Top AC Super stocks of all time April 06, 2020 03:34PM
Quick top 5 list for AC or Deutz Allis (alphabetical order)

Brabec Bros Country Dude
John Lancaster AC 210
Benny McKinnon Old Faithful
Brian Shramek Young Blood
Max Simpson/Keith Haynes Mean Ole Allis

What would be your top 5 orange SS of all time?

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 06, 2020 11:26PM
Shramek-- national championships ----- Max Simpson-" innovator" --- Dennis Johnson -- shagnasty " alcohol-- mega horsepower"--- Mark Gettinger -- "still uses the 426" --- Brabeck " got it done back in the day " ---- , there several others worthy of this list that still make the 426 work !!!!

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 07, 2020 12:00AM
I agree with your list, who are the top guys running today that still use the 426 block?

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 07, 2020 12:10AM
Back in the day ND Harrision.

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 07, 2020 01:09PM
Cujo needs to be on the list for sure, --- old rags still running the 426, --- Corbin Lester runs one on alcohol, --- Bernie Platz -- lil bad allis ---- Hunleys ran one --- Martin bros ----

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 08, 2020 01:02AM
the Allis Cowboy, ie Al Koch, or Entertainer as he is know today...

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 08, 2020 01:42AM
The greatest ac motor powered ss has to be youngblood,but it's in the component era.ac powered yes,but ac tractor no.greatest non component ac,that's a great argument.how can you dis the squad in that.id mention like others simpson/haynes,ross,brabec,Arnold baker,merril smith,haferd had a good one too.sledhandler..the list is endless

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 08, 2020 03:38AM
Brabecs had the same number of GN titles as Schramek on a full Allis tractor. Both great pullers, look at the history though, Brabecs and the Country Dude are genuine pulling legends.

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 07, 2020 12:39AM
I am biased, but my list would include my uncles.
Their 190 XT won the 7000 SS points, and was 5th in 9000 SS points in the same year.
The D-21 had an Indy Super Pull win.
Danny was the first "Stock Puller of the Year".

It would be hard to narrow it down to just 5, though, to me they were all heroes.

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 07, 2020 09:59AM
Brad Howell needs to be on the list. He was tough!!!

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 07, 2020 12:12PM
I remember back in the mid 80’s in Wilmington Ohio Bobb brothers, Widow Maker, and Old Rags shows up at the Saturday afternoon Co fair. The amount of either that was used to start the multiple chargers that day for the pumpkins was great! Executioner may have been there also.
Along with the county fair regulators, Barr, Parker, Palmer, Bryant, Gull, Middleton, Foley, Payne, Cane Gary G. Neil G, and who ever else arrived. Don’t remember if it was Doug Cook or Roger Early at that time. It was great. My uncle had a D21 and was the last pass he ever made. The draw bar broke and so it goes.
It was a great time. I don’t recall who won but I was there.
Top 5
Shagnasty
Mean Ole Allis
Country Dude
Imposter
Old Rags

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 07, 2020 12:58PM
Cujo should come in there some were

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 08, 2020 04:13AM
What about Lustic & Super Steeler

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 07, 2020 11:24PM
I wasn't there, so I won't question your memory of who showed up, but if it was the mid 80's the Bobb brothers tractors would have been single turbo pro-stocks.

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 07, 2020 11:45PM
Charlie Ross

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 08, 2020 03:46AM
Aaron, I can not recall which ones were pro stocks or supers. I just remembered all the AC’s at a fair in Ohio. Not a state hook just a fair pull. I was 14 at the most at that time.

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 08, 2020 04:44AM
Aaron,
I have another pull I thought of also you may know about. Georgetown Ohio Early to mid 90's time frame I think. There were a few AC's from your area that ran in a super class that night in Georgetown Ohio. Any Idea who they were? One had a scarecrow on the side shields if I remember correctly.

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 08, 2020 09:23AM
The "Scarecrow" tractor would have been Dave and Don (Duck) Engle. That tractor's name and side shield art were inspired by fellow Jackson County Indiana native John "Cougar" Mellencamp's song "Rain on the Scarecrow" from Farm Aid.

Also, that tractor was built more for 6000, or 7500 lb classes.

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 08, 2020 03:21PM
Aaron,
Funny story about the Bobb Bro D-21, we were competing at a pull in Osgood,In with our farm stock Super 88 Oliver. When they were ready to pull the heavy tractors they needed a tractor to pull up on the sled pan for added weight. I volunteered to do that job and I would have to drive off of the pan when they spun in so they could pull the sled back to the starting line. Seeing as to how I had to drive back to the starting line I just sat on my tractor going down the track. It was pretty uneventful until the D-21 hooked to the sled, I found myself dodging big slabs of dirt as we went down the track. No one else made me dodge dirt that night, good memories.

S'no Farmer

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 10, 2020 11:08AM
Todd, you have related that story before, and it is one of my favorites that anyone has told me about my family from back in the days before I was able to be there to see things myself. Thank you for sharing it again.

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 08, 2020 12:07AM
Bill Hirt made a lot of trips down the track with his Runnin Bare AC"s, one of the original names that Jeff still uses today.

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 08, 2020 01:08AM
I dont think that I see Norm Green,Francis Arganbright,or Gordon Oughtred mentioned..

Re: Al Arnold? April 08, 2020 01:17AM
Al Arnold won 15000 SS at Louisville two years in a row in the early 70s with his AC 220. Other than that, did he run NTPA or HSTPA much? I haven't seen much about him besides the two NFMS wins.

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 08, 2020 01:59AM
Saw John Lancaster pull at the Indiana State fair ........He pulled in the 7000 ,9000,12000,and the 15000 pound super stock in the same week ......what a tractor ....

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 13, 2020 02:18AM
tom
Saw John Lancaster pull at the Indiana State fair ........He pulled in the 7000 ,9000,12000,and the 15000 pound super stock in the same week ......what a tractor ...And he won the 7,9,12 And finished 2nd in a pulloff in the 15 when his clutch gave up.........

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 08, 2020 07:35AM
Bill Hurt with "Runnin Bare"

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 09, 2020 04:26AM
Up in the North East I'd give a tip of the hat to Leon Oberholtzer.

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 11, 2020 12:43PM
Pretty partial to the Orange Crush 180

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 10, 2020 11:43AM
Man there were so many tough ones back in the day. Dale Haley, Dave's brother had a tough one when he could get out. Ohio Farmer ran a full page Allis ad asking "what happened to the red & green tractors at Louisville?" The year Al Arnold won. Was a couple other ac's in ad but can't recall who they were. Also at the next Farm Science Review at the AC tent they had a girl in black & orange live asking questions & Al Arnold giving taped responces on a screen. 1972 I believe. Gorden Oughtred winning a championship with a tractor he yanked the power front axle out of in summer. Bob Williams' always immaculant .Danny Bobb with that rugged narrow front 190 mixing up with the heavy guys. Couldn't begin to pick a top 5.Just great memories.

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 13, 2020 05:00AM
Dean Steinke was tough to beat on his 185 SS back in the early 90's in the 5500 pound class. Also Terry Wood had some good running Allis's before he built a red one.

Re: Top AC Super stocks of all time April 13, 2020 07:09AM
There was a time (1969 or thereabouts) that at Louisville, the Orange tractors won every class but one. In the class they didn't win (7,000 lb) , they got second with a connecting rod hanging out of the block. They won the 5-9-12 and 15,000 lb classes.

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520