Gordywanna a Go or No Go January 25, 2021 02:13AM
Any word on the odds of this pull happening?

Re: Gordywanna a Go or No Go January 25, 2021 02:37AM
Unless something changes in the next week and a half, it's a go.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Gordywanna a Go or No Go January 26, 2021 02:01PM
So, are there going to be restrictions on the number of spectators?

Re: Gordywanna a Go or No Go January 27, 2021 01:13AM
No, but masks are REQUIRED. No mask, you don't come in.

Brent Yaron

Re: Gordywanna a Go or No Go January 27, 2021 03:33AM
I guess you would be pissed at my medical exemption. Mask police badges SUCK! Jeans don't hold in your farts and masks don't stop this vius.

Re: Gordywanna January 27, 2021 03:52AM
Before this topic goes off the rails... There's a whole forum on this website where you can rant about masks. If you want to go to the Midwest Winter Nationals then put your mask on or stay home. If you have a medical exemption then contact the facility and see what your options are. Accept that it's their property and you need to agree to their terms otherwise simply order the Livestream. This isn't the place to rant about no shirt, no shoes, no service... masks... no smoking... etc...

I hope this pull is a huge success and that it's a safe event for everyone (whether masks will or won't help is irrelevant). Hopefully this will be the start of more events being allowed in 2021.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2021 05:44AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Gordywanna January 27, 2021 06:43AM
Support the Midwest Winter Nationals and any other events as best you can. Nothing going on right now is ideal but it beats NOT pulling at all. Buy live streams or attend events when possible.

There were 1,562 paid hooks over three days this past weekend at a pull in Inola, Oklahoma, not counting dropped hooks or pulloffs. Pulling is alive and well, you just gotta go find it sometimes.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Gordywanna January 27, 2021 07:57AM
If you go to the event or watch live stream, gotta give Klint and his group credit for not throwing in the towel after not being able to have at GordyVille and reschedule at shipshewana. Hoping this is a great start to the 2021 season and that we all get lots of pulling.

Re: Gordywanna a Go or No Go February 08, 2021 02:54PM
Working a event this week that all workers and guest have to have a Negative covid test less than two days before the event or a rapid test at the event before you are allowed to enter. The event has 400 staff and over 5,000 registered attendees so far. They have already turned people away. So imagine being a vendor and getting a positive test and not able to attend the event because of a positive result. Not to mention the fact they had to pay for a extra hall at the Orange County Convention center. Which probably cost a extra 30,000 grand for the week. Plus a full medical staff, tests, security, and equipment to do it for the week of the event. So dont complain to much and it could be alot worse. I hate having the test dont but just glad to be back working on a real show for the first time in a year.

Re: Gordywanna a Go or No Go January 27, 2021 05:29AM
Were getting livestream.less drama

Re: Gordywanna is a GO! January 27, 2021 07:41AM
We are a GO !!!!!! We still have tickets on sale, if you order this weekend, your order will be in the ticket area waiting for you. We can no longer trust the US postal service. We have adjusted start times do to the large number of pullers Thursday and Saturday starts at 11:00 a.m. Friday will be noon, evening sessions are Thursday 7:00 p.m., Friday 6:00 p.m. (if possible!! Lol) and Saturday night is 7:00 p.m. we have tons of iron from all over the US. The forecast looks favorable for travel, a lot better than this week and if you can't make it Ryan and the boys are going to try their best to bring the event into your homes and shops via our livestream service. Thanks for everyone's patience and understanding, it look's like Whatssmokin Promotions will be celebrating our 17th year at the MEC in Shipshewana, Indiana next weekend. All information can be found at www.whatssmokin.net. Thanks again!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2021 10:10AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Gordywanna a Go or No Go January 28, 2021 11:07AM
I'd imagine they'll let you in if you're wearing a face shield instead of a mask, for what that's worth. I know some were discussing it a month or so ago.

Re: Gordywanna a Go or No Go January 27, 2021 10:46AM
Does live stream need purchased way in advance, or is day of work ok?

Re: Gordywanna a Go or No Go January 27, 2021 12:15PM
R Hall,

You don't need to purchase in advance, but I would buy a day or two ahead of time. A livestream purchase gives you access for a year to the stream for a year. You can also join at any time and rewind or fast forward to the live spot of the stream.

You will receive an email notification with the access to the stream. You can get to the launch page, this will allow you to test your setup.

Live stream January 27, 2021 01:13PM
Thank you! I’m not very good with all this technology at our fingertips! Never tried live streaming, but believe that I am going to give it a shot.

Re: Live stream January 27, 2021 02:11PM
R Hall I recommend finding someone you know with a little tech savvy. There are a variety of ways to stream it from a device to your television. For instance I have a cord that plugs into my phone that allows you to hook in a charger and hdmi cable then just plug it into the tv. Much more enjoyable to watch on a big tv

Re: Live stream January 28, 2021 12:33AM
We've used phones,computers,playstations,all hooked to a 60 inch in the garage.gordy is always much easier for us than the farm show,our experience with the farm hasn't been the best,seems to pause/ freeze/ cut out a lot,but others seem to have the same problem too

Re: Live stream January 28, 2021 01:57AM
R Hall
Thank you! I’m not very good with all this technology at our fingertips! Never tried live streaming, but believe that I am going to give it a shot.

I'm right there with you...I can barely run my flip phone or sign on a computer...I cant run anything thru a computer as we have a limited monthly usage plan...I hardly even watch youtube on it as I quickly run out of GB's...I sure wouldnt have a clue how to live stream a thing to a TV set..

Re: Live stream January 28, 2021 02:42AM
If anyone has any questions on getting the live stream going send me an email (the one in my signature) or private message me on here with a number I can reach you at. I will help make sure you get setup prior to Thursday. I will be leaving Wednesday morning to head down to Shipshewana so try to reach out before hand. I can remote into your computer and walk you through and also try to walk you through getting it to your TV if you are looking to do that also.

Brent Yaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2021 02:42AM by Brent Yaron.

Re: Live stream February 01, 2021 09:33AM
I plan to stream the event this year (first time streaming). I streamed the replay of last years event a couple weeks back on my phone and that worked great. Can I stream the event directly to a smart tv or do I need to stream to my phone and buy a cable to connect to the tv?

Re: Live stream February 01, 2021 11:04AM
The best way to do that is to get Chromecast to be able to stream it from your phone to your TV. Otherwise you can get and HDMI to (whatever your phone charger port is) and for most phones and TV's that will let you play from your phone to your TV.

Brent Yaron

Re: Live stream February 02, 2021 01:24AM
Thanks for the replies, my wife is usually the one who takes care of our tech. I know we have a chromecast device so that might be my best option. I will give that a try. I'm excited for some pulling!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2021 01:25AM by Stretch.

Re: Live stream February 02, 2021 02:37AM
Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Brent Yaron

Re: Live stream February 02, 2021 03:01AM
Brent Yaron
Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Thanks for the offer!

Re: Live stream February 01, 2021 11:19AM
Lots of variables, but it depends on your phone and your TV. Most phones can wirelessly cast their screens to other devices like smart TV's. Look in your phones settings and look for screen casting (sometimes it's a little hidden but most smart phones have this feature somewhere). No wires... just a quick click or approval on the TV! Most smart TV's have a built-in browser that will allow you to watch videos from any web address so that might be an easy option too.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2021 12:02PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Live stream February 02, 2021 04:36PM
Those little Amazon Fire TVs sticks work great for this.
The cheap ones cost like 20 bucks and you can install their Silk browser through the Amazon app store. That's what I use for 95% of my live streaming on various sides. The PPL Series on Lucas TV can be installed, too. (Running a VPN I can also access TV sports streams from other countries).
Here's a little guide:
[troypoint.com]

When installed just type in the URL (address) of the stream. A little BlueTooth keyboard is helpful there as typing with the remote is a bit annoying.

The big advantage: No wires, the live streams don't stop when you get a call (!!!), a 4 hour show doesn't drain half of the batteries on your phone, you can still use your phone during the stream and you can plug that thing into any old TV with an HDMI port (so basically anything with a flat panel).

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2021 04:39PM by Sascha.

Re: Live stream February 03, 2021 06:17AM
Sascha
Those little Amazon Fire TVs sticks work great for this.
The cheap ones cost like 20 bucks and you can install their Silk browser through the Amazon app store. That's what I use for 95% of my live streaming on various sides. The PPL Series on Lucas TV can be installed, too. (Running a VPN I can also access TV sports streams from other countries).
Here's a little guide:
[troypoint.com]

When installed just type in the URL (address) of the stream. A little BlueTooth keyboard is helpful there as typing with the remote is a bit annoying.

The big advantage: No wires, the live streams don't stop when you get a call (!!!), a 4 hour show doesn't drain half of the batteries on your phone, you can still use your phone during the stream and you can plug that thing into any old TV with an HDMI port (so basically anything with a flat panel).

This is great info! I believe we have a fire stick. I will look into that tonight. Hopefully I’ll be inside soon enough to catch the test passes that will be streaming and will be able to test it out.

Re: Live stream February 03, 2021 07:05AM
I got a HDMI adapter for my iphone at walmart and I can go from my iphone to the TV direct. Works great.

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Re: Live stream February 03, 2021 01:59PM
I had my wife help me, but your process worked great. We downloaded the Silk app and I was able to view the practice sessions flawlessly. Thanks!

Re: Live stream February 05, 2021 04:09AM
My livestream has been flawless.
Only complaint I have is dropping the pan on the 8mph trs...ugh

Re: Live stream February 01, 2021 11:39AM
I stream from my android phone to my TV via a Roku. Works well no complaints.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Live stream February 03, 2021 09:35AM
What time does the test run start

Re: Live stream February 03, 2021 10:09AM
carson220
What time does the test run start
It’s up right now for me

Re: Live stream February 04, 2021 04:36AM
Is the live stream working for anybody?

Re: Live stream February 04, 2021 05:38AM
Are you kidding me ? The -live stream - doesnt work ? I swear, its nothing new people

Re: Live stream February 04, 2021 06:40AM
Working fine, and has from the first tractor.

Re: Live stream February 04, 2021 06:48AM
Keegan,

Did you send an email to whatssmokinlivestream@gmail.com?

We are here to help.

Thanks

Re: Live stream February 06, 2021 06:01PM
The live stream for the finals worked awesome, absolutely no complaints. I am very thankful to be able to watch the pull for a small fee, even though I wasn’t able to attend. I’m excited for next year because even if I can’t attend, I know I have a backup option waiting at home. Awesome work guys!

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,630, Posts: 229,694, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520