What will be the next class to be dropped. March 09, 2021 10:00AM
What will be the next class to be dropped by the National Organization's?

Re: What will be the next class to be dropped. March 09, 2021 11:05AM
Unlimited mods

Re: What will be the next class to be dropped. March 11, 2021 09:36AM
GirbachA,
Seriously some of the so called Unlimiteds are making so much power now that if they make even the slightest wrong move they become dangerous to the driver as well as anyone even close to them. As I asked in our last mod meeting (and yes I got ridiculed for it) when is enough enough. This is just me thinking out loud but the tires in this class scare me...there is a limit out there somewhere that they won't survive and it could be getting close!!! When one of those monster tires explodes while one wheeling at 250+ MPH I don't know about you but I don't want to be within 300' of that tractor. Should we wait until it happens to do something about it? They say that every safety rule has somebody's name attached to it, I don't want to be that somebody nore do I want it to be one of my friends.

Look at the only hook they had last summer, the tractor with likley the least HP won both nights, the points champion the summer before didn't run 5 engines and didn't run screws.

You want Unlimited? No weight, no length, no tire limits, fuel restrictions, how far should "UNLIMITED" be taken to satisfy what you would call the class? Besides Unlimited is just a name that the powers that be use to sell a class nothing more nothing less.

S'no Farmer

Re: What will be the next class to be dropped. March 11, 2021 11:27AM
Read what I wrote! I'm with 100% when enough is enough but I have a problem when it is billed under false pretenses " unlimited"! Its clearly not unlimited when they knock OD speed down. I for one think 14s are big enough for a heavy mod class since they're still pulling for purse money from the 1980s!! With that being said I believe that the two big mod organizations should align rules to make it easier for competitors to hook any each others events! I dont care who's rules or if new ones are made but having 5-7 tractors at a grand national hook is not a pull. It's a exhibition!!! Go thru 2019 season results and look at the unlimited class. They should be damn happy some of the ppl guys showed up at events or it would have has piss poor entry numbers. All I'm saying is make it easier for competitors to put on a show for the fans and get the numbers up!!!

Re: What will be the next class to be dropped. March 11, 2021 12:35PM
Ok I can agree with that. I would love to see some rules across organizations.

S'no Farmer

Re: What will be the next class to be dropped. March 09, 2021 12:44PM
Why would they drop the Unlimited Mods they have better numbers than the GN Mods or the Lt Unlimiteds the Heavy Unlimited Mods have a big fan base?

S'no Farmer

Re: What will be the next class to be dropped. March 09, 2021 02:25PM
They'll be all combined into one class before long

Re: What will be the next class to be dropped. March 09, 2021 03:03PM
Art Decco
What will be the next class to be dropped by the National Organization's?

I think a better question would be, What will the next class be adopted by national organizations.

Re: What will be the next class to be dropped. March 09, 2021 03:25PM
I'd like to see a non 466 ih-jd based class be national.so I'm going with llss

Re: What will be the next class to be dropped. March 09, 2021 04:09PM
patches
I'd like to see a non 466 ih-jd based class be national.so I'm going with llss

And I'd like to see a 2 and 1/2 turbo charger class also.

Re: What will be the next class to be dropped. March 09, 2021 10:50PM
I don’t know what class would be dropped but I would like to se a 3 to 4 cyl 4500 pound class 250 cube limit alcohol and diesel with your 21/2 turbo limit

Re: What will be the next class to be dropped. March 10, 2021 02:54PM
Lewis
I don’t know what class would be dropped but I would like to se a 3 to 4 cyl 4500 pound class 250 cube limit alcohol and diesel with your 21/2 turbo limit

LOL Lewis that sounds like a great idea! Mini rod sleds could be used. The only thing is which half of the turbo should be cut off?

I know a thumbs down is coming and that's ok.

And Who Is going to pay to watch this class???? March 10, 2021 11:29PM
And Who Is going to pay to watch this class???? Not me and a lot of other people!

Re: And Who Is going to pay to watch this class???? March 10, 2021 11:47PM
You might be surprised how good of a class this could be, im sure it would be more of a state/local thing but with todays technology could be quite entertaining.

Re: What will be the next class to be dropped. March 12, 2021 03:23AM
That would be awesome. Of course various compact diesel classes (basically diesel mini rods with sheetmetal) have been attempted for years and none really seem to get off the ground. Not sure why. If nothing else I would think that there should be more of a demand for classes in pulling that don't require vehicles the size and weight of full size tractors. There has to be people out there who want to go pulling but are put off by the size and weight of most modern pulling tractor classes for transport and storage purposes. A class with some power and excitement that can be run out of half a typical 2 stall garage and transported with a 1/2 ton or larger truck would seem to be a niche that needs filling.

Truth March 10, 2021 09:47AM
It's no longer a unlimited class. Once they curtailed the OD on screwblowers it became a heavy mod class!!! Call it what it really is. That being said, have a light mod and heavy mod class. Make the heavy mod align with ppl using whomever rules and be done with it!

Re: Truth March 10, 2021 01:47PM
I hope the PPL or NTPA Intoduces a Actual light modified class someday. Single Hemi, 2 Chevy's, single turbine, or 2 small ones, and one Allison 8.1 Supercharger on Fuel injected or 9.6 Carbureted. Like the ITPA and Outlaws have. Main reason is I have a Allison that will fit in nicely lol.

Re: Truth March 11, 2021 01:42AM
Is there a such thing as an unlimited “run what ya bring” class in the states or oversees? Would love to see a class that had a weight limit, some chassis specifications, appropriate safety rules and that be it.

Re: Truth March 11, 2021 04:40AM
Closest thing is USA East RWYB trucks. SSDs, single charger, SMFWDs (roots and 1 Procharger so far), TWDs, Long-wheelbase nitrous gas trucks have all hooked it.

Not a true Unlimited, but if pulling has a version of Pro Mod, that's it.

CP

Re: Truth March 11, 2021 05:33AM
The ppl mod class rules were made by/for pullers that didn't want to pull with the current NTPA rules at the time. So good luck with the rules being uniform any time soon.

New Class March 11, 2021 11:03AM
As a PPL Promoter, i would like to see a class like what Lex5060R is explaining. I would love to book the modified tractor class but they are usually booked somewhere else the weekend I want them. They are also super expensive. I would like to see a light modified class thats a bit more affordable, like the same price as the super farm class. There's a market for this class, I'd book it every year!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,757, Posts: 229,914, Members: 3,335.
This forum: Topics: 37,092, Posts: 226,013.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM