PPL(Farley) vs NTPA (Rockwell) vs Outlaws (Rock Valley) in Iowa August 16, 2020 07:08AM
Ironically, the big 3 pulling organizations had their largest events of the season in the same state within a month of each other.

For anyone that went to all three, how would you compare the shows in terms of:
A) Facility
B ) Quality of vehicles
C) Quality of overall show (track, show pacing, etc)?

Even if you only went to two of the three, how would you compare the ones you attended?

In your opinion, what did PPL, NTPA, and Outlaws do well? What does each need to do better at?.

One thing I'm curious about: What time did the three pulls end?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2020 07:10AM by The Original Michael.

Re: PPL(Farley) vs NTPA (Rockwell) vs Outlaws (Rock Valley) in Iowa August 16, 2020 09:10AM
I attended Rock Valley and Rockwell both great shows! The quality of vehicles was better overall in Rockwell with it being an NTPA event however Rock Valley had more hooks (by a long shot) and a more diverse group of classes, both shows moved along well with Rock Valley moving faster and being over earlier as far as facilities Rockwell takes the cake with a huge spacious pit area and parking area and a property that’s easy to move around on, both events had what I would call comparable tracks just my opinion oh and the food was better in Rockwell haha!

Re: PPL(Farley) vs NTPA (Rockwell) vs Outlaws (Rock Valley) in Iowa August 16, 2020 10:11AM
Rockwell has become the chapel hill of the north what an spectacular facility the people that run it are nice they are what tomah used to be far as hospitality. If Rockwell can keep it going and from the looks of it they are commited for the future it will be a gem.

Re: PPL(Farley) vs NTPA (Rockwell) vs Outlaws (Rock Valley) in Iowa August 17, 2020 07:35AM
We hooked at both Farley and Rockwell. Both outstanding facilities and outstanding pit areas. Track was consistent from beginning to end of of the classes with both early and late hooks in the top 3-5 places. Both showed great hospitality. 100% looking forward to both again next year. Not a single thing to complain about. Rockwell continues to make improvements every year and RJ Simon and his team put on a fantastic event even though it was their first pulling event there!

Re: PPL(Farley) vs NTPA (Rockwell) vs Outlaws (Rock Valley) in Iowa August 17, 2020 09:33AM
Went to all 3 pulls. Even went to Mound City.
Best overall pull.....Farley then Mound City, then Rockwell, then Rock Valley.
Best track and track crew.....Rock Valley, then Mound City, then Rockwell, then Farley.
2 skid steer track loaders at finish was too much in Farley. Need one at start and one at finish. Get the roller packers moving sooner and faster. Rock Valley has this perfect!!!! Mound City they were too slow at start also but got better by end.
Best pits....Rockwell, then Farley, then Mound City, then Rock Valley but very close 2nd to 4th!
Best spectator parking.....Mound City even with the mud on day 2, then Rockwell, then Rock Valley, then Farley.
Best concessions.....Farley, then Rock Valley, then Rockwell, then Mound City.
Easiest for fans to get around it pits....Rock Valley, Farley, Rockwell, then Mound City.
Best bleachers.....Rock Valley, Rockwell, Farley, then Mound City.
Best lighting.......Rock Valley, then Rockwell, then Farley, then Mound City.

These are all equally good pulls put on by different organizations by different pulling sanctioning bodies. It was a blast to go to all of them this year. Got to give credit to Simon's and Farley for their 1st pull. It will get lots better. I will not miss this pull next year unless something unforseen!!!!! Would have liked to have seen how Wisner would have compared if they were allowed to have it.

Hope some other people went to all 4 and could give their thoughts and comparisons.

Re: PPL(Farley) vs NTPA (Rockwell) vs Outlaws (Rock Valley) in Iowa August 17, 2020 10:14AM
I was at all four and in my opinion they all put on awesome shows! They all had things they did better than others on and they all have things they could approve upon. The one thing I would have to disagree with racehorses with is best track and track crew. I believe Farley had the best track by far out of the four pulls and talking with pullers who pulled there would agree with me. They hooked up fast and was able to get the power to the track. I thought the track crew did just fine and the reason for a slower paced show didn't fall on them. Those are just my two cents and I'm sure people will both agree and disagree with me.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: PPL(Farley) vs NTPA (Rockwell) vs Outlaws (Rock Valley) in Iowa August 17, 2020 10:29AM
With the crazy world we are in right now to have any level of good pulling is great to attend in my book so they are all great and good in my thoughts

Re: PPL(Farley) vs NTPA (Rockwell) vs Outlaws (Rock Valley) in Iowa August 17, 2020 02:03PM
Two posters stated Farley just staged their first pull. No, they did not. It was 2018. I was there for it. It was a very good event. It was easy to see there would be lots of potential here for big name sanctioned pulling.

However, I am glad to hear that the 2020 event overall was very well staged and received. And already making its mark as a well respected pull. Good job, Simon's and crew!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,688, Posts: 229,793, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member Jason