Superfarms Outlaw turbo rule January 03, 2021 05:14AM
What is the outlaw pullers superfarm turbo rule? Are they Intercooled or no

Re: Superfarms Outlaw turbo rule January 03, 2021 05:23AM
Must use a precision box turbo 3.1 intake 3.35 exhaust no intercoolers allowed.

Re: Superfarms Outlaw turbo rule January 03, 2021 08:07AM
Thanks Allen I wasn’t aware of that , they are going to be 4.1s basically soon!!

Re: Superfarms Outlaw turbo rule January 03, 2021 10:03AM
3.6/4.5 Basically a limited pro

Re: Superfarms Outlaw turbo rule January 04, 2021 02:02AM
Seems like a bad move on it's face. Why wouldn't you as a SF just jump up to the 4.1 class at this point? How much horse will separate them and a 4.1?

Re: Superfarms Outlaw turbo rule January 06, 2021 02:44PM
Kinda wondering the same thing. Why are they moving to a bigger turbo? So that they can look more powerful than the light pro stocks?

Re: Superfarms Outlaw turbo rule January 03, 2021 06:18AM
I believe the Super Farm class agreed that they will run a Hart’s 3.6 x 4.4 turbo for the 2021 season.

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Re: Superfarms Outlaw turbo rule January 06, 2021 03:19PM
This seems like the same topic as the Apex thread a while back, with a different name. I will never understand why you can't leave a class alone when its worked for how many years through many organizations? First its a 3.1x3.35, now its 3.6x4.5, next it will be whatever. Let's just make it like the light pros. Or maybe prostock exhaust with a 3.9 intake. Its just a case of someone wanting to one up on someone until they all catch up then move the target again. Some are just never satisfied.

Re: Superfarms Outlaw turbo rule January 06, 2021 04:27PM
Simple solution just cancel the outlaw SF class and no more problem. Absolutely no need for their ignorance.

Re: Superfarms Outlaw turbo rule January 07, 2021 12:15AM
Bigger turbo does not equal more horsepower! The outlaws were switching turbos no matter what as precision had basically zero interest in working with them on parts to rebuild them. They only wanted to sell them a new one every time they broke. There is a certain horsepower range they want to get the superfarms to so they figured they would do it now. If the 3.1 precision would’ve got to the horsepower range nobody would be talking. They went with the bigger one because it will be cheaper and more reliable. It’s definitely more about the horsepower range (which is between the 8500 limited pros and 4.1 limited pros) then it is the size.

Re: Superfarms Outlaw turbo rule January 07, 2021 02:22AM
I don't understand the reasoning in that response. The Outlaw Super Farm class has always had a box turbo for the last 13 years. The reason is to keep turbo cost in control. The other is to have reliable turbos that won't fail at a pull. The 3x3 thing was left because of reliability issues. A turbo operates better when the exhaust wheel is bigger then the compressor wheel. The last 3 year turbo was a Precision turbo. This year, the choice was between a Apex turbo or a Hart turbo. Both great companies and leaders in the pulling world. To be honest, Hart's was picked because of economics. Yes the turbos that are ran in Outlaw are larger than NTPS/PPL but the power is similar. The reason for the Box turbo is also economics. No one has a better turbo, or a special turbo and there for, one is not out buying new turbos 1,2,3 times a year....The first 2 years I pulled super farm, I bought 6 turbos.....In the following 12, I bought 3 for Outlaw. Since we run NTPA, we have also bought 12 more turbos in the same time for NTPA. We have decided that is not worth it and have not gotten a new turbo for NTPA in the last 4 years. The box turbo, fuel, and water that Outlaw runs is simple to understand. It allows fair companion and keeps a cost in check. It also allows for all tractors to "have a shot" at the win.....If you really want to know more, contact me, Allen, Kurt K. or Kurt V. All of us will take the time to discuss this with you.

John Platte

Re: Superfarms Outlaw turbo rule January 08, 2021 07:53AM
What’s the price of this new turbo?

Re: Superfarms Outlaw turbo rule January 08, 2021 10:11AM

Re: Superfarms Outlaw turbo rule January 09, 2021 09:05AM
PPL-NTPA
Simple solution just cancel the outlaw SF class and no more problem. Absolutely no need for their ignorance.

So if we cancel their season because they’re ignorant, what does that mean we should do with you and YOUR ignorance?

Re: Superfarms Outlaw turbo rule January 09, 2021 09:33AM
Everyone has an answer, but not many understand the question,we all want something other than what is available, so make your own pull happen ,make the rules, enforce them, promote, pay, -----see how it comes out. The majority used to rule, not so much anymore.

Re: Superfarms Outlaw turbo rule January 14, 2021 01:20PM
If you dont pull outlaw why does it really matter? buy a 4000 turbo and go pull, also the 4.1 class is getting pretty aggressive in horsepower maybe a few will say screw it ima run a smaller turbo and not spend so much on parts.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,635, Posts: 229,699, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520