Valve cover help January 15, 2021 05:31AM
So I ran into a problem with my valve cover. Hypermax aluminum cover.
I’m running head studs not bolts. The head stud nuts are too tall. They
Are about 1in tall and the washer is about 1/8 thick. When I set the valve cover on
On and tighten it down it has about an 1/8 in gap or better. Do they make a valve cover spacer
Or what would y’all recommend doin? I wasn’t sure about cuttin the nuts and studs. But wanted
Some opinions.

Re: Valve cover help January 16, 2021 12:51AM
Had the same issue when I changed from the Hyper bolts to studs. Machined a spacer up to go under the Hyper cover to get the clearance. Wouldn’t recommend you cut the top off the studs or nuts, not an area to scrimp on..

Re: Valve cover help January 16, 2021 01:55AM
Did you just bring your valve cover and have somebody match it up perfectly or
Just rough idea and made something.

Re: Valve cover help January 16, 2021 03:50AM
Had the same situation on my tractor. Just need a spacer to raise the Hyper valve cover up enough to clear the studs. I'm pretty sure you can buy a .5'' spacer from Wipeout. Just give em a call.

Re: Valve cover help January 16, 2021 05:30AM
Can double or triple your gasket,silicone them together.

Re: Valve cover help January 16, 2021 07:50AM
I can see that getting really old by the third time you want to check clearances 300 miles from home and rip your last one...

Re: Valve cover help January 16, 2021 10:22AM
Gaskets are mean to seal, -not space, two maybe, but not three or four, they only squish out and leave you with nothing.

Re: Valve cover help January 17, 2021 12:51PM
Just rough cut an aluminum spacer thick enough for cover to clear and use a router with a flush trim bit to profile cover.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,671, Posts: 229,766, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,941.

Our newest member Jason