Where to begin a build? June 18, 2021 01:27PM
I have wanted to build a hot farm class tractor for awhile now. What tractor would be a good all around foundation and what steps would you take to get there? I’ve joined a lot of groups and read dozens of other forum post. everything is so scattered and it’s always just a fraction of the puzzle so any and all help is appropriated. Thanks

Re: Where to begin a build? June 18, 2021 01:35PM
Buy one already built.

Re: Where to begin a build? June 18, 2021 02:33PM
Cheaper to buy one

Re: Where to begin a build? June 18, 2021 02:43PM
That seems to be the popular answer!

Re: Where to begin a build? June 18, 2021 08:05PM
Buy one already built and if you don't see your favorite brand pulling in that particular class there's probably a reason for it. If you're not competitive (I didn't say winning) you're not going to have much fun. Seen too many say I like this brand and never get it to run and quit

Re: Where to begin a build? June 18, 2021 09:25PM
What brand do you want to build? All colors are competitive , all depends on wallet. I run a hotfarm CASE ( 510 IPL, NTPA, PPL ) it would be tough to build one under 75k.

I’m listening June 18, 2021 09:47PM
Honestly I’m a big fan of all of them but I see more orange and red (case) reasonably price. So if you have pointers on models or where start I’m all ears.

Re: Where to begin a build? June 19, 2021 01:14AM
The first thing you need to do is figure out what group you want to pull with and build or buy to that set of rules.

Still listening June 19, 2021 10:25AM
I appreciate anyone that took time to look and read the post. I understand that I need to know what organization and rules I would be under. I guess I was asking more on the mechanical side of things. What rear ends, should I needle bearing or not? Should trans gears be swapped out for different ratio? Engine machine work or just get a good head job and throw a lot of fuel at it!? I like building things and I know it would take awhile to complete. I would love to buy any tractor for sale on here or some Facebook group but in reality I cannot do that, so I’m stuck doing things the poor man way. I’ll probably come in last every time because I don’t have all the money to throw It but I guarantee you I’ll have a blast doing it.

Re: Where to begin a build? June 19, 2021 06:21AM
I have a International Hot farm for sale if you are really serious. Very competitive tractor, turn key, just unload it and pull. Asking $ 65.000 270-268-8986 10 am - 7pm any day, Also have lots of spare parts and one built DT466 hot farm engine.

Re: Where to begin a build? June 19, 2021 10:29AM
I am serious about this but I don’t have that kind of money to throw out. I grew up with nothing but I’m slowly getting to where I can have things. Besides I have a 12 year old that would be ecstatic to build this with dad!

Re: Where to begin a build? June 19, 2021 11:06AM
Then by all means build it yourself! You need to know how to do it anyway so you can perform repairs and realize where to make future improvements. Hopefully your skills and or willingness to learn will allow you to and son to do most of the work yourselves. The time spent will be worth every dime spent with your son. That is how to grow pulling! Good luck with your build

PS: if you are a red guy I’d find a 706 rear and transmission to start your build, if green a 4020 trans and rear

Re: Where to begin a build? June 19, 2021 11:13AM
Thank you! And I hope to meet a lot of good people doing this.

Re: Where to begin a build? June 19, 2021 06:55PM
I am building one for myself. For most it might not make any sense. For me I love the build, trying to figure out how to make it run as well as I can. I agree IF you shop carefully you can find a puller for less that you can build for. But I have seen a few butcher jobs that some try to sell too. Have fun however you do it.

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,693, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520