Cast Sigma's vs P7100 November 10, 2020 01:53AM
What's the verdict on performance between Cast/OEM housing Sigma's VS top shelf P7100's currently?

It seems that there's plenty of cast Sigma's available nowadays since rules seem to limit you to P7100's in some classes, and in other classes if you're allowed to run a sigma, you generally need to have a billet version to be on top.

Re: Cast Sigma's vs P7100 November 10, 2020 05:51AM
If you're asking about pure HP potential I don't see how a cast, worked over sigma will be beat by a top of the line P7100. If you move to a P8600 I think you'd have a fairly comparable pump with both maxxed out and maybe even a slight edge to a P8600 depending on plunger size.

Now I don't have any direct data to prove this but I know I don't see a single SSDFWD running a P7100 when they can run a P8600 or Sigma.

I also know when I have had my engine dyno'ed back to back with a 16mm cast sigma to a 17mm billet sigma, both set at the same fuel, I picked up 55hp with the 17mm billet sigma which tells me the better you can match your fuel needs to the size of the pump and the rate it can be injected will yield the best results.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,639, Posts: 229,705, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520