Aluminum April 22, 2020 10:49PM
Just a quick question, when did billet aluminum blocks become legal to run in the state level heavy super class for PPL, I see a gentleman had been running one in nytpa, there’s pictures on there Facebook of it.

Re: Aluminum April 23, 2020 08:16AM
What picture are you referring to?

CP

Re: Aluminum April 23, 2020 01:28PM
Reborn binder v8 alcohol super. Read the comments under his picture that was posted of his tractor.

Re: Aluminum April 24, 2020 12:45AM
I'm not a Facebook user, can you share a screen shot, or post what was said...

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Aluminum April 24, 2020 04:02AM
Unable to post pictures but it does show a billet aluminum V8 block in the comments with a man saying he had worked on it many times and the NYTP commenting awesome.

Re: Aluminum April 24, 2020 12:59PM
This is what I found.

Re: Aluminum April 24, 2020 03:41PM
Why would a ppl sanction club think this is awesome, it is not even legal to run! This is what ruins pulling and drives the cost up! It doesn’t matter if the tractor never made it off the line or couldn’t make a decent pass, it’s still not legal!

Re: Aluminum April 25, 2020 12:06AM
I wonder if it has a smell # on it?

Re: Aluminum April 25, 2020 01:11AM
This info of the block is 110% true. The block is sitting at a machine shop in PA getting repaired. Just saw it there, they are trying to fix the bearing issues with it. After all this posting about it. The cats out of the bag and how can the club let him run It anymore? It’s a pretty easy protest deal. I will say it has a big bore and stroke too, way over cubic inch rule too.

Re: Aluminum April 25, 2020 01:15AM
Is the crank at the machine shop too? Or can you magically tell what the stoke is just by looking at the block?

Better post you're name if you're going to start accusing Chris of being over cubes.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Aluminum April 25, 2020 03:26AM
Was NYTPA previously sanctioned by the NTPA, and that is why he had a billet block? Did the NYTPA grandfather him in when they went to PPL? Total guesses on my part. I would find it hard to believe no one ever noticed the billet block haha.

Re: Aluminum April 25, 2020 05:53AM
Jake,
Chris is cheating with a billet block! That is black and white wrong and ruins the sport. no need to worry about cubic inch(bore or stroke) but yes the crank is at machine shop too. Whole motor is there to be exact. Nytpa does not have anything grandfathered and it has been over 20years sense nytpa has been with ntpa!

Re: Aluminum April 25, 2020 07:04AM
It was hard enough to keep an IH DV550 motor running long term in a truck. DeLynn Kale and Tom Urmson, 30 years ago, very quickly learned just how unreliable it was to try to Super Stock one of those engines, even on alcohol. And they soon gave up, despite having poured plenty of $ into them. In reality, that was probably the worst engine IH engineers ever dreamt up. (A re-conversion of their V549 gasser which was a pretty good motor.)
Good for Chris that it is something different than the standard in 66 sheetmetal.

Re: Aluminum April 25, 2020 07:17AM
I believe that block has been running for a long time. Was it legal, probably not, but apparently nobody that was running against them thought it was serious enough to protest and do something about it. At least they copied something that was in a 2wd tractor, and I don't see any window repairs, but If something let go you could repair that chunk of aluminum. Other than material no different than the hyper block.

Re: Aluminum April 25, 2020 07:36AM
I heard rumor from a reliable source that his plan is to run it as a v 6 for when he is running in a 504 class. Then put the other two pistons in and change the cam so that he run in a 650 cubic inch class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,686, Posts: 229,788, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason