NHRA schedule changes March 25, 2020 10:40AM
NHRA Announcement

For some guidance as to what the pulling world may do, see attached link. I'd expect pulling orgs to follow NHRA's lead and begin events the first of June if the promoters haven't pulled the plug.

Re: NHRA schedule changes March 25, 2020 01:07PM
The NTPA doesn't have a national hook until May 23 (R2 in West Salem, Ohio), the first hook in June is the 13 in Sugarcreek, OH, another R2 hook.
PPL only has the Show Me shootout May22

Re: NHRA schedule changes March 26, 2020 01:26AM
Look at New York situation and now Louisiana Pulling is a great sport but we should think about safety and maybe pulling in 2021 Also millions out of work is not going to fill stands for the promoter to come out at least even.

Re: NHRA schedule changes March 26, 2020 01:52AM
A lot of things may change before then maybe good, maybe bad but we can’t put the country/ world on hold forever at some point we need to access the situation and possibly move on with life as for no one showing up to events, I think they will as they will be ready to move on also and do something fun and entertaining the bigger issue will be keeping sponsors on board as everyone is taking a hit right now.

Re: NHRA schedule changes March 26, 2020 02:18AM
As we move toward pulling season your local and state governments will dictate weather you can even have public gatherings. The virus is moving in from the coasts the mid west will see it more as time moves on. I personally think the season is in jeopardy of not happening.

Re: NHRA schedule changes March 26, 2020 03:27AM
concerned fan
As we move toward pulling season your local and state governments will dictate weather you can even have public gatherings. The virus is moving in from the coasts the mid west will see it more as time moves on. I personally think the season is in jeopardy of not happening.

I think that you are probably right...Some states may have a partial pulling season while others may not..Its really too early to tell...If there are pulls I predict smaller than normal crowds because some are scared and some won't have the money to attend....

Re: NHRA schedule changes March 26, 2020 04:13AM
Ok while we’re on the subject I’ve been thinking about this and wondered what everyone would be willing to do
Let’s hope we all get through this together and healthy first of all
I am wondering if guys would be willing to put pulls on themselves no organizations just rent the sled and hopefully the tracks would be available
Charge enough to pay for sled and maybe money towards a charity no pay back just hook for the fun of it and be thankful you got to hook
I know most have a big investment but it ain’t gonna matter if they just sit in the shed forever

Re: NHRA schedule changes March 26, 2020 04:25AM
One word. Insurance

Re: NHRA schedule changes March 26, 2020 05:49AM
Yep I thought of that after I posted it
That could be a problem

Re: NHRA schedule changes March 26, 2020 06:37AM
2021 will be a great season. Will be a lot of tractors and trucks ready to go.

Re: NHRA schedule changes March 26, 2020 03:04PM
Someone musta took a leak in y'all's Cheerios. We are still 2 months from the start of June.

Even if pulling doesn’t start till July, 99% of all pulling will be on schedule.

Turn off the evening news and enjoy time at home with your family during this period of social distancing.

Let our president, healthcare workers, truckers etc, just do their job and we will overcome this flu. Just do your part in not spreading it.

My wife is an RN and even she’s tired of the hype surrounding this bug, and her hospital has several cases of it .

Re: NHRA schedule changes March 27, 2020 02:36AM
When I see Major League Baseball announce a schedule I'll be more optomistic that there will be a tractor pulling season..Most states are going to be slow to lift any bans because they are scared to death..I live in an area with no cases and the closest deaths are over 100 miles away..Trump is being crucified by the Dems for even talking about trying to get things going by Easter..I dont agree with lots of whats going on...In my area you can walk in to any Walmart,grocery store,or parts store but a tractor dealer will only bring the parts outside to meet you..

Re: NHRA schedule changes March 27, 2020 12:29AM
Talk to your sled operators. Some may be able to provide event coverage through their own policy and you won't have to break the bank to do it.

CP

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM