Pulling Suppliers April 17, 2020 11:32AM
Something that has been on my mind a lot in the last few weeks as we see pulls being canceled as well as the talk of the possibility of not having a pulling season at all.

Most pullers will not suffer terribly as pulling is an avocation for most of us, as a matter of fact most of us will be better off financially as there will be no up keep or broken parts to pay for. The concern I have is for our suppliers as it is a vocation for them...for some it is all they do for others it is a part of a larger business. These businesses are not like most other businesses that are shut down as these people will not be opening up soon and likley not getting more business until next season. It could be the end of some, at the very least very hard to carry on for most.

These things could be a challenge for businesses built around supplying any form of motorsports and could affect our sport in a negative way for years to come. I hope I'm wrong and hope the best for all of these great friends and suppliers.

S'no Farmer

Re: Pulling Suppliers April 17, 2020 12:16PM
Been thinking the same thing

Re: Pulling Suppliers April 17, 2020 01:13PM
Hopefully they are not solely dependent on pulling for their incomes, the few that I know have other things that bring income.

Rich

Re: Pulling Suppliers April 17, 2020 01:30PM
0ne i do a lot of business with is worried no pulling no broken parts to rebuild

Re: Pulling Suppliers April 17, 2020 04:34PM
that's ALL HOGG WASH, WITH MOST PARTS AND REPAIRS NOT AVAILABLE FOR UP TO TWO YRS BY MANY ACCOUNTS, THIS WILL BE A CATCH UP SEASON,

Re: Pulling Suppliers April 18, 2020 01:00AM
I was kind of of thinking like 1234 a catch up season. I also think some are in ag related business's so that should help them keep open. When I look at pulling it seems extremely trivial as to what happens or doesn't this year as in any sports. It's all just a hobby. Don't get me wrong I'm a pulling junky but there is a lot more to be concerned about.

Pulling Suppliers April 18, 2020 02:04AM
I actually had that thought about some suppliers being able to catch up. But then on the other hand most of my suppliers are not a year or two behind, I can see that being the case in the diesel world but not some much in the V-8 world. I could also see a lot of people canceling orders under these circumstances as there businesses could be suffering. I hope I'm wrong and that this whole mess gets straighten out sooner than later.

S'no Farmer

pulling suppliers April 17, 2020 04:37PM
Todd, I am thinking about the sled owner/operators also.

Re: pulling suppliers April 18, 2020 02:07AM
I just had a conversation yesterday with a puller in the east that has a friend that runs 2 sleds and is very worried because his payments don't stop just because the pulls do.

S'no Farmer

Re: pulling suppliers April 18, 2020 03:57AM
WELL US AMERICANS DO HAVE A CRAVING FOR THE NON - ESSENTIALS, ,PRIORITIES AND SOME SAVED MONEY IN THE BANK ARE MOSTLY A THING OF THE PAST. that is why entitled people expect someone to bail them out.In the old day, - back in the day when people denied themselves every fun sport and entertainment, and had work ethic before wasting money, all good things come to an end.

Re: Pulling Suppliers April 18, 2020 06:00AM
For me, making puller parts is an increasing sideline to my usual machine shop work. I have thread rollers and a heat treat furnace so rolled thread studs are a good sideline, gear cutters let me made timing gears and such. Don't put all my eggs in one basket.

Ed.

Re: Pulling Suppliers April 18, 2020 06:38AM
It would be an excellent time to order those replacement parts that you just know you are going to need . To restock your trailer and shop. And to replace those parts you havent had the time to do.To upgrade or even change classes. Use this opportunity to your advantage.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2