hy-Tran with 2 gallons of Lucas oil stabilizer added to it. It did not settle out, and it coats the gears and carries very well in the rear end and transmission. I've had the cover off to check numerous times since we did this and it works good.

Re: Hydraulic oil December 30, 2019 12:57AM
I've run HyGuard in our hot farm because we still have a wet clutch. I know my friend uses synthetic since his tractor had his tranny weld up once. He is running way more hp than we are.

Re: Hydraulic oil December 30, 2019 01:14AM
Will you still have a working hydraulic system? Are you going to use the Torque Amplifier steering and brakes?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,630, Posts: 229,694, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520