NTPA Classic Super Stock Class January 02, 2021 02:26PM
What is the turbo and cubic inch limit for the NTPA Classic super stock class. Also do they pull in Ohio and how many hooks? Thank you.

Re: NTPA Classic Super Stock Class January 02, 2021 02:58PM
531 cui 3x2.75 3lm turbo mostly in eastern ohio western pa. 18.4x38 tires 7700lbs. Great class 30+ hooks combined with ntpa, full pull productions,& copta. Better bring your A game not a cheap class

Re: NTPA Classic Super Stock Class January 03, 2021 01:33AM
Is it a slotted turbo or smooth bore intake.

Re: NTPA Classic Super Stock Class January 03, 2021 03:01AM
Has to be a 3lm intake cover so its smooth

Re: NTPA Classic Super Stock Class January 03, 2021 04:18PM
I am also curious about this class besides the turbo and fuel system what expense am I missing? I was thinking it would be more on the driver and how he read the track.

Re: NTPA Classic Super Stock Class January 04, 2021 02:20AM
It's a small turbo, small cui, & small tire superfarm class that's why its not cheap

Re: NTPA Classic Super Stock Class January 04, 2021 05:44AM
531 is not small cubic inch but I understand where you are coming from, and you are correct. I think the class would benefit greatly from a box turbo but probably too late for that.

Re: NTPA Classic Super Stock Class January 04, 2021 01:54PM
When that class got started it did indeed fill a void. In Eastern Ohio and Western PA Hot Farm is 600 cubic inch. 9500 lbs.

Classic Super Stock was indeed a USA East name as they were simply called Div. 5 before USA East sanctioning. At 7700 pounds and smaller tires, they filled that niche before LLSS.

Hot Farm, at least in that region, consists of the classic Red vs Green class with a few Fords thrown into the mix.

The classic super stock has a lot more variety and opportunity for various combinations. There are just as many Allis and Molines as there are IH and JD. Now granted they’re Cummins powered but the concept still remains.

The CSS class is really a good class and puts on a good show. Lots of tough runners and because of the lighter weight can be a drivers class at times. It’s not uncommon for tractors to stack up really tight and it come down to inches.

So...that’s how there came to be 2 separate classes, at least in the eastern Ohio/western PA region.

Re: NTPA Classic Super Stock Class January 05, 2021 08:55AM
NTPA / PPL hot farms are over 1500 now

Re: NTPA Classic Super Stock Class January 04, 2021 07:02AM
Your exactly right, thats why their tryn to get a set of national rules for LLSS- to get membership fees !!! NTPA is fading away slowly but surely !!!

What niche does this class fill? January 04, 2021 05:47AM
Hot Farm, 510 CI, turbo 3 x 3.5, tires 20.8 x 38, 9500 lbs

Classic SS, 531 CI, turbo cui 3x2.75 , tires 18.4x38 tires, 7700lbs

What niche does Hot Farm fill? What niche does Classic SS fill? Is it the same niche?
Are both considered to be more economical versions or entry level to Super Farm, Light Pro, or Limited Pro?

If the answer is yes, what's the purpose of having two classes that will be very similar to the fan in the stands? Not criticizing, just asking. I realize both classes have existed for a while, just not in NTPA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2021 05:52AM by The Original Michael.

Re: What niche does this class fill? January 04, 2021 06:50AM
It fills the niche of getting more membership fees for the NTPA, so they can stay a float because they are slowly getting pasted by and fading away.

Re: What niche does this class fill? January 04, 2021 08:06AM
Does anyone know if a 466 could be competitive in either of these classes?

Re: What niche does this class fill? January 04, 2021 09:10AM
I'd say 1000-1100 would be right in the game.

Re: What niche does this class fill? January 05, 2021 01:33PM
I think that’s the magic question do you stroke the engine get more torque or bore it out and maybe run higher rpms?

Re: What niche does this class fill? January 04, 2021 11:06AM
JMO -- i think a classic super stock should be able to run TWO chargers, whats really any difference the way they are now than a superfarm or profarm, i mean really a class that is called Super Stock running 18.4.38 tires, if its gonna be called a SUPER STOCK class at least they should look like one.

Re: What niche does this class fill? January 04, 2021 12:18PM
Fpp named it classic ss..it started out as division v,primarily around columbiana and carroll counties in ohio

Re: What niche does this class fill? January 04, 2021 11:52AM
You don’t seem to see that hot farm class anywhere from central Ohio on East. I thought maybe when ostpa and ntpa separated Years ago the ostpa May add the hot farm class to get more brush pulling open pullers to fit a sanctioned class, but it didn’t happen.

The classic super stock class has been around 20 years that I can remember , probably longer And originated as a central Ohio class. The rules keep the class competitive and there’s a bunch of tractors in the class, some have pulled many years. It’s mainly northeast Ohio and northwest pa.

Not really sure they are the same niche other than each class has rules rather than open classes making the classes more competitive. Location, rules, and weight may continue to keep both classes separated.

Haven’t seen the hot farms pull in a long time, what kind of power are they making?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,842, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro