Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 15, 2021 02:55PM
This looks like an interesting event (the entire show, not just the pull). Has anyone ever been to this event? How would you describe it?

I'm thinking of checking it out (if they are allowed to have it). Is it worth a 3 hour drive to see?

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 15, 2021 03:52PM
Its worth a cross country drive to see honestly, the best gathering of old iron anywhere.

If you go, you will want to return every time they have the event.

I would go if there wasn't any pulling.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 15, 2021 11:19PM
Absolutely!

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 16, 2021 01:02AM
Very worth it. I can only attend one day this year, but I will absolutely make the trip out just to get one day there.

CP

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 16, 2021 03:37PM
Attached are the classes for our ITPA pull there on Saturday, August 28th

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 16, 2021 03:31AM
When and where is it ?

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 16, 2021 06:01AM
August 26-29, Penfield, IL

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 17, 2021 10:06AM
The Original Michael
August 26-29, Penfield, IL

You might be thinking about the Historic Farm Days and that is in Penfield, IL.. The dates for that are July 8-11, 2021. ITPA will have a pull there also on the 9th.
5500# Antique
5500# Classic
6850# Pro Farm
9500# Pro Farm

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 16, 2021 06:07AM
Rantoul Illinois
Aug 26-29

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 16, 2021 08:32AM
What classes do they offer at this pull.

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 16, 2021 03:39AM
I've been there 4 times and its a fantastic show...I drive 500 miles one way to get there..

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 16, 2021 03:50AM
Be sure to take something you can ride on. It is a huge area to cover. Lots too see.

Rob T.

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 16, 2021 10:27AM
Half Century of Progress Website
Classes are a huge variety from plow tractors to pro stocks and mods and everything in between.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 16, 2021 12:52PM
Is there a class for Light Limited Super Stocks, doesn't give any information on the website.

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 19, 2021 06:42AM
We pulled a LLSS at the last show, and were in with the Light Supers, but thinking there were at least 3 or 4 of us. Kurt Kessler was over a hundred feet ahead of us,but hey, had a great time, lotta fun, and had definitely never pulled in front of a bigger crowd. Great show!!!

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 17, 2021 01:59PM
It’s the best group of old/muscle iron anywhere I have ever seen. HUGE working show. Plowing, picking, you name it. Lots of super cool displays. It sprawls out over several hundred acres. Take a side by side or rent a golf cart. It is worth a long trip!

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 18, 2021 03:31AM
My dad and I would love to go, but my dad doesn't walk many miles anymore. I was wondering if I could rent a golf cart or a side by side for the day. If so could somebody post a phone number on here that I could call to rent one for the day. thank you so much.

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 18, 2021 03:42AM
From the Half Century Website.

Renting a Golf Cart-- Can I reserve one?
You may call 1-866-275-2742. Golf carts will be open for reservation April 15, 2021

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 18, 2021 11:10PM
I've been there 6 times and I'm going again. I will never miss it! But you will need a side by side. First year I was there I went by myself and walked the entire thing. I was a lot younger then but I was shot for a week later. Then I had the idea if I got to haul my ranger I could just as well bring a tractor to pull too. 500 miles for me.

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 20, 2021 03:48AM
Does anyone know if they are having the mph farm stock classes again? I think it was like 12,000 12mph maybe? Got a tractor I would consider taking if I knew there was a class for it.

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 20, 2021 06:07AM
I will post classes and schedule for the pulls as the time gets closer. We are working through several things with a show of this size and scope, then throw the corona curve ball in the mix...

As for now we planned on things being similar to 2019 show with scheduling and classes but a few minor changes. It is a huge challenge to do as much as we can to try to accommodate as many as we do. We plan on pulling Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with different sanctioning bodies and clubs.

The website will be updated as well

Andy Buhr - Co-Superintendent For HCOP Pull.

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 20, 2021 09:16AM
You got this brother. I'm extremely bummed about the schedule conflict, but it can't be helped. 1 day will have to do.

CP

Re: Is Half Century of Progress show in IL worth the trip? February 20, 2021 10:50AM
Lite Puller
I will post classes and schedule for the pulls as the time gets closer. We are working through several things with a show of this size and scope, then throw the corona curve ball in the mix...

As for now we planned on things being similar to 2019 show with scheduling and classes but a few minor changes. It is a huge challenge to do as much as we can to try to accommodate as many as we do. We plan on pulling Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with different sanctioning bodies and clubs.

The website will be updated as well

Andy Buhr - Co-Superintendent For HCOP Pull.

Thanks Andy, how's everything coming along?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,630, Posts: 229,694, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520