? for Canadian pullers and fans June 23, 2021 12:40AM
Looks like the governments have punted until July 21 to do any updates, but hypothetically if the border is opened in late July or early August, how many Canadian pullers and fans would attempt to go to Bowling Green?

One thing I've wondered- even if the border is opened back up in a month, how many Canadian pullers would not be able to run this year due to issues getting parts?
And..... if the border is reopened sometime this summer, wouldn't it be ironic if a Canadian puller could run in the US, but not in Canada?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2021 12:41AM by The Original Michael.

Re: ? for Canadian pullers and fans June 23, 2021 02:04AM
Current plan is to be BG bound unless they get crazy and extend the closure another month. Which will be beyond frustrating.

Parts availability is tough......just costs more to have stuff shipped direct.

And at current rate you are 100% correct........we could likely pull in the US before we will ever pull here.

Re: ? for Canadian pullers and fans June 23, 2021 04:01AM
Farmers Fun, then you and some you other SWOTPA competitors may be pulling at Armada, MI.
If so, what are the covid requirements the US has for your entry?

Re: ? for Canadian pullers and fans June 23, 2021 05:18AM
I don't know what is required as yet.........waiting for official announcement the border is open before I get too concerned about that.

Armada is the same weekend as BG unless I'm mistaken, so unfortunately I will not be there.

That being said, there are others from the club who do not usually go to BG that may be ready and itching to pull there.

Re: ? for Canadian pullers and fans June 23, 2021 07:33AM
The way it has traditionally worked, a lot of the SF guys will run the afternoon at BG then come up for the night session and stay over for Sunday. Been that way a long time. Whoever else wanted to do it could.

CP

Re: ? for Canadian pullers and fans June 23, 2021 08:48AM
Yes Charles I am aware that’s an option since BG did away with the Sunday session. But we’re just gonna be spectators at BG, lol! So no tractor for the way home……..hopefully some of our guys make the stop.

Re: ? for Canadian pullers and fans June 23, 2021 05:33AM
FarmersFun
Current plan is to be BG bound unless they get crazy and extend the closure another month. Which will be beyond frustrating.

Parts availability is tough......just costs more to have stuff shipped direct.

And at current rate you are 100% correct........we could likely pull in the US before we will ever pull here.

Thanks.

Off the top of my head, if the border is open, some of the Canadian pullers I'd love to see come down and run (if they have parts and are ready) would include Tom LaRue's twds, David Lacey's minis, Rod Cochrane mod/twd, some of the Ontario mods that rarely cross the border (Roseborough, Truax, and if it still pulls, the Coyote tractor); Both Chance McGrath and Kevin Taylor PS, Orville Couture and Bill Wright; perhaps the Crazy Canuck SS tractor or even the alky Massey Tractor that runs ASTTQ. There are several TWD like Doug Stutt and others, and FWD pullers I'm forgetting.

Quick question- did Donald Labonte pass away last year?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2021 06:08AM by The Original Michael.

Re: ? for Canadian pullers and fans June 23, 2021 05:54AM
Yes, Donald Labonte passed away earlier this year.

It will be tough to say who will be ready to pull at BG. With what appeared to be little hope of a border opening for so long (and no season on deck here), a person can start to lose the drive to be ready.

News report, border reopening very close July 05, 2021 11:19PM
update to guidelines

Looks like the governments are moving closer to reopening the border this month.

Perhaps BG's tradition of including the Cansdian National Anthem along with the Star Spangled Banner will be sung to a large contingent from our neighbors to the north.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2021 11:20PM by The Original Michael.

Re: News report, border reopening very close July 11, 2021 02:31AM
At this time, the border is still only open for essential travel. Unfortunately most of the media omitted some key terminology in their reports. The restrictions lifted were only to aid essential travel by scrapping the 14 day quarantine if you are fully vaccinated (while also requiring a negative Covid test going each way). So basically nothing has changed for most Canadian citizens who want to cross for non essentiall travel - basically border is still closed until July 21st (and probably longer). So it is looking less and less like it will be an option to attend this year.

ConfusedSad

Re: ? for Canadian pullers and fans July 12, 2021 04:23AM
FarmersFun,

This is getting very frustrating. we are ready to see our Canadian friends. Still keeping hopeful for BG but with each extension it keeps feeling farther away.

Re: ? for Canadian pullers and fans July 12, 2021 05:47AM
Frustrating is a very kind way of describing it.

I have other words I use. Lol!

Re: ? for Canadian pullers and fans July 12, 2021 06:19AM
FarmersFun
Frustrating is a very kind way of describing it.

I have other words I use. Lol!

The ones we use here begin with B and S.

We're running into the same issues here - no playing with WNY this year either...

Re: ? for Canadian pullers and fans July 12, 2021 06:51AM
I'm gonna miss the Canadian campers by me. Always good convo over 30 plus years with them

Re: ? for Canadian pullers and fans July 13, 2021 05:10AM
We will not be going this year and from a majority of the campers that I know will also be sitting this one out. We will all greatly miss seeing or friends in bg. We have decided to keep our tickets instead of asking them to roll them over to next year so that our neighbors don't get a crazy person next to them and wreck the weekend. I'll be in touch with our neighbors to see if they want them. Everyone have a great and safe weekend. See you next year.

Re: ? for Canadian pullers and fans July 14, 2021 11:16PM
We finally pulled the plug on any hope of the BG adventure last last night.

It seems there will perpetually be some excuse to keep the non-essential border traffic shut off (watch them open it next week now that we've said no).

This will be the first (somewhat) voluntary pass I've taken on going to BG since we started this adventure 25 years ago. Have to wait another year I guess...... Moody

Best of luck to all competitors and hope the fans get a great show!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009