Diesels can’t run with….. May 22, 2021 03:29PM
Looks like this will be a fun year to watch the unlimited super stock class with PPL
ROSS TO THE TOP IN BENSON!!

Enough grains of sand..... May 23, 2021 12:25AM
make a pile. I urge people to find the Beer Money Pulling interview with Colin Ross from the past week. He made a great point- the diesels may have less cubes, but that may be offset by torque.

Ross has won 2 of his last 4 PPL USS hooks (won Waynesburg 2019; Last year had problems at Greentown, IN and as he admitted, everywhere else also; Friday night 5th at GALOT, and won last night at GALOT). You're telling me a 50% winning percentage isn't competitive?

It's ironic that PPL results shed light on what their competitor organization should do: NTPA should combine the classes and have only 1 HSS class.

Unlimited Super Stock Tractors - -
1. TRIPLE BYPASS - COLIN ROSS - 348.97
2. GALOT 2 - JOHN STRICKLAND - 343.28
3. CONSIDERED A & D HD - JOSH BLACKBOURN - 331.23
4. RUTTIN DEERE - BOB GANSEMER - 311.21
5. TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS - AARON HULL - 310.72
6. PURE COUNTRY - MARTY HARRELL - 305.38
7. EXTREMELY A & D - TERRY BLACKBOURN - 302.54
8. MMG 1000 - CRAIG PETERSON - 298.14
9. FULLY LOADED - JEFF HOTHEM - 297.66
10. A & D INT. THREAT - JOSH BLACKBOURN - 287.08
11. DAD'S TOY - RON BARGA SR - 250.37
12. CRAZY CHAOS - ROY METZ - 218.94
13. GALOT - BRENT PAYNE - 201.34
14. ORIGINAL JUDGE - BRAD BARGA - 158.02
15. OUT OF TIME - AARON HULL - DNH

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2021 12:33AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 23, 2021 12:53AM
THM, I couldn't agree with you more. I am finding the PPL Unl. SS class for me to be one of the classes that I can't wait to see the results of. It's way past time for the NTPA to run a combined OSS / DSS class. However I realize that the NTPA will never does something that makes sense. Their OSS is literally dead and the DSS class has lost one of it's star attractions when Triple Bypass committed to run PPL. And before someones tells me how many OSS they had at BG, I would like to remind them that's BG. Don't use Bowling Green as your benchmark on what tractor pulling really looks like.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 23, 2021 01:58AM
I'm new to this tractor pulling thing but hasn't there always been a combined SS class??? Couldn't the DSS run in the unlimited ss class anytime they wanted to?? Please excuse my lack of knowledge but I think the DSS chose not to hook with the whiskey burners! Congrats to colin and the Ross family on their win and i think it's great they got the job done!!!

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 23, 2021 02:06AM
Yes Andy,there has never been a time that the DSS tractors couldn't hook with the ULSS class...They chose not to..

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 23, 2021 03:25AM
I'm wondering if more diesels will choose to hook in the unlimited/open ss if Triple Bypass continues to do well.

I always preferred the diesel supers. They're my favorite class. Watching one mix it up in the open ss class gives me something to root for and really got my interest back the last few years.

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 23, 2021 11:34AM
Jason thanks for your coverage at the Outlaw pull but I know it's hard when booze starts consuming us instead of us consuming it. Had my grandson and was watching outlaw and your post and once again you called Andy Girlach a "Dick" come on Jason kid admire and follow you.

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 23, 2021 01:44PM
In Jason's defense it was in good humor and I took no offense to the "Dick" comment he made to me! I appreciated that he live feed the dss in iowa and I made a smarta$$ comment asking him what a dss was? He and i both knew it was in humor and nothing more. Remember jason did the livestream for us to watch free of charge. Motorsports is not the place for people with soft ears and quite frankly alot worse words are used on the school bus. I take full blame for jason calling me a dick!!!! Do not bash him.

Thanks
Andy Girbach

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 24, 2021 08:20AM
Im not bashing Jason that's why I posted here hoping he would see it. He wants and claims to be the face of pulling he needs to act like it. Handing out coloring books to kids is a wonderful thing until you get drunk and start teaching them slang for the male penis which has happened twice now. It's getting to the point he's a liability for promoters and organizations. Keep him on Monday Nights and microphone free on Friday and Saturdays.

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 23, 2021 03:19PM
GirbachA
think the DSS chose not to hook with the whiskey burners! Congrats to colin and the Ross family on their win and i think it's great they got the job done!!!

Perhaps the answer in 2022 and beyond is to discontinue the diesel-only option and offer 1 Heavy SS Grand National class. It wouldn't even need a specialized name like open/unlimited/diesel SS.... it could simply be Heavy Super Stock. Full circle from the late '90s when the split happened.

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 24, 2021 12:41AM
The uss/USS is a combo class,diesels can hook in it at every event if they want,the pullers speak thier wishes by not hooking in it.thats good enough for me,leave well enough alone.over 50 percent of the dss tractors out there cant get close to the top 5,why make them look worse by combining the class.as a fan,leave it the way it is.better yet the ppl can be alky as only and ntpa dss only.i really like both classes but that's the way it'll end up

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 24, 2021 02:13AM
patches
The uss/USS is a combo class,diesels can hook in it at every event if they want,the pullers speak thier wishes by not hooking in it.thats good enough for me,leave well enough alone.over 50 percent of the dss tractors out there cant get close to the top 5,why make them look worse by combining the class.as a fan,leave it the way it is.better yet the ppl can be alky as only and ntpa dss only.i really like both classes but that's the way it'll end up

True, but there is 50% of the Alcohol burners who also struggle to keep up with the top of their class. Every Puller decides how much Time, Money and dedication they are willing to spend to pursue their out come. I enjoy watching both Diesel and Alcohol Super Stocks.

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 24, 2021 02:44AM
Patches, by your logic there are 50% of DSS that can't compete, and Ross winning 2 out of 4 PPL hooks ( which I think can't be maintained) then those 50% of DSS can't compete in there own class. However there are are several really strong DSS that can compete.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 24, 2021 05:49AM
How many USS are there that can consistently run in the top 5 ? 3 Blackbournes, 2 Galots, Hirt, and Lustik and maybe Ross. Who else ?

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 24, 2021 06:43AM
Gregk
How many USS are there that can consistently run in the top 5 ? 3 Blackbournes, 2 Galots, Hirt, and Lustik and maybe Ross. Who else ?

In addition to the ones you mentioned, last year with just 4 hooks, Gansemer, Novinger, Hull (TCOCool, Hothem, Gettinger, and Long Machine finished in the top 5. I'd say the majority of Champions Tour pullers are capable, then you add guys that may hit a hook or two like Long and Meese. There is good competition in that class. One other example, a state-level guy like Marty Harrell finished 6th at GALOT on Saturday, 5 feet out ot top 5. You've got OSTPA guys like Metzer or Keener that can run also.

Based on the 2020 hooks and GALOT this year, Ruttin Deere/Gansemer is certainly a consistent top 5 (out of 4 2020 hooks and 2 2021 hooks, 4 top 5s and the other 2 were 6th).

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 24, 2021 12:36PM
We will see at years end. Blackbournes, Galots, Hirt, Lustik, and Ross may have all the wins. Gansemer may be top 8 candidate consistently if he hooks often. Novinger will hook half the time at best. Long will hook 3 or 4 times. Hothem, Gettinger, and the 3 Wisconsin tractors are consistently 30 to 40 ft behind leaders. Top 7 or 8 are competitive then there's the rest of the field which is pretty large at times with normally a few 70 to 100ft back of winner.

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 24, 2021 12:04PM
And I'm right,thetes been a huge number parked over the years due to they cant compete,or they've trickled down to lim/lt pro..being able to compete keeps classes strong

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 24, 2021 11:34PM
patches
And I'm right,thetes been a huge number parked over the years due to they cant compete,or they've trickled down to lim/lt pro..being able to compete keeps classes strong

So, should the top 5 or 6 DSS tractors be booted from the DSS class and made to run in the USS class since the other diesels are 50 feet behind them? What's the endgame?

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 25, 2021 02:29AM
What's the end game?? Answer is pretty simple! You all keep yammering about forcing a combined ss class what will happen is some guys will park their equipment and or go run with the outlaws!! If some want to run against the alcohol tractors that is great and I love to see it but it's wrong to force competitors to run a class that they want no part of!! I know damn well if I had a dss and they forced a combined class, I'd go run with outlaws or leave it in the barn!!! The line in sand was drawn years ago and it amazes me that some of you just yapping your chops!!!!

Odd stance Andy May 25, 2021 06:16AM
GirbachA
What's the end game?? Answer is pretty simple! You all keep yammering about forcing a combined ss class what will happen is some guys will park their equipment and or go run with the outlaws!! If some want to run against the alcohol tractors that is great and I love to see it but it's wrong to force competitors to run a class that they want no part of!! I know damn well if I had a dss and they forced a combined class, I'd go run with outlaws or leave it in the barn!!! The line in sand was drawn years ago and it amazes me that some of you just yapping your chops!!!!

I’m trying to wrap my head around your stance of getting beat by a large distance regularly is somehow less bitter of a pill to swallow if it’s being done by a like fuel competitor. Can you explain why one would be less prone to parking a vehicle or seeking out a different org if the margin of defeat was similar?

Re: Odd stance Andy May 25, 2021 10:26AM
The option has been there since the day the class split, that a dss could jump into the open as class when any competitor choose to do so. This is not new or revolutionary!!! The combined class already exists and has for years!!! I've followed pulling and drag racing like religion for 40 plus years and not one time have I ever asked any competitor in any motorsport to push the envelope or to run harder! I feel it is wrong to force any competitor to be asked to run on the ragged edge. The amount of time and dedication it takes to pursue leading edge performance is mind blowing and most dont have the time or dedication!!! Kudos to the ross family for pursuing their quest to prove people wrong and pushing dss technology to where it is but by forcing a combined class people are essentially asking other competitors to run harder and that is wrong!! Ross family is clearly at the top of their game making power and that is undeniable but there is about 9-10 other stout running dss out there that clearly have no intrest in running a combined class all summer long and I support their decision!! There is good numbers of open ss at any ppl event but the numbers on ntpa side are very short. The simple fix ( imo) is let ppl run the open ss and ntpa have the dss! There is only 2 events (4hooks) for 2021 on the ntpa side for OSS. That tells me that that the fans and promoters want to see DSS at ntpa events!!! In 2months the dss and oss will be at the same event. If the majority of DSS guys jump into the OSS class then that will send a message that they choose to combine the class. If only a couple run dss run the OSS class then that will tell us the they dont want a combined class! Let's open this discussion back up after Rockwell.

Till then I hope the Ross family keeps kicking a$$!!

Re: Odd stance Andy May 25, 2021 01:21PM
So Blagraves would run harder vs. Chizek than they would to beat Ross? I don't think the color of the smoke out of the pipe makes them run harder. I think the quest to be the best already makes them run as hard as possible... no matter who they pull against.

As a side note: in the past I've also said the classes split, but that's not entirely true. The Original SS class was just renamed either Unlimited Super or Open Super. The combined class is/was the original class. The DSS is a new class and is the result of poor leadership at the NTPA. That poor leadership resulted in a boycot and an entirely new class. It was a quit more than a split and it all falls on the NTPA's shoulders.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 25, 2021 01:49PM
I don't know anything about the business of motorsports promotion, or pretend to know what classes should be eliminated or created.

I just like seeing a diesel ss beat those alky's! Even just being competitive with them. And I can't wait until Bowling Green so I can hopefully see it in person.

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 25, 2021 04:25AM
What's the reason to go watch a class of 20 dss when we all know 15 are 70 plus ft behind ?..this issue shoulda been dealt with 30 yrs ago,but oh well it's fun watching a class of all red trs,

Re: Enough grains of sand..... May 25, 2021 02:06PM
patches
What's the reason to go watch a class of 20 dss when we all know 15 are 70 plus ft behind ?..this issue shoulda been dealt with 30 yrs ago,but oh well it's fun watching a class of all red trs,

Well, even at BG they will be lucky to get 15 DSS. At the opening Outlaws hook last Saturday, weren't there only 4 DSS, with 2 being NTPA precommits? Will Outlaws be able to get any more than 8 this summer?

Colin Ross Interview May 23, 2021 05:12AM
Colin Ross Interview

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: Colin Ross Interview May 23, 2021 05:49AM
Jason great interview, thanks.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Colin Ross Interview May 23, 2021 07:59AM
I am just going out on a limb here and say that they probably spend double the money and time of any other diesel super out there. Is that anyone else fault, no but with the return on investment there aren't that many people with that kind of fun money to spend on those tractors in the diesel super class.

Re: Colin Ross Interview May 23, 2021 10:08AM
They have spent a lot on pulling as all of us have. There is one thing i have found in working with them is that they do there best to be loyal to there suppliers and spend smart money on it. Meaning you will see a lot of people just throw good money at bad and get nothing for it( no results). It’s tough in pulling to make the right decisions on what to do, who to work with, etc. They have found a combination that works for them. I would guarantee that you would find that there are much larger budgets being spent on other tractors at the upper levels. This past year was all about testing and trying things. It has shown to payoff at the track this past weekend. That tractor makes more runs at the test track than most ever see of it. That’s because when it goes out, its ready to complete and trials are done. That makes for an extreme amount of dedication to making it all work and the effort shows. Its going to be an interesting summer for the ss class.

Re: Colin Ross Interview May 23, 2021 11:33AM
I will agree totally with everything you mentioned but in observation I can't think of another puller in that class that does as many test runs or has the funds to do the testing and buying parts as they do. Like I mentioned it's nobodies fault they can afford to do that but in the argument of more diesels running with the alkies there probably isn't anyone else out there that would be able to compete day in and day out and keep the tractor together. I too am interested in how they turn out the rest of the season and wish them good luck, they are a good team with a good tractor.

Re: Colin Ross Interview May 23, 2021 03:49PM
If I were to suggest the Ross tractor be banned from the DSS class, people would rightly say it's a ludicrous idea since that tractor fits perfectly into the DSS rules. Yet, when people say the DSS guys don't want to run with the alkies, or as one mentioned, last year at Rockwell, a DSS puller (allegedly) got butt hurt when Silver Bullet was going to do their exhibition pass at the same sled setting, I wonder what are these pullers thinking?

Mentioned before but true: If GALOT puts 30 feet on a DSS, and Ross, Burge, or Blagrave put 30 feet on the same DSS, what's the difference?
If Ross hooks in DSS classes this summer when their schedule permits, and Blagrave, Burge, Beck, Hunt, Schlabach, Payne, and maybe a couple others run right with him, that pretty much destroys the argument that Triple Bypass is somehow a magic smoking unicorn doing something no other diesel is capable of.

Also, some have said "well, a diesel can't hold together for a whole year." Have you seen the DSS schedule? There are 17 hooks. PPL U/SS? 14 hooks. Even if you add the 2 cancelled Watson's hooks in Michigan, that's still fewer hooks than the NTPA diesel SS tractors have scheduled.
In other words, a DSS following the NTPA DSS schedule would hook 17 times, more than a PPL U/SS would hook. So, the argument that a DSS wouldn't live through a season doesn't pass the smell test. If you're talking about running BOTH series full time, there are schedule conflicts that would prevent that.

Aside from diesel vs alcohol, the rivalry could also be cubes and hp vs torque. Torque has won 50% of the time in Triple Bypass's last 4 PPL hooks. Sounds like the makings of a good rivalry and great marketing point, if only NTPA would take the chance.

Re: Colin Ross Interview May 24, 2021 11:47AM
Don't know if Collin mentioned it in the interview but I wonder if they are 540 cubic inch or lower to even be legal to run in the NTPA diesel class? Maybe he did or someone might know.

Re: Colin Ross Interview May 24, 2021 12:32PM
Peter T.
Don't know if Collin mentioned it in the interview but I wonder if they are 540 cubic inch or lower to even be legal to run in the NTPA diesel class? Maybe he did or someone might know.

Colin is 672 every night when he closes his eyes,......Smoking

Re: Colin Ross Interview May 24, 2021 04:01PM
Not to mention that out of the 17 ntpa hooks I’m sure there will be a third of the hooks with a pull off. Ppl almost never has a pull off.

Re: Colin Ross Interview May 24, 2021 04:36PM
Exactly why I never attend a ppl pull!!! Even though they have a pull within 40 minutes of my house!!

Re: Colin Ross Interview May 26, 2021 04:24AM
Because more guys will go home without a check

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 25, 2021 10:51AM
Down Town Puller- WOW wheres your proof of thios ? You must be a jealous little fella , huh ?

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 25, 2021 05:01PM
Girlach A backs up claim in next comment

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 26, 2021 11:36PM
Triple bypass runs very hard to be sure. Colin and Jody know how to drive as well. Colin's winning 348 ft pass came right after a Barga tractor made a coasting stop to 158 ft, helping the track condition for Colin. Then, the track crew hit the track again for Colin after Barga leaves the track. It is a picture perfect run, even smoother than several of the Alky tractors, but the track condition helped a little bit too. That's the way the sport is.

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 27, 2021 03:36AM
Maybe it was a perfect storm (again), there definitely is that possibility.

Here's the main point: for years and years and years I've argued with people that the top diesels can compete against the top alcohol tractors with the right circumstances. Will the diesel win every time? I sure hope not. Will the alcohol tractor win every time? I sure hope not. Can they run together and put on a great show? Definitely! The truth is they put on a better show together than they do apart. They've always been more exciting together. Will running heads up always work? I have no idea. Maybe someday it would need to be a 7800 vs 8200 lb class... maybe more, maybe not. Good organizational leadership would make sure both fuels can put on a quality show to benefit the entire class.

Now take a second and imagine if the entire class was a 540 cubic inch class no matter what fuel type... what would the class look like then?

The NTPA really dropped the ball on this years ago on so many different levels.

I was talking to my father the other day and he made the point that what the Ross family has done is even more impressive when you consider that they're the only Diesel in the class. They have to be perfect to beat any of the alcohol tractors let alone win against ALL of them. The odds are stacked against them yet they've won two National events. That's an impressive feat and they deserve huge accolades for their accomplishment. Hat's off to the Ross family.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2021 01:33PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 27, 2021 05:45AM
I'd love to see someone put forth a effort with a diesel LSS again! It's what the class(es) need to create excitement! In the LSS though the diesel would likely need a weight break, which most other pullers probably wouldn't be willing to allow.

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 27, 2021 02:16PM
There are a couple diesels TRYING too in TN

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 28, 2021 02:00AM
Might be a thing for a guy yet this summer...

Could 2021 be looked back on as the year of #revengeofthesmokers ?

CP

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 27, 2021 06:37AM
So jake,your kinda saying theres no reason to not allow Sally into pro,lt pro,limit pro,and super farm ??

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 27, 2021 10:17AM
Patches, I'm a little confused about what you are asking. If a vehicle meets the rules in a class and the organization allows moving into that class I would think that it would be legal.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 27, 2021 01:42PM
Patches I'm confused by your comment, is "Sally" an autocorrect for Alky or am I missing something?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 28, 2021 12:29AM
Yes

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 28, 2021 03:03AM
Alcohol was never legal in any of those other classes. Alcohol was always legal in Superstock (at all weights). The Diesel Superstock is a new class and was designed to be exclusively diesel.

Gasoline and Propane were once legal in Prostock and Superfarm but the rules have been changed and the two Minnie Mo have been grandfathered (not a fan of grandfathering, but it is what it is and that a different topic). Light Pro and Limited Pro were always diesel only classes since their inception.

There's no need to allow alcohol in those classes... just like there's no reason to allow multiple turbos in those classes, or 30.5's, etc... because it keeps some level of distinction. It has no benefit. It does benefit the Superstock class because it keeps to the classes original intent.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 28, 2021 09:07AM
Wonder why they were created as diesel only classes ??

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 28, 2021 11:31AM
The USA East Smoker series will run again in 2021. They have 7 events this year. The first hook will be in Bloomsburg on June 19th. Both JDs will be eligible to hook in the event.

Are they legal... May 28, 2021 11:53AM
Hummin Cummins
The USA East Smoker series will run again in 2021. They have 7 events this year. The first hook will be in Bloomsburg on June 19th. Both JDs will be eligible to hook in the event.

Auen and Hildebrand are both legal for NTPA SS Open/PPL USS, correct?
If yes, I'd love to see both try their luck against the alcohol tractors at Bowling Green.

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 28, 2021 12:03PM
patches
Wonder why they were created as diesel only classes ??

Combo classes can work, but not every class needs to be a combo class. Not every class needs to be a tractor class, not every class needs to be a single turbo class, and not every class needs to be a single fuel class. In recent year Klint Tucker has proved that you can combine just about anything if your willing to have leadership and do what's necessary to equalize the different combinations. The NTPA's lack of vision and leadership in the past is why the classes split. They didn't see the writing on the wall and they didn't do what was necessary to make the different fuel combinations work given the technology (Hp/torque) differences of the day. They could have made concessions to either (or both) fuels but instead they did nothing until the diesel guys boycotted.

Technology (Hp/torque) has changed and the two fuels have showed signs that they can put on a great show together again. How the motorsport moves forward with this is yet to be seen but there are encouraging signs for those looking to keep the true Superstock class alive and well.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2021 12:06PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 27, 2021 06:46AM
Jake Morgan
They have to be perfect to beat any of the alcohol tractors let alone win against ALL of them. The odds are stacked against them yet they've won two National events. That's an impressive feat and they deserve huge accolades for their accomplishment. Hat's off to eh Ross family.

Interesting perspective Jake. Now do the big blocks in the pro class on the PPL circuit .

Eye Popping

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 27, 2021 01:46PM
This is about the Superstock class. Feel free to start a new topic and I'd be happy to discuss it with you.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 28, 2021 02:47AM
No insurmountable odds in the prostock class. Someone with problem solving skills would sure help their show a lot though.[/quote]

You mean those problem solving skills that eliminated John Raymond's engine from the DSS,....and NTPA's problem solving skills by eliminating Chezik's 903's from the SSO ?

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 28, 2021 03:14AM
2021 exciting season
No insurmountable odds in the prostock class. Someone with problem solving skills would sure help their show a lot though.

You mean those problem solving skills that eliminated John Raymond's engine from the DSS,....and NTPA's problem solving skills by eliminating Chezik's 903's from the SSO ?

Refresh my memory, but there were/are 2 JD diesel supers from PA (Fred Hildebrand and Stanley Auen). They ran mainly in the FPP Smoker Series classes, and did well.
Why are these two not legal for the NTPA DSS class? Were they trying to use EFI or some other issue?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2021 03:14AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 28, 2021 08:28AM
I believe they had overhead cam heads. May have been ok in grand-national but not regional. He posted on here before about it. If I understood him right, there was technically no rule prohibiting overhead cams where he ran, but a rule was put in place after they started pulling. I may be wrong but that's how I understood it.

Froggy was awesome to watch run. The few times I saw it in person here in the East Coast Series Super/Pro class, he put 20' on the rest of the pack.

Kenneth Hale new tractor May 30, 2021 02:04PM
Didn't know the Hale's were building a new tractor, great to hear !!! Maybe they'll name it " HALE STORM "

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 30, 2021 12:07PM
Kenny Hale’s Diesel LSS will take your lunch money in Midsouth. If you think it won’t, you’re kidding yourself. Where most would have thrown in the towel & went Alky, they’ve kept beating on it..... with success

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 30, 2021 01:50PM
Can’t wait to see his new tractor hit the track.

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. May 31, 2021 12:46AM
Kenny’s tractor had the power the past couple years, just didn’t have the moveable weight. With the new tractor I think it will be able to compete. Going to be fun to watch!

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 05, 2021 02:26PM
Diesel fans stand up and be counted!
Ross to the top again at the Fort!
Today we salute you Mr. Diesel guy beating up on the alky boys!

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 07, 2021 12:47AM
What an awesome class this is turning out to be this summer! I wonder if any other diesels will give it a go?

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 07, 2021 01:43AM
maybe, 2 rings at BG? would be awesome. good job Ross,s

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 14, 2021 02:18AM
Since Triple Bypass didn't win either session this past weekend I guess the debate is over and they will never be able to compete with the Vodka burners. Smiling oWinking

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 14, 2021 02:38AM
A 3rd and 4th place finish put them in the same conversation though.

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 14, 2021 03:52AM
Sportscenter
A 3rd and 4th place finish put them in the same conversation though.

I was being sarcastic. Smiling

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 14, 2021 06:47AM
This year of pulling has been one of the most exciting and its just getting started. With Triple Bypass running in the unlimited super stock class it makes watching that class very exciting and suspenseful. The cool part is. with a good class line up its never over until the last hook is down the track. I for one love seeing the diesel beat up on the corn burners. I actually love both classes, it just makes it extra special this year that a good running diesel tractor is competitive with not only the 6 bangers but the v8's as well. I hope the Ross family has a great successful year and keeps everyone on their toes! I know it keeps me on the edge of my seat watching! ALSO, MAVTV plus is the best $7.00 you can spend to watch tractor pulling in your on a big screen in air-conditioning in your fruit of the looms! SmilingDrinking

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 15, 2021 05:40PM
How many more pulls are u gonna b able to watch on this cheep deal?????

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 16, 2021 01:44AM
Wheatland, MO for sure and they are now talking about adding Goshen, IN

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 15, 2021 10:36AM
IF IT AINT SMOKIN, IT AINT PULLIN

I LOVE WATCHING THE PRO STOCKS, DIESEL SUPERS, LIM PROS AND SF CLASSES. NOTHING AGAINST THE USS AS THOSE TRACTORS ARE INSANE AND ARE FUN TO WATCH TOO BUT THEY WERE ONCE ONE CLASS AND ALKY CONSISTENLY PUT THE WHOOPIN ON THE DIESELS ( YEARS AGO ) UNLESS IT WAS A HEAVY,WET AIR AND THEY COULDNT GET EM LIT.

I SAY KEEP USS AND DSS AND IF THE DIESELS WANT TO RUN WITH THE ALKYS, SPEND A TON MORE MONEY DUE TO NEEDING MORE POWER AND A LOT MORE PASSES/WEAR AND TEAR THEN LET THEM. I JUST HOPE DSS IN LUCAS OR NTPA DOESNT GO AWAY AS THOSE ARE SOME OF THE BADDEST ONES IN THE CLASS.

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 15, 2021 11:51AM
If Ross hooked on NTPA tracks they would win 80% of the time. On those garbage PPL tracks there big torque doesn't come in so well. They have equal HP and way more torque that they can't use.

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 15, 2021 02:08PM
Hawk
If Ross hooked on NTPA tracks they would win 80% of the time. On those garbage PPL tracks there big torque doesn't come in so well. They have equal HP and way more torque that they can't use.

It is amazing how many can’t see the forest for the trees. Ask yourself this: Did the class split when they were on ppl tracks pulling Race sleds?

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 15, 2021 11:43PM
So Jim Miller building the track at Farley was garbage huh? Very interesting.......

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 16, 2021 04:35PM
Oh yeah…Farley was worst track I’ve seen all year.

Said nobody.

Ever.

#hatersgonnahate

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 16, 2021 11:16PM
I've heard Farley was a good track.

I think it's fairly well known that PPL has dryer tracks in general compared to the NTPA. I've heard tons and tons of pullers call PPL tracks garbage tracks. I was actually discussing this very topic the other day with a friend. PPL thinks the dryer tracks look better on TV. The visual element of dirt flying all over the tractor and driver looks much more impressive to fans and they think it puts on a better show for the TV cameras/viewers. Like all things in nature sometimes it works fine, sometimes there is a little more moisture, and sometimes they pull on an absolute dust bowl. PPL does a number of things well, but building power tracks is generally not something they're known for.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 17, 2021 12:13AM
Never thought about a dry track creating a better visual for tv. But that is very true.

I would say the Farley track looked like a really good track, but Ross is not going to win everyone of them. Maybe if he would if he had 3 bullets? The results have showed he is just as good as the top alcohol. No better, no worse.

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 17, 2021 12:44AM
And where did you get this information? What PPL official told you that they deliberately sabotage track conditions for the sake of a “look cool” factor for TV. I highly doubt anyone that works for PPL would do that. I for one watched a PPL official at a Midwest region event tell a promoter that they refused to pull on one of their 2 tracks because it was so bad, he thought it would tear up equipment. Every event is different, every event has different dirt. Some dirt makes great pull tracks, some dirt sucks. I am willing to bet 90% of all the venues across the country do their best and put in a lot of effort to make their track as good as they can. I’ve seen great tracks at PPL events, I’ve seen crap tracks at NTPA events, and vice versa. The whole “PPL has crap tracks” argument never has made sense to me, and never will. Making up things to justify your claim is pretty low tho.

Anyway, I though this was a thread about Unlimited Supers, not about made up rumors about pulling organizations.

I for one am loving the back and forth between Ross’s and the Alcohol tractors, can’t wait to see how the season pans out!

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 17, 2021 03:36AM
Went to a ppl pull in Ohio a few years back where the Mods were totally engulfed in dirt when they were spinning out. A few weeks later The NTPA Unlimiteds hooked on the SAME track, SAME venue, and there was no issue with the dirt!

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 17, 2021 12:23PM
Source?
And where did you get this information? What PPL official told you that they deliberately sabotage track conditions for the sake of a “look cool” factor for TV. I highly doubt anyone that works for PPL would do that. I for one watched a PPL official at a Midwest region event tell a promoter that they refused to pull on one of their 2 tracks because it was so bad, he thought it would tear up equipment. Every event is different, every event has different dirt. Some dirt makes great pull tracks, some dirt sucks. I am willing to bet 90% of all the venues across the country do their best and put in a lot of effort to make their track as good as they can. I’ve seen great tracks at PPL events, I’ve seen crap tracks at NTPA events, and vice versa. The whole “PPL has crap tracks” argument never has made sense to me, and never will. Making up things to justify your claim is pretty low tho.

Anyway, I though this was a thread about Unlimited Supers, not about made up rumors about pulling organizations.

I for one am loving the back and forth between Ross’s and the Alcohol tractors, can’t wait to see how the season pans out!

It's no huge secret that PPL generally/consistently has dryer tracks. It's actually pretty common knowledge, ask guys who run both organizations, or guy's who have run PPL in present or in the past. Even a quick look at photos from guys like Jesse Post confirm this. It's not a terrible thing, and it's not "sabotage", it's just something that is a known characteristic of PPL tracks. You are free to believe that it's just a consistent coincidence... that's fine with me.

As for the tracks, its relevant to this discussion because someone mentioned above regarding Triple Bypass not being able to use all their torque because of the dryer tracks. I not sure if I agree or disagree with that statement, but I will say that the Ross team is at a bit of a disadvantage because they don't know the tracks as well as the alky guys. It makes their success even more impressive. They've done a great job adjusting to the "new to them" tracks and they generally improve their placing on the second night of a multi-night event. They have truly made the Unlimited Super Stock class the most exciting it's been in years.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 17, 2021 01:24AM
I know for a fact that a promoter wanted to put more water into his track and was told no by PPL personnel. This is a guy that has run an event at this track for many years and knows what the dirt needs to be a good track. That evening the mods were billowing dirt to the point that the drivers were hitting their kill switches as they were spinning in to try to keep the dirt out of their engines. Dirt and blowers don't mix very well as is the case with internal engine parts. It's not a good thing when an organization has no respect for the people that put on the show. I know one prominent puller that no longer pulls PPL for that very reason. Does it look impressive,maybe it does if your not the guy that has to keep the engines running but for him not so much! Have you noticed that most of the PPL mods have huge rear panels standing up on the back...those aren't a style statement those are there for a reason!

S'no Farmer

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 17, 2021 02:24AM
S’no Farmer, that is very unfortunate. Can I ask what event this was at? Was it live streamed or televised? I still have a hard time believing it was for T.V. purposes, but regardless I agree with you, an Association Official, from any organization, should not tell a promoter how to build their track. Nobody knows the dirt better than the crew that has probably been working with that dirt for 10+ years at most events.

Turbos can suck a lot of dirt too, we have the luxury of hoods helping keep a lot of that out.

I want to think the official that said to hold the water off was genuinely trying to help, but still, that’s the promoters call to make.

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 17, 2021 03:07PM
It's not my place to say where it was but I will say that this promoter has held probably 20 national events at this track and knows his dirt and runs a great event. I don't really know about the TV or streaming.

S'no Farmer

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 18, 2021 02:02AM
Was recently at the PPL pull in Fort Recovery and was talking with guys sitting near me about how dry the track was, as well as how it was not packed down enough at the beginning of the pull. However, the pull was great and the track seemed to stay consistent throughout the night.

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 18, 2021 02:04AM
Also worth mentioning that Ross won that night on a very dry track in Fort Recovery

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 20, 2021 01:15AM
Todd

I know what event you are referring to. I was sitting on the pit side when the mods were running that day and was getting pelted with dirt. Like you said this is not typical for an event there. As you attested to it normally is a very good track.

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2021 04:18AM by For The Love Of Pulling.

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 20, 2021 01:01PM
I’m 99% sure they are talking about the darke county fairgrounds in Greenville, Ohio. I was there for the PPL pull and the track was exactly what is being described and later on in the year NTPA definitely had the unlimiteds there after bowling green!

Re: Diesels can’t run with….. June 20, 2021 12:54PM
To S’No Farmer’s point, you may have also noticed some of the mod and mini tractors are starting to run semi-enclosed roll cages. Same reason I would think.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,671, Posts: 229,766, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,941.

Our newest member Jason