How to stop scammers? December 06, 2020 12:58PM
Lately every response to my for sale adds has been a scam. Don’t have this problem on Craig’s List. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions to help prevent this?
Thanks in advance.

Re: How to stop scammers? December 07, 2020 12:31AM
Thats a good question!! Yesterday I got a text about an Allis Chalmers long block,what, shape is it in and can you send pictures, I asked what are you putting it in,they replied JD. I went LOL!! Thats a new one, if you are really interested CALL ME, I told them CASH ONLY ,no good way to stop them,just gotta be real careful

Re: How to stop scammers? December 07, 2020 06:27PM
I usually just cash their cashier check for twice the amount and send half in cash onto their shipper.
Never hear a peep out of them after that!

Re: How to stop scammers? December 08, 2020 09:55AM
Huh????

Re: How to stop scammers? December 08, 2020 10:31AM
It's a joke. That's the scam, they send you twice the amount you're asking in a fake certified check, they ask you to cash the check and then send them the rest of the money (sometimes they even tell you that you can keep a little extra for all the hassle). Once you send them the rest of the money your bank notifies you that the check was fake and that you need to repay the amount. You're left with the debt and then there's no way to contact them and you never hear from them again.

Again, the post by "day later" was a joke.

As for stopping scammers, first you demand to talk with them, simple say no texts... if you talk with them you'll quickly find out who's fake and who know what they're talking about... then you tell them no checks, cash only. That should weed out the fake scam artists. After that you can just conduct a normal transaction and take payment in any form that works for you.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: How to stop scammers? December 20, 2020 01:39PM
Jake Morgan

Again, the post by "day later" was a joke.

Amen on that!!!

Re: How to stop scammers? December 14, 2020 09:06AM
Recently got a call about my SS # is in danger thing. Only reason I answered was it came in on a legitimate phone number from someone I know in my contacts with his name showing. I’m sure he didn’t do it. So now they can cover it up using someone else’s phone number?

Re: How to stop scammers? December 14, 2020 11:17AM
Most of those calls are on spoofed numbers. My SIL got one from her mother’s number.
I’ve probably received 50 in the last week. If the number isn’t in my contacts, it doesn’t get answered.

Re: How to stop scammers? December 09, 2020 07:39AM
Cant stop them. That's the risk of putting up your number. I have had the same guy hit me up multiple times with the im looking after my sick father routine. area code from GA, AZ, and so on. Its fun to play back with them and waste their time or do like I did the last time and tell them your not interested in playing that game. dude just replied OK.... ha ha

Re: How to stop scammers? December 09, 2020 09:53AM
I was getting scam texts for hay I had for sale on Craigslist. The next ad I put scammers will be found and prosecuted. No more scam texts after that.

Scammers December 20, 2020 12:58PM
480-659-1032. Is back at it again... He has tried to scam others in the past. He reached out to me.. Love to catch these guys

Re: Scammers December 20, 2020 01:33PM
If I don't recognize a phone number, I don't answer. There are plenty of other ways to communicate with people.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520