Trailer tie downs January 10, 2021 03:37PM
Looking for ideas on tie downs for a new trailer we're setting up. Some kind of track system would be great. I cant seem to anything I like that is rated for enough load. If anyone could give me some ideas I would appreciate it.

Re: Trailer tie downs January 11, 2021 12:48AM
These people have a lot for the towing industry. I have bought from them several times. If I wasn't sure about something I would call and they were always very helpful.

[www.truckntow.com]

Re: Trailer tie downs January 11, 2021 03:50AM
How are people strapping down when a suspended front end is used? Strapping the front wheel and let the suspension float? Or block out the suspension and pull down on the frame? Or other?

Re: Trailer tie downs January 11, 2021 07:03AM
we have done both, I'm not sure I like the over the tire straps as they are hard on the steering components/tie rods. I think I like using a jack adapted to fit into the front tow/lift point to take some pressure off the suspension and then strap down. Other thing we were thinking of doing was having blocks for under the ski bars so the tractor was in the right place every time and wouldn't require any extra effort to relieve the suspension before strapping.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,651, Posts: 229,724, Members: 3,326.
This forum: Topics: 37,068, Posts: 225,911.

Our newest member JD_8520