For diesel pullers August 16, 2020 07:18AM
Link below of FPP Run What You Brung truck class at Beloit, OH this weekend.

Watch the events that ensued when the diesel truck hooked at about the 6:45 mark.

FPP RWYB pull

Thoughts?

Re: For diesel pullers August 16, 2020 07:22AM
Pump hung

Re: For diesel pullers August 16, 2020 11:35AM
Should have a 3 way dump valve on it.

It happens.

Can we talk about the procharged truck at 4:08 though???

Pulling needs this class.

Re: For diesel pullers August 16, 2020 11:48AM
cpr
Should have a 3 way dump valve on it.

It happens.

Can we talk about the procharged truck at 4:08 though???

Pulling needs this class.

That pro charger truck was making a nice pass / engine sounded good.

Twin T took them all to school that daySmoking

Re: For diesel pullers August 16, 2020 11:44AM
The Original Michael
Link below of FPP Run What You Brung truck class at Beloit, OH this weekend.

Watch the events that ensued when the diesel truck hooked at about the 6:45 mark.

FPP RWYB pull

Thoughts?

Since the air shut off didn't work the driver was lucky to get it back into gear and dump the clutch and kill it.Thumbs Up

Looked like the fire extinguisher guy was trying to find the air intake.

Those people surrounding the truck were braver than i would have been standing that close to a run awayHot

Re: For diesel pullers August 16, 2020 12:04PM
I guess it is good thing they got it stop on the track. I remember Bunker Hill have a big hill at the end of the track. Then some trees and a lot of open pasture after that he could have gone for a ride.

Re: For diesel pullers August 16, 2020 02:07PM
If its running on engine oil, little tough to stop that.
Looks like it wasn't running away or he couldn't stopped it by putting it in gear.

Re: For diesel pullers August 16, 2020 02:40PM
The truck was running on oil. Most like a turbo failure feeding the oil to it. The air kill did work, it kept it throttled down enough to keep it from really getting bad. The sled was unhooked and a guy went back and rehooked it so the guy could chunk it. Just a little chaotic for a bit. Glad no one was hurt.

Re: For diesel pullers August 16, 2020 04:28PM
I was also there and know many of the guys involved.

Most of the guys that ran TO the truck instead of away from it were actually his competitors trying to help. Others were event officials. The kill switch was operational and is what ended up being pulled. It was hung up/stuck and couldn’t be easily pulled by hand. The guillotine was actually activated though by him putting truck in gear and pulling ahead after the chain was unhooked.

The “guy with the fire extinguisher” knew exactly what he was doing. He was not able to penetrate the air filter to get the CO2 into the turbo. But I assure you...he was trying to do everything he could to solve the problem...if you pay attention, He was also the first guy to run to the back to pull the kill switch but couldn’t get it by hand.

Obviously, hindsight being 20/20 they should have simply undone the chain and backed the sled up and then the guillotine would have been easily activated. The guys who were assisting did a great job of trying to help a competitor and friend and keep the fans safe. Everyone applauded afterward because those who voluntarily ran “into the fire” indeed did a great job of keeping people safe.

I for one thought that everyone did an awesome job of keeping us all safe. It was indeed a scary few moments but one we can all learn from. I know for a fact that the organizations and crew involved will learn and adjust from this. That’s just the type of organizations they are.

Good job guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2020 04:58PM by Hummin Cummins.

Re: For diesel pullers August 17, 2020 11:29AM
Hummin Cummins
I was also there and know many of the guys involved.

Most of the guys that ran TO the truck instead of away from it were actually his competitors trying to help. Others were event officials. The kill switch was operational and is what ended up being pulled. It was hung up/stuck and couldn’t be easily pulled by hand. The guillotine was actually activated though by him putting truck in gear and pulling ahead after the chain was unhooked.

The “guy with the fire extinguisher” knew exactly what he was doing. He was not able to penetrate the air filter to get the CO2 into the turbo. But I assure you...he was trying to do everything he could to solve the problem...if you pay attention, He was also the first guy to run to the back to pull the kill switch but couldn’t get it by hand.

Obviously, hindsight being 20/20 they should have simply undone the chain and backed the sled up and then the guillotine would have been easily activated. The guys who were assisting did a great job of trying to help a competitor and friend and keep the fans safe. Everyone applauded afterward because those who voluntarily ran “into the fire” indeed did a great job of keeping people safe.

I for one thought that everyone did an awesome job of keeping us all safe. It was indeed a scary few moments but one we can all learn from. I know for a fact that the organizations and crew involved will learn and adjust from this. That’s just the type of organizations they are.

Good job guys.

I agree. They did a great job!

Re: For diesel pullers August 17, 2020 12:01AM
This class runs again this saturday night at the big money freedom pull at Mile Branch in Alliance OH. Along with Pro Stocks Super Semis and more. Alot of the best national guys will be there

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,646, Posts: 229,713, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520