Diesels, Pushrods, V8's and Inline 6's June 16, 2021 02:50AM
This post is pretty much about the world of Super Stock pulling primarily considering Colin/ Jody Ross and the Blackbourn/ Korth/ Chizek stable. The Armed and Dangerous pulling team pretty much rules the roost of super stock pulling. We can see that in both the light and heavy PPL points standings this year. The A &D tractors are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in light super stocks, and are 1st, 2nd, and 4th in heavy super stocks, with Triple Bypass upsetting the balance at third, which is super cool, and has the pulling world all a buzz. There is more to be noted here, though! So the Ross machine is a diesel, and is running with and beating the alky boys regularly. Awesome. Kind of makes it feel like the mid-90's a little bit. But, I believe that tractor is also a pushrod engine. A pushrod beating the double overhead cams. So that makes this performance doubly interesting. Furthermore, the A & D tractor that is LEADING points is the Blackbourn's Inline 6 motor. I do not think it has the 903 Cummins V8 in it! So we have an inline 6 winning in a V8 class, and we have a diesel pushrod upsetting the balance in a class that has traditionally chosen to run alcohol.

Re: Diesels, Pushrods, V8's and Inline 6's June 16, 2021 05:00AM
Is traction control legal in PPL? I know EFI is now.

Re: Diesels, Pushrods, V8's and Inline 6's June 16, 2021 07:59AM
Is HD an overhead cam or pushrod motor?

Re: Diesels, Pushrods, V8's and Inline 6's June 16, 2021 09:13AM
HD is a pushrod motor the last I knew.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2021 09:13AM by Brent Yaron.

Re: Diesels, Pushrods, V8's and Inline 6's June 18, 2021 05:41AM
David B
Is traction control legal in PPL? I know EFI is now.

All of pulling uses a "Don't ask, don't tell" policy regarding traction control.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Diesels, Pushrods, V8's and Inline 6's June 20, 2021 10:13AM

I for the life of me still don't know why I should use it, even though I could ( when adding a bunch of sensors ).
I hope to get as much power from it ASAP -- and not retard it.
I don't run 16 inch wheels though.......

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2021 10:14AM by Sascha.

Re: Diesels, Pushrods, V8's and Inline 6's June 16, 2021 07:48AM
And the smoker is 540ci, not 598, 640, or 650.

CP

Re: Diesels, Pushrods, V8's and Inline 6's June 16, 2021 09:52AM
Glad to see someone has noticed the HD tractor being an inline and yes i am guessing its a 600 inch pushrod and compared to the V8s they dont have to wrench on it near as much lately .. But yet no one says much about it lol

Re: Diesels, Pushrods, V8's and Inline 6's June 20, 2021 05:41AM
The John Deere rutting Deere is running a push rod 6 cylinder

Re: Diesels, Pushrods, V8's and Inline 6's June 20, 2021 10:36AM
Ruttin Deere is also a Blackbourn push rod IH based engine, same thing in a different container basically.

Re: Diesels, Pushrods, V8's and Inline 6's June 21, 2021 05:57AM
Someone in the past told me the Case IH HD of Chizik was a Brent Long overhead cam inline 6 cylinder Engine. Now i'm not sure who is correct ?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM