RPM Act March 15, 2021 03:51PM
The one thing we should all agree upon is limiting the overreach of the EPA into motorsports. The bipartisan RPM Act is a means to do so. Contact your Senators and Congressional Representative to voice your support for this important legislation at the link below, provided by SEMA.

RPM Act Congressional Link

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: RPM Act March 15, 2021 04:27PM
This is the email I got back from Dick Durbin.

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act of 2019 (S. 2602). I appreciate hearing from you.

This bill, introduced by Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina, would amend Title II, Section 203 of the Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. 7522), to exclude vehicles used solely for motorsport competition. Title II sets emissions standards for motor vehicles. This bill would direct the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to add language to the Clean Air Act exempting vehicles used only for competition no later than 12 months after the law is enacted. This bill would allow people to modify their motorsport vehicles by removing pollution controls required by the Clean Air Act. Some of these modifications would increase air pollution.

The Clean Air Act authorizes the EPA to establish National Ambient Air Quality Standards to protect public health and welfare and to regulate hazardous air pollution. Exemption of motorsport vehicles from the emission standards under the Clean Air Act would reduce efforts to combat pollution. Throughout my career in Congress, I have opposed efforts to weaken this law.

This bill has been referred to the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee for consideration. I will keep your thoughts in mind as this bill is discussed in the Senate.

Thank you for contacting me about this issue. Please feel free to keep in touch.

Re: RPM Act March 16, 2021 02:37AM
This is the email I got back from Senator Tammy Baldwin

Thank you for contacting me to share your concerns that Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations could impact converted racing vehicles. It’s good to hear from you.

I have heard from many people who are involved with racing and are worried about how EPA regulation might prohibit the conversion of emissions systems. Auto racing has a rich history in Wisconsin, and racing converted vehicles is a hobby many Wisconsinites enjoy. While there is a place for emissions standards for vehicles driven on public roads, I don’t believe that the racetrack should be burdened by unwarranted environmental regulations, and I am proud to support legislation that will ensure converted race cars are not regulated.

That’s why I cosponsored the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports (RPM) Act (S. 2602), introduced by Senator Richard Burr (R-NC) on October 16, 2019. This bipartisan effort would provide clarification from Congress that EPA emissions control regulations will not be imposed on converted racing vehicles used only for competition. I believe this is an important step to provide certainty to Wisconsinites and people across the country who are involved with racing. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this proposal, which did not become law before the 116th Congress concluded in December 2020 and therefore would have to be reintroduced in the 117th Congress, which began on January 3, 2021.

As our nation moves forward in the 117th Congress, please be assured your thoughts will inform my views should this bill or similar legislation come before me in the U.S. Senate.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: RPM Act March 16, 2021 05:20AM
The EPA is truly a typical government run entity, that once initiated had good intentions, but then grows into a power hungry monster! They must need to keep dreaming up schemes so they can keep their cushy gov jobs!

Re: RPM Act March 16, 2021 02:57AM
Clark did you reply properly?

Re: RPM Act March 16, 2021 04:35AM
F-30puller
Clark did you reply properly?

Not yet and I'm not going to say what I feel like saying HERE!

Lenny, going to add here that it went to Tammy Duckworth and Darin LaHood also. I have not heard back from them yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2021 05:26AM by Supertiquer.

Re: RPM Act March 16, 2021 03:59AM
Sponsor Sen. Burr, Richard [R-NC] (Introduced 10/16/2019)
Cosponsor's

Sen. Manchin, Joe, III [D-WV]
Sen. Tillis, Thom [R-NC]
Sen. Graham, Lindsey [R-SC]
Sen. Risch, James E. [R-ID]
Sen. Capito, Shelley Moore [R-WV]
Sen. Fischer, Deb [R-NE]
Sen. Scott, Tim [R-SC]
Sen. Braun, Mike [R-IN]
Sen. Barrasso, John [R-WY]
Sen. Inhofe, James M. [R-OK]
Sen. Gardner, Cory [R-CO]
Sen. Johnson, Ron [R-WI]
Sen. Crapo, Mike [R-ID]
Sen. Cruz, Ted [R-TX]
Sen. Tester, Jon [D-MT]
Sen. Jones, Doug [D-AL]
Sen. Sinema, Kyrsten [D-AZ]*
Sen. Young, Todd [R-IN]
Sen. Boozman, John [R-AR]
Sen. Moran, Jerry [R-KS]
Sen. Sullivan, Dan [R-AK]
Sen. Rubio, Marco [R-FL]
Sen. Cramer, Kevin [R-ND]
Sen. Baldwin, Tammy [D-WI]*
Sen. Rounds, Mike [R-SD]*
Sen. Casey, Robert P., Jr. [D-PA]
Sen. Perdue, David [R-GA]
Sen. Peters, Gary C. [D-MI]
Sen. McSally, Martha [R-AZ]
Sen. Ernst, Joni [R-IA]

Re: RPM Act March 16, 2021 01:30AM
And my response to that is for him to acknowledge the number of people employed in his constituency by motorsports. Track owners and staff, fairground staff, product producers, etc. If they are truly worried about emissions, why not do something meaningful or is motorsports, due to its built-in publicity, simply low-hanging fruit? I might point out to him that he likely burns more fuel on plane rides to and from Washington than is spent on a weekend of fun for a LOT of people, some of whom are paying taxes to enjoy that evening.

I don't really do politics, but this is a fight absolutely worth having!

CP

Re: RPM Act March 16, 2021 06:23AM
Pleasantly surprised to see Tammy Baldwin as an apparently solid supporter. Would think this should be able to get through both houses if it gets to the floor. I can't imagine any Rs opposing, and it looks like it has some D support as well.

Re: RPM Act March 16, 2021 10:24AM
And I thought we have problems in Europe?!
The EPA is out of their mind, isn't it?

We have super strict rules about what you can get on the road (basically you can get anything on the road that has been tested by our technical engineers - but you gotta pay them guys to test it for a week on the Nürburgring - which of course few can afford) - and our stuff is checked for emissions and technical safety every other year. But off-road they totally give a sh*t.

Just seeing the latest news from the US:
After Trump passed us on the right, what Biden is doing now is passing us on the far left. Does the common middle ground seem to have become rare over there?

Our newspapers here, who criticized Trump here and there are now all over Biden and "him spending even more money he doesn't have" and there's been quite a few articles about "Gender madness" in the US lately.

Interesting times in deed!

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2021 10:26AM by Sascha.

Re: RPM Act March 18, 2021 04:42AM
Here is the e-mail I received from Tammy Duckworth this morning.

Dear Neighbor,

Thank you for contacting me about the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports (RPM) Act. I appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of your concerns on this important matter.

If enacted, the RPM Act would exclude the conversion of road vehicles to race cars from anti-tampering provisions under the Clean Air Act. While this legislation did not advance in the 116th Congress, I will keep your thoughts in mind if it is reintroduced this Congress.

I am committed to identifying sustainable solutions to rebuild our aging roads and bridges, improve safety, reduce congestion, spur innovation and address climate change. Please be assured that I will continue to fight for more resources to improve roads, rail, airports and waterways throughout our region.

Thank you again for contacting me on this important issue. If you would like more information on my work in the Senate, please visit my website at www.duckworth.senate.gov. You can access my voting record and see what I am doing to address today’s most important issues. I hope that you will continue to share your views and opinions with me and let me know whenever I may be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Tammy Duckworth
United States Senator

Re: RPM Act March 18, 2021 07:59AM
I received basically the same auto reply, within seconds of pressing send,LOL

Senator Amy Klobuchar

Wed, Mar 17 at 12:25 PM

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter, and I will keep your views in mind as relevant legislation and other decisions related to this issue come before the Senate.

I continue to be humbled to be your Senator, and one of the most important parts of my job is listening to the people of Minnesota. I am here in our nation’s capital to do the public’s business. I hope you will contact me again about matters of concern to you.

- Amy

Re: RPM Act March 18, 2021 08:22AM
My reply from Sen. Rand Paul:

"Dear Mr. Lively,

Thank you for contacting me regarding your support for S.2602, the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports (RPM) Act. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue. At this time, S.2602 has been referred to the Committee on Environment and Public Works where it awaits further consideration. Rest assured I will consider S.2602 carefully should it receive a vote in the Senate.

Instead of issuing more regulations and restrictions on what manufacturers may build and what Americans can do with their vehicles, policymakers in Washington should instead focus on providing relief to the American driving public. Rather than picking winners and losers, Congress should work toward a strong, growing economy where American consumers can choose to modify their vehicle in ways they desire. I look forward to working with my Senate colleagues on improving the environment and promoting American innovation, market competition, and consumer choice.

If you would like to discuss your support for the RPM Act in more detail, or if you have any questions on this or any other issues, please feel free to call my Washington, DC office at 202-224-4343. You can also connect with me at www.paul.senate.gov, my Facebook and Twitter pages, and my YouTube channel, where you can also see my latest activities and most up-to-date commentary on current issues.

Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor and privilege to represent the Commonwealth of Kentucky in the United States Senate, and I hope you will continue to share your views with me.

Sincerely,

Rand Paul"

I got an automated response from my Rep. Brett Guthrie and nothing from Sen. McConnell

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: RPM Act March 20, 2021 03:07AM
Joey
I received basically the same auto reply, within seconds of pressing send,LOL

Senator Amy Klobuchar

Wed, Mar 17 at 12:25 PM

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter, and I will keep your views in mind as relevant legislation and other decisions related to this issue come before the Senate.

I continue to be humbled to be your Senator, and one of the most important parts of my job is listening to the people of Minnesota. I am here in our nation’s capital to do the public’s business. I hope you will contact me again about matters of concern to you.

- Amy

Well, you certainly got a well thought out and considerate response!!!! Makes you wonder what is going on in that mind when she is perpetually smiling no matter the issue.

Re: RPM Act March 18, 2021 11:14AM
Clark we have zero representation in our state, at all levels. Even the conservative ones aren't really. Term limits won't help because if we ever got a good young rep they'd limit out.

Re: RPM Act March 18, 2021 01:23PM
Lenny, Duckworths response was about worthless to me because I know it wasn't written by her. Still waiting on LaHood's response.

Re: RPM Act March 19, 2021 04:37AM
This is the final one from Darin Lahood.

March 19, 2021

Dear Clark,
Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts regarding H.R. 5434, the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act. Your views are important to me as I work to effectively represent you and Illinois’ 18th Congressional District.

You will be pleased to know that I am a cosponsor of H.R. 5434, which was introduced by Representative Patrick McHenry (NC-10) on December 16, 2019. If enacted, this legislation would allow for air emissions-related changes to a vehicle for the purpose of converting it into a racecar used exclusively in competition.

On January 3, 2021, the 117th Congress began. All legislation introduced in a previous Congress will need to be reintroduced in the current Congress for consideration. I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind should the U.S. House of Representatives consider similar legislation in the future. I look forward to continuing to be supportive of this effort.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please stay in touch and share your views as we discuss these issues in Congress. Call one of our offices and visit our website at: [lahood.house.gov], where you may find additional information and sign up for my regular E-newsletter updates. I also encourage you to like our Facebook page at: [www.facebook.com] or follow us on Twitter at: [twitter.com] where we can continue our conversation.

Sincerely,

Darin LaHood
Member of Congress

Re: RPM Act March 23, 2021 02:49PM
So I copied Darin LaHood's email response to me and sent it to Dick Durbin and told Dick that maybe he should rethink.

Re: RPM Act March 24, 2021 11:34AM
Our senators are worthless

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,790, Posts: 229,989, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,066.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009