Battery February 05, 2021 12:05AM
What kind of battery and or type are you guys running? Was thinking about a single semi battery group 31. Have a 466 no alternator with a gear reduction starter and datalogger. Need hook twice a night for 2 classes. Thanks for the help.

Re: Battery February 05, 2021 05:30AM
I have gotten by with no issues running one group 31 battery, with a similar set up to what you are talking about. Can run several times without charging, depending on how much cranking you have to do to get the tractor started...

Re: Battery February 05, 2021 05:59AM
I have run two Interstate MTP65's for years. I would get 2 or 3 years out of them before replacing. I would also be able to run roughly twice on my limited pro diesel truck per night before charging. That includes running an electric pump for steering as well as two intercooler pumps, instrumentation, Cummins starter with multiple starts, etc. I think a lot of people worry way too much about how much battery power you have, I think unless you have a computer controlled engine that is dependent on voltage I don't think its too big of a deal.

Re: Battery February 05, 2021 06:01AM
With no alternator,I found on a gasoline tractor with MSD, electric fuel pump, fan,and water pump, it took it's toll on the ignition, under 12.5 volts hurt the function of the MSD box and spark, still ran,but under top performance ability.

Re: Battery February 05, 2021 02:27PM
Thanks for the answers. This is on a diesel hot farm.

Re: Battery February 05, 2021 06:39AM
16 volt.

Re: Battery February 06, 2021 09:09AM
Group 31 here also, no alternator. Runs lights, data logger, and electric water pump. Does fine, just make a habit of throwing a battery tender on it when you get home.

Follow us on Facebook @ Mean Streak Pulling Team
[m.facebook.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,698, Posts: 229,797, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard