will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 21, 2021 08:57AM
what do you guys think will happen with hot farm do you think ntpa will pick them up

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 21, 2021 09:08AM
I believe they added them several years ago......

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 23, 2021 04:22AM
I think everybody needs to remember that not all hot farm classes are the same. I live in Iowa, and we have 466 hot farms, just like outlaw, Nebraska bush, bstp, ppl midwest/silver series, and every ntpa member state like Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota. what's wrong with a 466? I don't see anything wrong with hot farm, llss being in NTPA and PPL, but at a regional/pro-national level. I'm tired of reading all of this "entry-level" class crap. Want to run pro stock, go ahead. Want to run farm stock, go ahead. Quit giving people S$!t about others not spending the money for the bigger classes. Yet, hot farm should never be a GN class. Go to Tomah and bowling green, nobody wants to wait for unlimiteds and pro stocks, diesel super stocks, and semis, for a small class of hot farm tractors.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 21, 2021 09:10AM
Already have have 4 hooks this year in region II.

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 21, 2021 09:54AM
Yes i do believe hot farm will be a gn class in the near future. Along with llss. Just because they will be a gn class doesn't necessarily mean it will have to be booked everywhere it just gives promoters more options, especially promoters with a budget. Both hot farm and llss would have big numbers with pullers from all over the country. These 2 classes are the future of pulling.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 21, 2021 10:34AM
I do not see the hot farms being a national class.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Next GN classes March 21, 2021 11:16AM
Spot on CP! Next there will be GN underwater basket weaving or Grand National bicycle pulling!

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 21, 2021 11:06AM
Had a conversation in the staging area just before the start last night with a Pro Farm puller, a Too Hot To Farm puller, and a Super Farm puller. We all agreed the biggest thing that would screw that class up would be putting them on 24.5 tires. I was wrong. Making it at GN class would be the biggest thing that would screw it up.

CP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2021 04:34PM by cpr.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 21, 2021 03:51PM
Is hot farm not worthy to be a gn class because you don't need to be a millionaire to compete in it? Or 510 cubes is too small because it would make more sense to make it 640 to make it eligible for only the green and red tractors to compete in? Or would there be too many tractors in the class? Or that they put on a better show than a super farm?

Yeah i don't see an issue with hot farms competing in the gn circuit, but i know that others do and those are the same people who don't understand the problem in modern pulling.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 21, 2021 11:28PM
I believe the Hot Farm class could very well become a Grand National Class. The problem is, once it becomes a Grand National class they will want to increase Tire size and the Cubic Inch so Big Block Deere's can run in the class. We don't need another Big Block Deere Class !!! 510 Cubic Inch and 20.8 x 38 tires should be the maximum !!! If you increase tire size or increase cubic inch it is no longer Hot Farm !!! Three of these classes already exist, Super Farm, Light Pro and Limited Pro !!!

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 22, 2021 12:37AM
From watching the other night I was wondering how much more hp they have then superfarms?

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 22, 2021 03:19AM
So you're saying the NTPA Hot Farms have more power than a Super Farm ? Wow Hot Farms must be way different in the NTPA than here.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 22, 2021 05:06AM
Hot farm varies greatly across the country from a little more than stock up to hotter than limited pros depending on rules. The hot farm we're talking about here run basically an identical sled setting as super farms.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 23, 2021 06:53AM
Ed I talked to a few of them when we were out for Gordywana. If your not making 1400+ your lacking

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 22, 2021 07:06AM
they dont have more hp than a sf

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 22, 2021 01:22PM
It isn't a BBJD class yet... But then again season hasn't started yet either Spinning

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 22, 2021 01:02AM
What we do not need is to further dilute the GN product with yet another class offering.

CP

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 23, 2021 02:24AM
Predictor
Is hot farm not worthy to be a gn class because you don't need to be a millionaire to compete in it? Or 510 cubes is too small because it would make more sense to make it 640 to make it eligible for only the green and red tractors to compete in? Or would there be too many tractors in the class? Or that they put on a better show than a super farm?

Yeah i don't see an issue with hot farms competing in the gn circuit, but i know that others do and those are the same people who don't understand the problem in modern pulling.

A GN class should have a GN points circuit, yes (unless you are an NTPA Open SS puller, but I digress)? Hot Farm is the latest, greatest "Entry Level" class, just like Pro Stock, then Super Farm, then Light Pro, then Limited Pro. I was not at the meetings, but cannot believe either Hot Farm or LLSS, or Limited Pro Diesel Trucks, etc. were intended to follow a National circuit that could take them to southwest Tennessee, Dodge City, KS, or Langford, NY to name a few.

That's not to say that a Regional Class can't hook at GN events, but as far as being a GN points class, I don't believe that was what the powers that be ever intended it to be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2021 02:24AM by The Original Michael.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 23, 2021 04:15AM
Predictor

GN is for high quality, big horsepower tractors. Yes, hot farm gets the pullers and the spectators, but GN is for unlimited mods, pro stocks, super stocks, semis, minis, twd, fwd, etc.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 22, 2021 09:47AM
Funny international guys all seem every class is a big block Deere class
640 is a good cube limit because if you want you can go super farm or 4.1

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 22, 2021 01:34PM
I think that this thread has absolutely gone too far. The 510 hot farm has done good for a reason and it is because of the cubic in limit being in a place that most colors can get with minimum work and it allows these tractors to turn more rpms and put on a better show. If you make hot farm 640 with no turbo limit you are talking about a tractor that is going to be 2000+ hp and it is simply not a hot farm. Also, if you limit the turbo to 3x3.5 with 640 the class will be just like a super farm with small tires. The class needs to stay at 510 because it allows for many different colors, it puts on a better show because the tractors turn more rpms. The only change that I would make would be to drop the weight to 9000lbs to further make it a drivers game and allow the tires to spin a little more which puts on a good show.

what i think the rules should be March 22, 2021 12:32PM
i think the rules should be 640 cubic inch limit 20.8-42 tire limit and you can run without roll cage and no p pumps no turbo limit and just let some good ol country boys show up that know how to build a 466 motor and just let em run

Re: what i think the rules should be March 23, 2021 01:02AM
The no speed limit no cage days are over and that is a very good thing.

CP

Re: what i think the rules should be March 23, 2021 04:12AM
colton casper
i think the rules should be 640 cubic inch limit 20.8-42 tire limit and you can run without roll cage and no p pumps no turbo limit and just let some good ol country boys show up that know how to build a 466 motor and just let em run

Go to a brush pull if you want to do that. NTPA and PPL are for national competitors, not out of the farm pullers.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 22, 2021 01:14PM
also there should be no speed limit

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 24, 2021 11:25PM
I’m not saying I agree with a run what you brung with no safety implemented Colton Casper but there has to be some limitations in place even for brush pullers. I remember a recent video of a sled malfunction at what appeared to be out at a country pull and the pan was on top of the roll cage. . IH 540 what’s wrong with 540 instead of 510 ? 540 is a good number for all color engine combinations to hit . The only reason I see 510 instead of 540 is some small block guys keeping big blocks out. Well it won’t keep the big block Deere’s out . They can still get down to 510 cubes . And Tomah winner as far as ntpa and ppl being professional yes but more like just pulling check books after a certain point don’t you think ?

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 25, 2021 01:33AM
A big block is on its way in 2021

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 25, 2021 06:47AM
Ooohh.... Back blocks scare me!!! Not.... Bring it on premonition. Won't be the first Big block to get skinned up with a smaller motor!!!

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 25, 2021 07:26AM
Big block you mean? If they are both 510 could you tell me which one would be the smaller motor? Spinning

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 25, 2021 09:55AM
I guess my point is that I have seen smaller engines skin bigger ones. So if you make the Big one smaller the it should be no problem. Not to mention the added weight you have to deal with in the way of movable weight. Just saying that it doesn't make sense to use a big block in a small cube class thats all.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 25, 2021 10:45AM
Same weight as a 4.1 limited prostock. Plus lighter components and less power so it should be easier to balance than what you’d be typically used to seeing

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 25, 2021 01:12PM
There are some 7200 lb 5010 and 5020 around Ohio that leaves a lot of movable weight in a 9500 lb class Frightened

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 30, 2021 02:55AM
question: do the IPL and other pulling leagues east of the Mississippi allow hot farms to have components? The only components I know of are pro stocks and above.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 25, 2021 03:05PM
I am sure that when hot farm decides to go component then NTPA will pick them up.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 27, 2021 06:29AM
A couple years ago, over some adult beverages, we speculated about setting up a version of a class like this that could bring in new sponsor opportunities. How about setting the cubic inch limit so the parts would be cheap and having no rules on injection pumps, fuel or water. Allow nitrous oxide, nitromethane, propane and alcohol in the water. Run at 7000lbs and on 18.4-38's so the wheel speed could legitimately be over 100mph and make it a true drivers class. The fans would show up like sprint car fans with goggles in case they got coveres with dirt or hot oil. You could even allow an extra 300lbs to the guy who attempts to run Rice and Cane tires uncut.

For the first time ever, sanctioning bodies could pursue sponsors like NOS and Nitrous Works. Valve and piston manufacturers and coaters would have alot at stake to offer contingencies to the winners too. Even if only 3 or 4 tractors were built, it would make joining it with a Grand National Super Farm class bearable to watch as a combo class. The guy with Rice and Canes would make holes deep enough to lose a grader tractor in and if any of these other Top Fuel Hot Farm tractors hooked up, they'd make the Silver Bullet look like a Silver King. The rest of the class would have to go around the half buried grader tractor sticking out of the ground. So much for a wet spot being an obstacle to avoid. If this gets boring, then require a MINIMUM blood alcohol content to compete. Of course, this class will most likely come to fruition within weeks of Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer begging Donald Trump to return to the White House.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 30, 2021 03:02AM
Been around
A couple of years ago, over some adult beverages, we speculated about setting up a version of a class like this that could bring in new sponsor opportunities. How about setting the cubic inch limit so the parts would be cheap and having no rules on injection pumps, fuel, or water. Allow nitrous oxide, nitromethane, propane, and alcohol in the water. Run at 7000lbs and on 18.4-38's so the wheel speed could legitimately be over 100mph and make it a true driver's class. The fans would show up like sprint car fans with goggles in case they got covered with dirt or hot oil. You could even allow an extra 300lbs to the guy who attempts to run Rice and Cane tires uncut.

For the first time ever, sanctioning bodies could pursue sponsors like NOS and Nitrous Works. Valve and piston manufacturers and coaters would have a lot at stake to offer contingencies to the winners too. Even if only 3 or 4 tractors were built, it would make joining it with a Grand National Super Farm class bearable to watch as a combo class. The guy with Rice and Canes would make holes deep enough to lose a grader tractor in and if any of these other Top Fuel Hot Farm tractors hooked up, they'd make the Silver Bullet look like a Silver King. The rest of the class would have to go around the half-buried grader tractor sticking out of the ground. So much for a wet spot being an obstacle to avoid. If this gets boring, then require a MINIMUM blood alcohol content to compete. Of course, this class will most likely come to fruition within weeks of Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer begging Donald Trump to return to the White House.

You'll never be able to run no limits and nitro, nitrous, etc without breaking crap apart. Pulling still needs limitations. Just look at outlaw super farms and/or pro stocks. They are limited to a certain version of turbo for about 3 years, then they get to change. They do this because they want the class to be fair. If we don't have limitations, why don't we all just run USS? I mean, when NTPA banned the 903 Cummins, it changed the whole class. Yet, before they outlawed it, the chizek team always won it. Who knows, maybe I'm crazy, but I like classes that are FAIR to the whole class, and I like seeing different winners at each event.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 30, 2021 05:43AM
If I remember correctly I saw Galot in the winner circle a lot. The teams with the most money and dedication will nearly always come out on top

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 30, 2021 05:48AM
Weird
If I remember correctly I saw Galot in the winner circle a lot. The teams with the most money and dedication will nearly always come out on top

You get what I mean

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class March 30, 2021 09:21AM
Wow you guys really know how to fu** up a good thread talking about a good class I really can't believe it took this long before you started talking about alcohol tractor's

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class April 02, 2021 02:43PM
Would hate to see NTPA/ PPL HF go bigger cubes and fatter tires. 510 and 20.8 - 38 is what makes that class different and great.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class April 04, 2021 12:25AM
Maybe it has been posted in past .i am curious why is 510 the cube limit ? How did they decide this number and not 466 or 540 ?

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class April 04, 2021 01:34AM
510 is probably best. Sick and tired or red/green at 466. Let someone try with a 504 Case, 505 Cummins, 510 Perkins and other combinations. All those red and green guys continually bashing other brands. Or if you want it 466 then allow exceptions for those other engine combinations. It gets done all the time in automotive competitions. Lets others play in the sandbox also.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class April 04, 2021 04:31AM
As the previous to responses have proven, ask a simple question get a stupid answer.

I too would like to know how the ci limit came to be. Not because I disagree with it but just out of curiosity.

To the previous posters chiming in about a red or green show I’ve got a news flash for you..... 540 ci limits and below are still a red and green show.... your hot farm class at 510 is still a red green show. Tractor pulling in general is a red green show. Run the numbers and you will find that lower ci limits do encourage some color but it does not change the end result of the participation dominance of red and green.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class April 05, 2021 03:00PM
To who know why
As the previous to responses have proven, ask a simple question get a stupid answer.

I too would like to know how the ci limit came to be. Not because I disagree with it but just out of curiosity.

To the previous posters chiming in about a red or green show I’ve got a news flash for you..... 540 ci limits and below are still a red and green show.... your hot farm class at 510 is still a red green show. Tractor pulling in general is a red green show. Run the numbers and you will find that lower ci limits do encourage some color but it does not change the end result of the participation dominance of red and green.

You are correct as most classes are dominated by red and green. But on any given night in southern Indiana in hot farm you can have 10-14 tractors and have 4-5 different color tractors and any color can run well enough to win it.

As far the the Ci limit I’m not sure where or why it was set but it’s been that way sense the late 90’s early 2000’s.

Re: will hot farm be the new ntpa class April 04, 2021 01:51AM
It’s 510ci and not 466 because it’s not a red and green show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2021 01:54AM by Johndeere9610.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,695, Posts: 229,800, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member CBeard