706 llss March 09, 2020 01:47PM
I’m pulling llss class. Have a diesel with a 706 rear. I’m trying to lose some weight.
Rear has been foamed and all that. I was wondering about pulling some gears out
The rear and having direct only. Anybody regret that for their tractor? Can I just do direct
Only? Or do I still need a “low gear” for loading the tractor? Also any ideas on losing weight
Out of the rear?

Re: 706 llss March 09, 2020 10:35PM
Lighten the bull gears, remove gears, grind off cast pieces that are not needed on rear end housing, Chrome moly tubing or aluminum frame rails, 2 bar cage, 8 ply tires, carbon fiber hoods & fenders, is just a few ideas.

Re: 706 llss March 10, 2020 09:18AM
My tractor is a 706 based frame and weighs 5200 bare but all fluids in it ready to run A diet can be done ....... some stuff is easy ,some more difficult And NO Lewis did not in anyway shape or form help with this.... Im in Nebrasaka its a 505 cu with a 4.6 single Lewis . wanna know more about it or how to make one like it call me 402/750-8652 plus there are more vids on youtube of it running

[youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2020 01:59PM by KBacker.

Re: 706 llss March 10, 2020 10:27AM
Looks like Lewis old tractor, he must of helped you with it, he builds alot of tractors !!!

Re: 706 llss March 10, 2020 11:11AM
It is a old legend Leroy Mason

Re: 706 llss March 10, 2020 11:18AM
Jason Coomer has a lightend 706 trans and rear the insides looks like swiss cheese that may be able to be bought

Re: 706 llss March 10, 2020 11:46PM
I thought Mason's old tractor was in NY called "Edge Of A Dream"

Re: 706 llss March 11, 2020 11:24AM
My tractor and chassis was built by me in my own shop, only parts from Atlas Tractor and such are purchased. IF your comment was Lewis built? Thats laughable Im in Nebraska and he is nowhere near me. However it is for sale ......... Im building a new component

Re: 706 llss March 11, 2020 01:08PM
What engines in it K looks like a sharp piece looks like it would make a super nice llss if changed around

Re: 706 llss March 14, 2020 07:47AM
With Dicks blessing Beer

[youtu.be]

Ok this is my tractor ,built in my shop in Nebraska. Weighs 5200 ls bare but with all fluids in it running It is 505 cu, billet aluminum head, single 4.6 turbo (yes its just a single) ALL fuel system,tuneup and internal engine parts are Bryan Conner ,It has all the regular easy diet mods and then it has LOTS of creative (expensive) diet mods some of which are courtesy of or inspired by Mark Ulmer, This is a {big frame i.e. 706) based tractor Lots of parts from Atlas Tractor . I run 8 ply pullers If you are wanting to build a big frame tractor for LLSS it is VERY possible it can be challenging but its possible. I have willwood disk brakes on it and this tractor is an absolute joy to drive. Responds to brake input without jerking the frontend down as you can see in the videos. But i never stomp on them I squeeze them is all it takes. Im building a new component and I hope it handles like this one does. With this all said .... the original poster or anyone building this light if you have questions plz dont hesitate to call AND since I AM building a new tractor this one is for sale complete turn key or otherwise Thanks Dick and Jake Morgan (was great talking to you this morning!!) Thanks again Keith 402-750-8652

Re: 706 llss March 10, 2020 12:58PM
Look up Mark Ulmer at Ulmer Pulling he has a 4 Charger Cast light super that probably the lightest around.

Re: 706 llss March 12, 2020 05:39AM
Hey KBacker, I have a component that I may sell, can you send me your number if you would like to talk about it! Thanks

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason