Dirt Additives for pulling tracks / any opinions on this March 20, 2021 11:56AM
Are any of the promoters using any of the additives like VP dirt track additive?

VP stay wet / used in dirt circle track racing
[vpracingfuels.com]

As horsepower increases each year would this help with compaction, or does it just help control dust?

As pullers build more hp each year, is there anyway to improve the dirt compaction?

Just wondering. Maybe some VHT mixed with Gorilla Glue Smoking but then again, that would add drag to the pan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2021 11:56AM by kevinh.

Re: Dirt Additives for pulling tracks / any opinions on this March 20, 2021 02:01PM
Dish detergent, powdered laundry detergent, pine-sol, sprayer surfactant, just some of the things I've seen added to track water before.

Re: Dirt Additives for pulling tracks / any opinions on this March 23, 2021 12:55PM
Logan Thomas
Dish detergent, powdered laundry detergent, pine-sol, sprayer surfactant, just some of the things I've seen added to track water before.

Thanks for the info Logan and others that posted info.
Horse S#&! and saw dust has many uses.Winking My great grandfather said to seal a plumbing waste / drain pipe back in the 40s and 50s "just throw a little horse s#&! and saw dust down the drain and that'll seal it right upSmoking

Thanks CPR for the links to the VP interview.

Re: Dirt Additives for pulling tracks / any opinions on this March 21, 2021 01:02AM
Dish soap and pine sol can help with dust, but Can make hard and slick.
In my experience. However a lemon soap does work well in the pits to control mosquitoes!!

Re: Dirt Additives for pulling tracks / any opinions on this March 21, 2021 01:24AM
Depends on the track you have? Some types of clay can turn into concrete with just a bit too much water? yet get quite dusty when pulling on a bright sunny day, and of course it will either be too much grip or not enough....

Re: Dirt Additives for pulling tracks / any opinions on this March 21, 2021 04:48AM
Sand is the best for a track that gets hard or tight. Also allows for ease of track maintenance for keeping track consistent.

Re: Dirt Additives for pulling tracks / any opinions on this March 21, 2021 08:21AM
It’s great to offer the best track possible, but part of the beauty of dirt is that it changes, in my eyes it gives us an opportunity to see who can actually uses skills to drive their equipment when conditions aren’t so favorable, to me that is part of competition.

Re: Dirt Additives for pulling tracks / any opinions on this March 21, 2021 08:36AM
Team one
It’s great to offer the best track possible, but part of the beauty of dirt is that it changes, in my eyes it gives us an opportunity to see who can actually uses skills to drive their equipment when conditions aren’t so favorable, to me that is part of competition.

Good point, but on the other hand:
Nothing like the number one hook beating the entire class by 20 feet Spinning

I was thinking more along the lines of the additives to help keep the track more consistent throughout a class.

Just trying to throw out some ideals to keep pulling great in 2021Winking

Re: Dirt Additives for pulling tracks / any opinions on this March 21, 2021 09:09AM
Yes , dish soap worked into the dirt the first layer with the best is creosate fluid thats used in lumber treating - its best to start a few days ahead and rub it in by hand - soak it in real good as other simple people stand there and think your the smartest individual on the planet- geesh lol, its simple compation of dirt

Re: Dirt Additives for pulling tracks / any opinions on this March 21, 2021 11:19AM
Nice on the hand rubbed. Waygu track coming soon.

I talked about this over a year ago [podcasts.google.com]

After listening to Dane Miller from VP who developed it [dirtnerds.libsyn.com]

Re: Dirt Additives for pulling tracks / any opinions on this March 22, 2021 01:51PM
cpr
Nice on the hand rubbed. Waygu track coming soon.

I talked about this over a year ago [podcasts.google.com]

After listening to Dane Miller from VP who developed it [dirtnerds.libsyn.com]

Thumbs Up

Re: Dirt Additives for pulling tracks / any opinions on this March 22, 2021 02:09PM
Rcktmn
Sand is the best for a track that gets hard or tight. Also allows for ease of track maintenance for keeping track consistent.

I will blatantly argue that point.... intentionally adding sand to a pulling track IS NOT a good idea. A heavy clay track needs organic matter to make it consistent & prevent it from getting too hard. The best way to achieve this is by adding animal waste, wood shavings or sawdust, straw, anything that will decay quickly. Get your track to grow a solid stand of grass, and when its pull week, don't blade the grass off, DISK IT IN!!! Organic matter will also help the track hold moisture,, why do you think Bowling Green adds sawdust & wood chips to their dirt???

Re: Dirt Additives for pulling tracks / any opinions on this March 21, 2021 05:41PM
One of the best additives to make pulling more interesting is an old recipe that Dad handed down to me.

2oz Canadian Wiskey
3/4 oz Sweet red vermouth
A dash of bitters
Maraschino cherry. And repeat.

Re: Dirt Additives for pulling tracks / any opinions on this March 22, 2021 01:50PM
gonzo 1066
One of the best additives to make pulling more interesting is an old recipe that Dad handed down to me.

2oz Canadian Wiskey
3/4 oz Sweet red vermouth
A dash of bitters
Maraschino cherry. And repeat.
Thumbs Up

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,685, Posts: 229,787, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason