Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 13, 2009 04:22PM
Have a couple clubs in western Pennsylvania that are looking to set up or revamp their hot farm rules this fall to gain more tractors. The local rules were put in a few years ago to match eastern Ohio rules of A pump and 2.9 3lm. The class has all but died out in Ohio, and there are a hand full of pullers left in PA. I have some friends that are still pulling here in PA, and are trying to figure out what to do for next year. These guys don't really want to go to superfarm or limited pro, and they don't want to go back to farm stock, looking to run at a hot farm level. We have been discussing it recently, and my suggestion is to try to align the new rules with a set of rules somebody else is running within a few hours of the PA, OH state line. There seems to be decent purse money avalaible at pulls around this area, as the hot farm class was basicly around a $1000 purse at most all the pulls last couple years. Looking for input from some guys that pull in hot farm classes or other classes similiar like maybe Div 10, Light limited or Pro Farm from out east, or hot farm classes within a few hours of interstate 79. Open to any suggestions at this point, not stuck on using A pumps or any type of turbos, just looking to make rules that would allow the most guys get together and pull. Possibly a couple of classes can be mixed with a weight difference, this seems to work well for superfarm/ limited pro. Thanks for any input.

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 14, 2009 12:30AM
Checkout the Interstate profarm rules. They have 15-20 tractors and are a good bunch of people with a large number of pulls. I am sure they would love to have more out your way.

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 14, 2009 02:42AM
I pull the Interstate pro farm class & as Art said you can see our rules online. its a great class, very competitive with a good group of guys pullin. We currently pull about half our pulls in Va & half in Pa (mostly franklin co area), we will be in Centre Hall Pa (near state college) on Monday August 31st, & Shade Gap Pa(north of McConnelsburg) on Saturday the 22nd. that shouldnt be to far from you if you wanted to come see our class or better yet if your tractors fit our rules then come pull with us. If you want feel free to call me at 301-988-0891. Good Luck

Re: Div 10/ Light Limited August 14, 2009 02:15PM
If you want a good class....Look at the Central Ohio's Light pro. www.coapta.com 8200lbs, 540ci, p-pump and a 3.150X4 turbo. Heck of a class. I know Westmoreland County Tractor pullers had a very similar class and might still do. Not as near as expensive as the limted pro and superfarms. Why carry so much weight....if you hauling a hot farm tractor or an interstate pro farm (hot stock) you are NOT legal to being pulling it with a pickup and gooseneck.

Re: Div 10/ Light Limited August 14, 2009 02:20PM
my boy and i am interested in a llss,along the lines of orvtpa.

Re: Div 10/ Light Limited August 15, 2009 10:49AM
+1 Patches. We really need LLSS here in ohio, not these odd ball classes that nobody else runs. I know Jason from COTPA has shown interest as well.

Re: Div 10/ Light Limited August 15, 2009 11:17AM
What are the rules of llss. Do they mix diesel and alcohol tractors?

Re: Div 10/ Light Limited August 15, 2009 02:37PM
ORVTPA in a nutshell is 370 alky & 466 smokers. Single 3x4 charger. Not positive but I think the weight is 6000 lbs.

My opinion is that this is evidence that alky & diesel can competitevly run together if they are running the same charger.

Re: Div 10/ Light Limited August 15, 2009 04:12PM
Myself and a few other guys have been working on getting it started in Southern/Southeastern Ohio. We would consider going into central Ohio as well. If anyone is interested give me a PM or email me at llssmoline@aol.com

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 16, 2009 04:46AM
Have pulled Div 10 several times this year, seems to be a fun class and not all that costly to run. More hooks in NE. Ohio and Pa would be Great. Its a lot better ride than hot farm

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 16, 2009 05:33AM
Whatever you decide on, i would suggest you not limit the class to an A-pump. You'll find it is more expensive than allowing a P-pump. That rule is 10 years old and these days you can get an a-pump built to spit out 700-800cc's. It is no different than a p-pump. It's a misconception to think that limiting to an a-pump will limit the fuel output compared to a p-pump.

540 ci limit would let the MF and 531 deere in also.

I run hot farm and our 2.75 inch inlet rule seems to work pretty well.

Our rules are on the net at www.michindohpullers.com

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 16, 2009 04:46PM
A 466 class is the best for a new economy class, interstate started a class 3 years ago and the class is busting at the seems with great looking and strong running tractors. 540 is to expensive for a jump up class from hot stock. The only way a p-pump is cheaper than an a is if its limited to 13mm barrels and plungers, if its not limited than the p pump is more expensive than an a-pump. A 800 cc a pump will not perform as well as a 800cc 13mm p-pump.

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 17, 2009 12:51PM
I agree, an A pump @ 800 cc's will not perform like a P-pump @ 800 cc's. Guess I don't know anyone running a 466 class that actually can burn 800 cc's of fuel anyways. The rules i've seen about limiting plunger size are rediculous. How many actually get checked? Who wants the liability of tearing apart someone elses pump?
466 is good in theory, but an MF guy wouldn't even be able to run in the class with a 466 limit.
To an extent, limit the turbo and the ci won't be as big of a deal as you might think. Winking
Just opinions...

n Ohio, Western PA August 17, 2009 01:37PM
I also agree interstates light limited is a great class with great tractors. but I think the class could stand to lose 1000/1200 lbs.Nothing light about 7700 lbs

Re: n Ohio, Western PA August 17, 2009 03:51PM
The reason the class was set to that is to let the ih guys pull without having to build a tin can death trap. The majority of tractors pulling are 66 series ih why does everyone want to shut them out. If you watch the 6000lb class pull on you tube at alot of their pulls they spin and are barely moving atleast with 7700 they can hook and go, the class was 7500 and they needed more movable weight the 8200 lb 466, 3x4 class out in Missouri is also a great class of tractors.

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 17, 2009 03:44PM
Actually the massey can easily make the limit, they start at 510 and all they have to do is destroke the engine. just like the 505 cummins guys do in here. Look lets just face the facts the majority of the tractors pulling are going to be red and green and there cubes are 466, how does it make sense to have the majority have to bore or stroke there engines to get to the limit instead of the one or two guys that are over the limit to destroke. I agree that the barrel and plunger checking is bogus even though it is very simple to do, however if you don't limit the barrel and plunger size than the p-pump will wipe out your wallet to try to compete with the big p -pumps out there. The difference in a 466 and a 510 with the same turboes and fuel system are not much horsepower wise but the bigger cubes will make more torque and thats what you need at the end of the track.

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 17, 2009 09:10PM
Yes, Curt you beat me to it. I was trying to right a post earlier saying the Massey guys could destroke and I fell asleep before I got the post wrote. There is also the 6/354 perkins that can be used, and I know it' s a small engine for the class, but there is a guy in KY that runs a MF with this engine in a 466 class that is competitive. I don't know what he has done to it, but it runs good. Then you have the Moline 425 or 504(I think) that can get around 466 easily. And yes Moline engines are allowed to run in a MF. As a matter of fact you can build a whole Moline tractor and put MF sheetmetal on it (just an ideal if you want a MF 466 tractor) and it is perfectly legal since MFs first 100HP tractors were just Molines painted red and grey and rebadged. Now onto weight, the east coast Light Limited is actually called light limited turbo and is more like a souped up pro farm or lim pro type of class which is light when you consider a Pro is around 10k lbs., but for a LLSS class I think 6000-6500 is the perfect weight and just look at ORVTPA the put on a great show at 6-6200 lbs.

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 18, 2009 01:48PM
make it 9500 or 10500 # 505ci class with what ever pump you want with a tire size (20.8-38) and turbo size (2.5x2.7 or 2.7x3). Then the 504 case, 505 cummins, 466 deere, 466 ih, 478 hercules can all run.

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 17, 2009 10:27PM
This makes the interstate profarm class a cheaper solution in my opinion. That massey can build and be competive with 510 cubes and there are still plenty of 466 in that class competing. Also It seems to me that its gonna cost more to lighten a tractor to 7700 and buy tires and wheels than it would be to run at a much closer weight of 11000 and be able to run a good road worn tire. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 17, 2009 11:19PM
How many masseys have pulled in the interstate Pro Farm / Hot stock class? If the pass 10 years there was only one out of Virgina that pulled on a regular basis. There was another that hooked once or twice. So why is there such a stink on a massy, they are turds.

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 18, 2009 02:33AM
Ha Ha yeah as a factory tractor i would agree, however its always neat to see another color in a class & a massey can be made to run. I also agree with cracked case, the light lim class aint gonna be any cheaper. Why we even talkin cheap? you want to be competetive it aint gonna be cheap.

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 18, 2009 06:39AM
Back to the original question. Some of the N.W.Pa. tractors could run C.O.A.P.A Light pro as is. Some just need a cage or lose a little weight. Major rule changes cost the guys built to current rules a lot of money. Numbers are down a little this year because a couple moved up, a couple are broke, & at least 1 sitting out a year due to low milk prices. At least 1 or 2 new tractors coming next year. The class has been down before & bounced back. Current rules are pretty good because they're easy to check. How many limited cube classes actually ever check? Let alone checking plungers. Making the class run with Super Farms at 3 club points pulls didn't help. Here's another thought. Stop letting tractors that should be in hot farm run as farm stock. We're talking those 500 horse water injected, side shield clad "farm tractors". The class will bounce back in 2010!

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 18, 2009 09:06AM
Current Guy , have you ever been to div. 10 pull and watched those tractors run?? There are a couple left this year maybe you should attend a pull and talk to some pullers see if it may be some thing for your club to adopt.

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 18, 2009 01:07PM
isn't there enough classes already for the larger frame tractors in this area now.just look in the farm and dairy,90 percent of the classes are for antique tractors,antique tractors with v-8's,at 3000 or 5000 rpm's,and 10,000-12,000 farm stock,open farm,hot farm,or super farm.the na 5500-7500 class is close to dead,and there is no class to hot rod a light tractor in,what is wrong with a true light super farm or light pro,or even a llss.im not talking big tractors stripped and gutted to make weight,a true light class would probably grow good in our area if given a chance to.

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 19, 2009 03:21AM
Div 5 is our lite class patches,where have you been? Or arent you from around here? Current guy is right, this class has come and gone since the late 80's with mod stock.Guys moving up is just a natural progression and its time some farm stock guys do for next year!!! But they will have to put on a smaller turbo!!! The only thing wrong with the class is when everyone went to an A pump 5 years ago,and then cut tires 2 years ago.But what do I know?P pumps r cheaper and perform better and if your gonna spend 2200.00 on tires you might as well buy 24.5's. not 20.8's I GOT ONE WORD......... PROGRESSION. Dont keep changing the classes to fit a few guys tractors that will move up in a couple years anyway.

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 19, 2009 03:31AM
Yes Butch, I've seen central Ohio's Div. & you're correct it's a nice clsss. My point is many of our tractors could run it now. Might be a little short with 20.8's & A pump, but guys like Forrest Kemp & some Div. 5 tractors jump in it. Just another place to hook if you can make the weight. Only problem with cubic inch limits is enforcement. I know of one clown who openly brags when intoxicated (often) that he runs it at 585 & gets away with it. This goes on while other guys work & spend to be competive within the rules. It can't be that hard to measure a cylinder's volume can it ?

Re: Looking for input from Hot farm/ Div 10/ Light Limited/Pro Farm pullers to start one of these classes in Eastern Ohio, Western PA August 19, 2009 04:30AM
No it's not that hard. They have a pump where you pull the injectors/spark plugs out and it measures the displacement by how much air volume the cylinders will hold.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason